Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Sergio Hellings. Will He Be Any Good?

• 5 years later...

I wonder if players like Hellings might actually be conmen. A few people must at least give it a go. If you've legitimately been in an academy like Ajax then so much the better, but I wonder if it's possible to just simply invent yourself as a footballer, give yourself some appearances for some obscure foreign club, and then get a snooth talking agent to pitch you to clubs with money to burn. Back it all up with online profiles, maybe some fake YouTube footage, some fake articles building hype. It can all be done. You would only need to win a couple of decent contracts and you'd be sorted for life.

I wonder if players like Hellings might actually be conmen. A few people must at least give it a go. If you've legitimately been in an academy like Ajax then so much the better, but I wonder if it's possible to just simply invent yourself as a footballer, give yourself some appearances for some obscure foreign club, and then get a snooth talking agent to pitch you to clubs with money to burn. Back it all up with online profiles, maybe some fake YouTube footage, some fake articles building hype. It can all be done. You would only need to win a couple of decent contracts and you'd be sorted for life.

Hello there Graeme.

Pretty sure I saw an episode of Hustle where they actually tried that.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/mar/20/bobby-shillinde-botswana-afc-wimbledon

Here u go

Archived