Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryanside

Arctic Monkeys Live

Went to see them last night, was an open air gig. got fairly tanked up before and was all set for a great night out.

They played for about an hour and 10, all the "classics" and the good new ones too.

But what i didnt like is that their crowd interaction or whatever you want to call it was just no existant, after the last song they just walked off, no "thanks for coming out blah blah blah".

From all the live bands ive seen these were probably the worst, music was good but they just gave nothing more from what you would hear on the cd :angry:

Went to see them last night, was an open air gig. got fairly tanked up before and was all set for a great night out.

They played for about an hour and 10, all the "classics" and the good new ones too.

But what i didnt like is that their crowd interaction or whatever you want to call it was just no existant, after the last song they just walked off, no "thanks for coming out blah blah blah".

From all the live bands ive seen these were probably the worst, music was good but they just gave nothing more from what you would hear on the cd :angry:

That's how they end all gigs!

what did you want them to do shake every fvckers hand and say thanks for coming you were shit?

seen them twice - in Leicester early this year and at Glasto the other night. they were good both times but nothing special i agree. i love both albums but they're not the same standard live. their crowd interaction isn't the best but i think that's just them - it can seem rude but its not and it's a nice change from every other band who bang on about how great the crowd are etc

If you want a good live band maybe you should go to a m- .....

Hi we're the Arctic Monkeys. We're a band. As a band we have decided not to play music but to interact with you, the audience. So whos up for a game of duck duck goose?

Don't like the AMs and never seen 'em live, but I personally find it disappointing when a band I love has no voice on stage. Being a rockstar ain't just about music, it's about being a performer.

Best live band I've seen this year? Motley Crue by a very long way. Granted they're very musically gifted too - but I don't really know much more than their classic hits - still good though. Genius showmen.

Don't like the AMs :mellow: and never seen 'em live, but I personally find it disappointing when a band I love has no voice on stage. Being a rockstar ain't just about music, it's about being a performer.

Best live band I've seen this year? Motley Crue by a very long way. lol Granted they're very musically gifted too - but I don't really know much more than their classic hits - still good though. Genius showmen.

Gotta be sarcastic? :whistle:

I am not a fan of the Arctic Monkeys either overated, lack of talent and followed by people with a lack of imagination is my own opinion

I think what Finners is saying is that playing a great live show is about more that just standing there and playing your songs while looking moody it's about bringing the audience together and making them feel part of the whole event and putting on a great show they have come to be entertained!!

as for sarcasm is that why you have a photo of Pete Doherty?

I am not a fan of theArctic Monkeys either overated, lack of talent and followed by people with a lack of imagination is my own opinion

I think what Finners is saying is that playing a great live show is about more that just standing there and playing your songs while looking moody it's about bringing the audience together and making them feel part of the whole event and putting on a great show they have come to be entertained!!

lol lol If you say so

As for a lack of talent... lol lol

And they do put on a great show.

I am not a fan of the Arctic Monkeys either overated, lack of talent and followed by people with a lack of imagination is my own opinion

Maybe so yes.

But the Arctics having no talent, what a stupid thing to say indeed.

Maybe so yes.

But the Arctics having no talent, what a stupid thing to say indeed.

not really I said lack of talent not no talent but it's what I think it's amazing what hype and marketing can do for a band they are an average band nothing more nothing less they just had some very clever marketing behind them which created a hype or overhype should I say about them. like when they played small venues and had the email register thing, very clever marketing

imo they have sold more records through hype than talent imo purchased by people who rely on radio 1 to inform them of what to listen to a flavour of the month like the terrible Franz Ferdinand if you like

far better bands are out there but hey it's only my opinion you would probably hate some of my music and life would be very very boring if we all liked, listened and had the same opinions as everyone else

not really I said lack of talent not no talent but it's what I think it's amazing what hype and marketing can do for a band they are an average band nothing more nothing less they just had some very clever marketing behind them which created a hype or overhype should I say about them. like when they played small venues and had the email register thing, very clever marketing

imo they have sold more records through hype than talent imo purchased by people who rely on radio 1 to inform them of what to listen to a flavour of the month like the terrible Franz Ferdinand if you like

far better bands are out there but hey it's only my opinion you would probably hate some of my music and life would be very very boring if we all liked, listened and had the same opinions as everyone else

Must admit there have been many people who have "jumped on the bandwagon" with the AMs and this has certainly increased the popularity but I still think their songs and lyrics are brilliant and the latest album is IMO one of the best I've ever purchased.

I just hope their songs arn't getting overplayed too much as I don't listen to the radio much I don't really know, but I am awasre of the over publicity they've recieved from radio 1.

I agree, perhaps they have had a lot of publicity and hype, but perhaps thats because they are better than a lot of what is around at the minute?!

But as you say i have to disagree with the average band tag. Their first two albums have been nothing short of brilliant - clever marketing or not.

But yes, life would be boring if we liked the same thing music i suppose - but is there better at the minute - im not so sure.

But we'll agree to disagree :P

Coming from a Babyshambles / Libertines fan? Look, I never said I was a big fan of the Crue, but their live show was pure fooking theatre. I've never seen four (five?) blokes work up a crowd that much - and I'm no gig / festival newbie. It was Oscar worthy, it really was. Whatever you think of their music, on stage they're behemoths.

And as for the Arctic Monkeys, yawn, whatever. They're not talentless but they're not "extremely talented" either. These teen fads (sorry, Fez) come and go and come and go, sure there's some genuine fans out there, but most of you will be on something else in six months. What talent they have isn't instrumental (go watch Dreamtheater, THAT is instrumental talent) but in writing catchy pop songs. Arguably not the hardest feat in music (the entire boy/girl band industry?), but they've certainly got an appeal.

• 3 weeks later...
Coming from a Babyshambles / Libertines fan? Look, I never said I was a big fan of the Crue, but their live show was pure fooking theatre. I've never seen four (five?) blokes work up a crowd that much - and I'm no gig / festival newbie. It was Oscar worthy, it really was. Whatever you think of their music, on stage they're behemoths.

And as for the Arctic Monkeys, yawn, whatever. They're not talentless but they're not "extremely talented" either. These teen fads (sorry, Fez) come and go and come and go, sure there's some genuine fans out there, but most of you will be on something else in six months. What talent they have isn't instrumental (go watch Dreamtheater, THAT is instrumental talent) but in writing catchy pop songs. Arguably not the hardest feat in music (the entire boy/girl band industry?), but they've certainly got an appeal.

:laugh:

Just seen this.

I don't get what's so wrong about a band in passing anyway? Rather they write two or three classic albums that a lot of people like and then give it up than be like the Stereophonics or Feeder (well whaddya know, they're both Welsh :whistle::D) and keep banging away at the game despite sounding like knackered old twats.

:laugh:

Just seen this.

I don't get what's so wrong about a band in passing anyway? Rather they write two or three classic albums that a lot of people like and then give it up than be like the Stereophonics or Feeder (well whaddya know, they're both Welsh :whistle::D) and keep banging away at the game despite sounding like knackered old twats.

To me they've never sounded like anything other than knackered old twats. The twats.

Arctic Monkeys - 606 :whistle:

I’m going back to 606 if it’s with Ray Stubbs I wanna be on 5 Live

In his imagination he’s strangling Alan Green with his head between his thighs

Stop and wait a sec, When you ring me up and slag me off my darling what did you expect?

I’d probably still adore you if you slagged off Spoony, he’s still blagging it last time I checked

He’s a nut shy of spark, he’ll try and debate a point but he’ll fall short of the mark

Arguing with Ray but he’s not as harsh as Mark

The middle of the show is the perfect place to hark

But I crumble completely when he sighs

It seems like once again you said that Spoony lies

I’m always just about to poke you in the eyes

Take five callers off the air too soon

Arctic Monkeys - 606 :whistle:

Stop and wait a sec, When you ring me up and slag me off my darling what did you expect?

I’d probably still adore you if you slagged off Spoony, he’s still blagging it last time I checked

He’s a nut shy of spark, he’ll try and debate a point but he’ll fall short of the mark

Arguing with Ray but he’s not as harsh as Mark

The middle of the show is the perfect place to hark

But I crumble completely when he sighs

It seems like once again you said that Spoony lies

I’m always just about to poke you in the eyes

Take five callers off the air too soon

Winds me up when people go to all that trouble and don't make it fit the song. :@

Archived