Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Midfielders

I thought Knopper was still hanging by a thread on 29? That's what he told me anyway when I went night fishing with him.

Christ, looks as though you are right, I thought he was 30 now. I'm only a few months out anyway.

In any case I've got no idea what he's doing now, last I herd he'd gone back to Vitesse. I know Wikipedia says different but I think it's wrong.

Levi Porter would not look amazing in league one.

I think a lot of us are agreed on the following.

Kavanagh would be a good signing. Even if just for one year. He knows the division, we know he has the ability, he has the bite and he's a winner.

Chris Shuker also looks like he could do the business here. Bit more of a risk. Would pretty much definitely come if given the chance.

Lennon still has the ability. He could cut it in this division. But for how many games?

Of the three, Kavanagh would be my top choice as I think he'd give you 40 games, 90 minutes a time, 100%.

As for Holland, well, I'd like him here. I've just always liked him as a player. He's not what he was and I take the point regarding Wise/Johnson etc... but I genuinely think he can do a job here.

Failing that, we could do worse than tempting Callum Davidson back. Would he want to though - he got beaten up in his sleep here.

I'd like to hear more about the rumour that Ireland was looking for a move away from Man City...

No idea. Never seen him play. And anyone who says they've seen him play more than twice is either lying or a massive geek.

Never even heard of him mesen until recently. He was highly sought after a few years back when Man United signed him from Anderlecht, but he failed to break in to the first team after a bad injury. He's still only 20. Might be worth a look.

Never even heard of him mesen until recently. He was highly sought after a few years back when Man United signed him from Anderlecht, but he failed to break in to the first team after a bad injury. He's still only 20. Might be worth a look.

Not played a senior game at all i don't think for anyone.

Jarvis - unknown he might be okay

Commons - couldn't cut in the CCC and can't cut it in League 1 :thumbup:

Lennon - please :rolleyes:

Holland - we'd be better off with Jools

Hendrie - :mellow:

So come on Barton, rather than being Mr negative as normal, who would you want to line up in our midfield next season then?

We should definitely be looking towards Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea for promising midfield players on loan however.

Arsenal have 5 or 6 out on loan at any one time.

I've heard a lot of good things about Fran Merida at Arsenal, mainly a creative midfielder, can also play on the left. He could be worth a shot.

Also, what about Michael Woods from Chelsea, ginger lad who made his debut against Forest in the Cup last year. I think he was one of those Leeds lads that Chelsea were accused of tapping up.

I've heard a lot of good things about Fran Merida at Arsenal, mainly a creative midfielder, can also play on the left. He could be worth a shot.

Also, what about Michael Woods from Chelsea, ginger lad who made his debut against Forest in the Cup last year. I think he was one of those Leeds lads that Chelsea were accused of tapping up.

Yeah - Woods was.

Either of those would be worth a look. Being honest, I don't know a great deal about either of them.

Come on Martin where are they? Weve signed a Goalkeeper, a defender and two strikers so far, but no midfielders. We only have Porter and Weso! I'd have thought we would have brought a couple in by now.

I thought exactly that. Its good that he has brought in strikers, another keeper and a solid defender, but i'm waiting on the news that he will bring in a midfielder. Come on Martin - MIDFIELDERS MAN, MIDFIELDERS!

The fact is though the likes of Stephen Hughes and Levi Porter would look as good as all of these clowns in League One.

Lennon for example would piss League One standing on his head.

I was a huge Lennon fan but think his days are sadly over. Remember, the Scottish league, for most of the games is very poor and I can remember talking to a couple of Celtic supporters before the start of last season who said that his legs had gone then! The last few months he had with us wern't that impressive but that was possibly down to his state of mind. Lennon, Izzet, Savage and Guppy as a midfield invoke great memories for me and I'd hate to see him come back a poor shadow of his former self. No offence in anyway intended to Neil or anyone on this site, it's just merely my opinion.

Are you out of your mind? Which midfielders would you like to see come here then? Gerrard, Kaka? These are the best we can possibly get. Commons could cut it in the CCC and was outstanding when Forest were last in the CCC. Lennon is still a great player despite his age and would be useful in a coaching role later on. As for Holland and Hendrie, two great established Premiership players who aren't exactly past it.

But please, if you have any better suggestions I would love to hear them.

First off it isn't my place to go suggesting players.

Secondly, people harp on about Jarvis he may well work out but of the others first touted lol

Kris Commons is no f'ckn good if he was he wouldn't be at Forest and if he is so good why is he still stuck there when no f'cker will have him. Tricks are all well and good but like so many we've had in our midfield he can't retain possession.

Neil Lennon is f'ckn past it, he knows it to but will try and blag one last payday from somewhere. All you lot are carrying on like you want to get back with your last bird for one last memory. Get a grip.

Matty Holland is another the wrong side of what we need and he hasn't been all that for 3 seasons.

Lee Hendrie perhaps, but he can easily do a job in the Premiership, if he turns up then great.

Jarvis - unknown he might be okay

Commons - couldn't cut in the CCC and can't cut it in League 1 :thumbup:

Lennon - please :rolleyes:

Holland - we'd be better off with Jools

Hendrie - :mellow:

Who would you suggest then Barton? You always rip peoples suggestions down, but I never see many coming from you?

Archived