Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Midfielders

Lets have some examples then! :dunno:

Erm theres loads of players knocking about through out England and Europe, personally I'm a fan of Paul Robinson - Swansea, Chris Cohen who's at Yeovil, but you probabley regard them as not good enough seeing as they weren't decent Premier League players 5 years ago, that Andreas Ivanschitz sounds quite exciting as well.

Theres some examples, want some more? Bearing in mind I don't have a network of scouts hunting through out Europe for me.

I don't disagree with you on Lennon, I just think it's about stupid calling someone "out of his mind" for thinking he might be to old, he's 36.

commons - no thanks - saw him in the first leg of the playoffs against yeovil and he was abysmal, so many wayward passes, looked out of his depth...

would not be in the least surprised if we get some east european no one has ever heard of, there are masses of cheap quality players out there, and it is milan's neck of the woods...

i'm sure if we were after half the names mentioned here, they'd be on board by now, it's not like we're taking a slow steady approach to signing players.

First person to say Culina gets shot.

Oh.. or Gudjonsson. They get shot too.

With Culina do you think he would leave Champions league football to play championship football?

i dont!

the best players that we would be able to get are the likes of Hendry, Murphy, Jarvis, Commens i would like to see all of those 4 here but its never going to happen, (well not this season) we will get 2 of those players max!

Scuunnyy lad. Been there since they were in League Two, he's alright. Probabley not quite good enough though.

I'm a big fan.

Lot's going for him. Has really grown with the club.

Maybe not quite up to scratch, but just one example of a lot of players who are worth a further look.

Scuunnyy lad. Been there since they were in League Two, he's alright. Probabley not quite good enough though.

if we are gunna buy from scunny i'd rather we got sharp and sold a striker

I quite like Scott Vernon at Blackpool too. He's 23ish.. impressed at.. I think Oldham before moving there and has been very good for them this season.

Hard working, good passer - goal threat.

Again - might not be quite up to scratch, but I'd expect Martin Allen to know quite a lot about these sorts of players.

No offence mate, but that is bleedin' obvious.

I'd like Sharp here too. I can't see it though.

we've as good a chance as anyone thoug i think he'll stay there for the 1st 6 months atleast

I don't disagree with you on Lennon, I just think it's about stupid calling someone "out of his mind" for thinking he might be to old, he's 36.

Barton never said he was too old though, just put a rolling eyes emoticon.

Erm theres loads of players knocking about through out England and Europe, personally I'm a fan of Paul Robinson - Swansea, Chris Cohen who's at Yeovil, but you probabley regard them as not good enough seeing as they weren't decent Premier League players 5 years ago, that Andreas Ivanschitz sounds quite exciting as well.

Ivanschitz would never come and I think would cost too much. Robinson? Cohen? Better than Holland and Lennon? :mellow:

Barton never said he was too old though, just put a rolling eyes emoticon.

Ivanschitz would never come and I think would cost too much. Robinson? Cohen? Better than Holland and Lennon? :mellow:

Do you even know how good either Hollan or Lennon currently are. Not were, are.

Theres some examples, want some more? Bearing in mind I don't have a network of scouts hunting through out Europe for me.

Let me add Lee Frecklington, Richard Knopper, Matt Jarvis, Sacha Ilic, Neil Danns, Aaron Davies to that list.

Let me add Lee Frecklington, Richard Knopper, Matt Jarvis, Sacha Ilic, Neil Danns, Aaron Davies to that list.

Knoppers over 30 and Ilic is totally unrealstic imo, hence why i left the out.

Apart from that agreed, throw Chris Shuker in there just to keep Fez happy.

Chris Shuker

Bradley Johnson

Tom Soares

I still think Holland and Lennon would be better than anyone else mentioned so far though.

I think Graham Kavanagh has got to be one of the best suggestions so far. He is quality in this league.

Chris Shuker

Bradley Johnson

Tom Soares

I still think Holland and Lennon would be better than anyone else mentioned so far though.

Maybe, but we don't know that do we. Lennon nearly took a deal at Wycombe last week ffs lol. and who knows how much Holland has left.

Remember how you were all having a Thomas the Tank over the signing of 32 year old Andy Johnson last season and look how that turned out.

My point was you can't call someone out of their mind for suggesting that two players that age wouldn't be right for this club.

Knoppers over 30 and Ilic is totally unrealstic imo, hence why i left the out.

Apart from that agreed, throw Chris Shuker in there just to keep Fez happy.

I thought Knopper was still hanging by a thread on 29? That's what he told me anyway when I went night fishing with him.

Archived