Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Midfielders

Come on Martin where are they? Weve signed a Goalkeeper, a defender and two strikers so far, but no midfielders. We only have Porter and Weso! I'd have thought we would have brought a couple in by now.

Hopefully we will bring in Jarvis, Commons, Lennon, Holland and Hendrie to start with.

Jarvis - unknown he might be okay

Commons - couldn't cut in the CCC and can't cut it in League 1 :thumbup:

Lennon - please :rolleyes:

Holland - we'd be better off with Jools

Hendrie - :mellow:

Come on Martin where are they? Weve signed a Goalkeeper, a defender and two strikers so far, but no midfielders. We only have Porter and Weso! I'd have thought we would have brought a couple in by now.

I'm sure that with the midfielders we are trying to negotiate fees and so on. We really need to get the midfield right this season, it's crucial we spend the money wisely.

I'd expect this to be the area, if any, where significant funds are spent... i mean we have Weso and Porter, along with Gradel and King (both of whom are likley to be introduced slowly from the reserve team), so we're in desperate need of players to strengthen this area above all others.

Danny Murphy remains my own top, probably unrealistic target... but i cant see him not being worth a shout. I think we have a great chance at bringing in Jarvis but i think the deal may take a while... beyond these two, a number of players (be they out of contract or potentially commanding significant fees) are possibilities, Thompson, Fortune, Kishishev, Kavanagh, Hendrie etc…but I think its important that we have a balance of experience and youth in this area above all and don’t potentially waste money on those who cant contribute in the way they have in the past.

Of the players we have currently, only Weso seems likely to hold down a place consistently and that will depend hugely on fitness and general attitude (the later shouldn’t be a problem but the former is something that he and the physios will need to have sorted).

Porter, King and Gradel will have their chances, but I cant see any of them holding down a place consistently, at least initially… that could of course change very rapidly should they impressive in the reserves or perhaps out on loan.

This means we need anything from 4 to 6 new midfield players…

2 wingers (as we already have Gradel and Porter as cover), Jarvis covers both wings but at the same time we will also need a player for the right wing…

2-3 creative, play makers for the centre mid as we have no one to fill that space (bar King), the likes of Murphy, Hendrie etc… could fill that role neatly, but it would be nice to investigate the possibility of brining in a talented, younger player on loan as well, especially after the success of Brum with their midfield players from Arsenal.

1 utility player, essentially as cover… Kishishev seems the obvious candidate? But then again some might be suggesting Lennon for a similar role (much like Yorke at Sunderland).

1 holding player, its too much to hope that Weso will either avoid injury or not be unavailable for some other reason at some point in the future… so some cover seems sensible… again a role Lennon might fill, but I’d be interested to take a look at Al Bangura at Watford.

Has Lennon retired? Thats what I read in a newspaper so it must be true.

I'm sure the midfielders will arrive. Its only June and we've already signed 4 and got rid of 5.

No he hasn't retired.

Are you out of your mind? Which midfielders would you like to see come here then? Gerrard, Kaka? These are the best we can possibly get. Commons could cut it in the CCC and was outstanding when Forest were last in the CCC. Lennon is still a great player despite his age and would be useful in a coaching role later on. As for Holland and Hendrie, two great established Premiership players who aren't exactly past it.

But please, if you have any better suggestions I would love to hear them.

why dont you suggest someone then rather then just slating any player we are linked to ...

No he hasn't retired.

Are you out of your mind? Which midfielders would you like to see come here then? Gerrard, Kaka? These are the best we can possibly get. Commons could cut it in the CCC and was outstanding when Forest were last in the CCC. Lennon is still a great player despite his age and would be useful in a coaching role later on. As for Holland and Hendrie, two great established Premiership players who aren't exactly past it.

But please, if you have any better suggestions I would love to hear them.

All very debateable, Commons is arguable just a good league one player, Lennon and Holland are both the very wrong side of 30.

Commons is incredibly overrated. For all the hype, he hasn't really pulled up any trees at Forest.

OLE!

Great pun.

And great point.

Sure he can do stepovers and give the ball away. Doesn't impress me.

I would be fairly unhappy if we signed this joker.

Lennon and Holland are both the very wrong side of 30.

Well the problem with players that are the very right side of 30 is that they cost shite loads if they will be good enough to get us out of this division.

Well the problem with players that are the very right side of 30 is that they cost shite loads if they will be good enough to get us out of this division.

What? All midfielders in the world under the age of 30 are either going to cost shit loads or not be good enough.

I disagree. :rolleyes:

Archived