Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Modern media

With all this focus on new signings and the OS, it feels like an age ago that we didn't rely on this service. I remember when we had our first game of the season in 1995/96 away at Sunderland and Radio 5 mentioned a bloke called Steve Corica making his debut. I know we signed him really close to the game itself but I can't imagine a situation like that happening these days, we'd have someone on Talking Balls going on about his mate down the training ground spotting an Austrian called Sam Coracle about three months beforehand.

I kind of miss it.

With all this focus on new signings and the OS, it feels like an age ago that we didn't rely on this service. I remember when we had our first game of the season in 1995/96 away at Sunderland and Radio 5 mentioned a bloke called Steve Corica making his debut. I know we signed him really close to the game itself but I can't imagine a situation like that happening these days, we'd have someone on Talking Balls going on about his mate down the training ground spotting an Austrian called Sam Coracle about three months beforehand.

I kind of miss it.

We were also not lumbered with the incessant links with every player that ever kicked a football.

Surprise has it's benefits.

I kind of miss it.

I was at that game... looked a good player so I was happy.

Not when you're taken from behind by a randy bear.

I wouldn't know, what's it like then?

This one paid the price for his nymphomania!

oregon-bear-burrell01.jpg

I remember turning up to a game (Wimbledon away??) and we had some lad called Guppy playing. I knew fu ck all about that!

Haha I remember doing exactly the same thing, but on the way down on the radio i'd heard the name Steve Guppy and thought he'd signed for Wimbledon. When he ran out in a Leicester shirt I thought perhaps we'd had to lend him a kit.

Archived