Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Sergio Hellings. Will He Be Any Good?

Suck it and see,is my phrase of the day!Could be a humey........could be an elvis.

If your trying to work out if it's Hume or Elvis, "suck it and see" could be a very good way to find out ;)

As a child I never played, nor learned the rules of, hopscotch.

Often, whenever I heard the word mentioned, I though of butterscotch - which I liked.

Oddly, now I am an adult, I like butter and scotch.

Not together.

That's simply stupid.

Have you ever been to Cockfosters? What's your opinion now?

Have you ever been to Cockfosters? What's your opinion now?

Never been all the way on that line. I fully support any man that wishes to go there, remaining comfortable with my Underground usage.

I'm more of a Midland Mainline kinda guy :thumbup:

I hope he's got that touch of class about him that Ajax youth's often have.

im always wary of the term "touch of class", when applied to footballers

what people are really saying is they are lazy poseurs

Now I trust wikipedia about as far as I can throw it, but my mate told me about this bit on the end of his article and I thought it was muchos interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Hellings

Hellings was signed by Leicester City on 19 June 2007 for a unknown fee. They beat of intrest from Fulham, Wigan, Seville and Werder Bremen[2]

...... :blink:

Hellings has a worse disciplinary record than Danny Tiatto, looking at his stats from last season. I hazard a guess that makes him a tough tackling midfield battler, rather than an attacking and graceful midfielder.

Hellings has a worse disciplinary record than Danny Tiatto, looking at his stats from last season. I hazard a guess that makes him a tough tackling midfield battler, rather than an attacking and graceful midfielder.

Yeah, I've herd he's very defensivly minded from a number of places. I've read somewhere he can play Centre back as well.

Although Fez said he thought he was attacking midfielder.

But Fez is a numpty so we'll ignore that.

Yeah, I've herd he's very defensivly minded from a number of places. I've read somewhere he can play Centre back as well.

Although Fez said he thought he was attacking midfielder.

But Fez is a numpty so we'll ignore that.

I think he's a jack of all trades player, Thracian will love him.

This could go some way to explaining how good Hellings is, if it is true.

Sergio Hellings (born 11 October 1984, in Amsterdam, Netherlands) is a Dutch footballer who plays for Leicester City.[1] His regular position is in midfield.

Hellings was snapped up by Ajax at an early age, and was nurtured through the Dutch side's world-famous youth system. He has represented his country at all youth levels up to Under-21.

Signed by Belgium side Anderlecht for €2 million from Ajax in October 2002, Hellings is an all-round midfielder who has previously attracted the attentions of Middlesbrough and was subject to a substantial offer from Leeds United in 2005.[citation needed], however, he made a shock and left the club in 2006, joining the club he had supported for his whole life, AGOVV Apeldoorn.

He had played constantly for both the U19 and U21 for Holland and has become a popular figure in his home country.

Hellings was signed by Leicester City on 19 June 2007 for a unknown fee.[2] They beat of intrest from Fulham, Wigan, Seville and Werder Bremen to sign him.

I mean Seville thrid in La liga, Bremen are a good German team. Wigan and Fulham just survived the premiership, but obviously thought Hellings was Premiership quality. :thumbup:

This could go some way to explaining how good Hellings is, if it is true.

Sergio Hellings (born 11 October 1984, in Amsterdam, Netherlands) is a Dutch footballer who plays for Leicester City.[1] His regular position is in midfield.

Hellings was snapped up by Ajax at an early age, and was nurtured through the Dutch side's world-famous youth system. He has represented his country at all youth levels up to Under-21.

Signed by Belgium side Anderlecht for €2 million from Ajax in October 2002, Hellings is an all-round midfielder who has previously attracted the attentions of Middlesbrough and was subject to a substantial offer from Leeds United in 2005.[citation needed], however, he made a shock and left the club in 2006, joining the club he had supported for his whole life, AGOVV Apeldoorn.

He had played constantly for both the U19 and U21 for Holland and has become a popular figure in his home country.

Hellings was signed by Leicester City on 19 June 2007 for a unknown fee.[2] They beat of intrest from Fulham, Wigan, Seville and Werder Bremen to sign him.

I mean Seville thrid in La liga, Bremen are a good German team. Wigan and Fulham just survived the premiership, but obviously thought Hellings was Premiership quality. :thumbup:

Yeah, was posted on page 2 :thumbup:

Archived