Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chelve84

Training Day Updates & Manager Reports

Yeah I have the same problem but when you have a big peg you need a big mallet to knock it in :thumbup:
its been said that if you 've got to knock in a big nail you need a big hammer :whistle:

:unsure: not that i'd know of course

Wow, twice in the same thread. :smile:

Loads of players pick up niggling knocks at the start of pre-season and are pulled out of training sessions as precautionary measures. I wouldnt make this bigger than it actually is. Im sure he`ll be out there again tomorrow or Friday.

Loads of players pick up niggling knocks at the start of pre-season and are pulled out of training sessions as precautionary measures. I wouldnt make this bigger than it actually is. Im sure he`ll be out there again tomorrow or Friday.

I wasn't making a big deal of it. I said it didn't look that serious in the original post. The point is that he was the only player out of 36 training to have to pull out injured, niggly or serious, and looking at his history of injuries it worries me that he appears to be struggling to keep up with the pace at this very early stage.

I wasn't making a big deal of it. I said it didn't look that serious in the original post. The point is that he was the only player out of 36 training to have to pull out injured, niggly or serious, and looking at his history of injuries it worries me that he appears to be struggling to keep up with the pace at this very early stage.

i would of though it was common to get injury's this early because of the players having not bin training regular.

i would of though it was common to get injury's this early because of the players having not bin training regular.

Yeah, that may be the case. Everyone else seemed capable of lasting the course though. Wesolowski who's had two broken legs in his career already, N'Gotty who is getting on a bit and even the goalkeepers took part in all the running exercises. It is more than likely precautionary, just seems like an early setback for Cort having had to go back inside before the serious running work was done.

Perhaps his injury is the same as Serena Williams suffered yesterday? You get injured, you play better.

Nah, it can't be.

Serena Williams is more of a man.

I wasnt saying you were fella but when you start a thread as a "training shock" it doesnt sound too good! Lets see if he trains tomorrow or Friday and worry a little less. :dunno:

I wasnt saying you were fella but when you start a thread as a "training shock" it doesnt sound too good! Lets see if he trains tomorrow or Friday and worry a little less. :dunno:

It was meant to be sarcastic, as an injury for Carl Cort is anything but a shock, but I can see why you thought I was making a big deal of it now :thumbup:

It was meant to be sarcastic, as an injury for Carl Cort is anything but a shock, but I can see why you thought I was making a big deal of it now :thumbup:

Are you sure it wasnt MDV??? :D

Are you sure it wasnt MDV??? :D

:D Allen did pull MDV over for a chat at the start of training but couldn't hear what it was about. Seemed quite friendly though. Could've been about anything really. Sounds like he makes an effort to speak to players individually judging by the first two days of training. Spent most of the training session glued to his mobile phone though. Leaves the handling of the players as a group to his backroom staff which is how it should be done really. Managers manage, coaches coach.

:D Allen did pull MDV over for a chat at the start of training but couldn't hear what it was about. Seemed quite friendly though. Could've been about anything really. Sounds like he makes an effort to speak to players individually judging by the first two days of training. Spent most of the training session glued to his mobile phone though. Leaves the handling of the players as a group to his backroom staff which is how it should be done really. Managers manage, coaches coach.

Lets hope he is persuading a few more to sign for us. Im sure he was explaining to MDV what Leicester is as he hasnt been here for 18 months.

Carl Cort pulled up, holding his back, after about 30 minutes of training today. He stayed out for a little longer before heading back to the changing rooms well over an hour before any of the other players. It didn't look like a serious injury but shows that he has a way to go before he's fit again. I'm more worried about him after today than I was before.

I have no doubts about corts ability to do what he's payed to but he is very injury prone and I myself can see him being a very good friend of the physios :frusty:

Sounds as if Cort needs lots of work in warm indoor conditions to make him light on his feet and as agile as he can be.

Things like skipping, boxing routines, yoga, rebound excercises with a ball, even fast-dance routines.

Things to get him up on his toes, sharp in his mind and which will make him sweat but stretch and warm his limbs without much risk of going too far.

I may be wrong but it doesn't sound as if he has the same starting point as others, fitness wise and, given his history of endless injuries, perhaps a different approach is needed.

Or is my eccentricity showing through again!. :rolleyes:

Sounds as if Cort needs lots of work in warm indoor conditions to make him light on his feet and as agile as he can be.

Things like skipping, boxing routines, yoga, rebound excercises with a ball, even fast-dance routines.

Things to get him up on his toes, sharp in his mind and which will make him sweat but stretch and warm his limbs without much risk of going too far.

I may be wrong but it doesn't sound as if he has the same starting point as others, fitness wise and, given his history of endless injuries, perhaps a different approach is needed.

Or is my eccentricity showing through again!. :rolleyes:

Have you been watching the new Rocky film?

Carl Cort pulled up, holding his back, after about 30 minutes of training today. He stayed out for a little longer before heading back to the changing rooms well over an hour before any of the other players. It didn't look like a serious injury but shows that he has a way to go before he's fit again. I'm more worried about him after today than I was before.

Lasted a day longer than I expected. :rolleyes:

Just found this on BBC 606 Forum from a guy whos been training ground today, sounds pretty interesting and promising In my opinion with the exception of cort

Went to training ground and can confirm Hendrie there. Didn't look overly sharp to me, in fact, slightly bulky. Hellings looked awesome on a couple of ball drills. Matty Fryatt looked lean and very very fit compared to rest of squad. Carl Cort was laid up after a while with what looked like a knee problem...ominious. No sign of Hughes. De freeze was rank. The young Sappleton(?) looked really good with lots of natural tricks.

Any thoughs

mods -sorry if this has been covered in another thread or whether it would fit into a current one :dunno:

Carl Cort injured again? Suddenly my position in the sweepstake for next year looks a longer shot than it did yesterday.

Not surprising really, but hopefully if he gets the niggling injuries out of his system now, he might be first for a while in the season. :)

I imagine Fryatt has made more of an attempt to keep himself ready after the disaster that was last season. He couldn't really afford not to get himself ready perhaps a little earlier than most.

Just found this on BBC 606 Forum from a guy whos been training ground today, sounds pretty interesting and promising In my opinion

Went to training ground and can confirm Hendrie there. Didn't look overly sharp to me, in fact, slightly bulky. Hellings looked awesome on a couple of ball drills. Matty Fryatt looked lean and very very fit compared to rest of squad. Carl Cort was laid up after a while with what looked like a knee problem...ominious. No sign of Hughes. De freeze was rank. The young Sappleton(?) looked really good with lots of natural tricks.

Any thoughs

mods -sorry if this has been covered in another thread or whether it would fit into a current one :dunno:

Hendrie will be fine for the start of the season if he signs, you would think. Hope he does because with him onboard we would be real contenders next season.

Carl Cort is FUBAR'ed and i cant see him being a regular in the starting line up. Sappleton sounds like a good prospect, and fair play to MA for spotting him.

And good on Fryatt, i think he is going to rip the league to shreds next season.

Carl Cort injured again? Suddenly my position in the sweepstake for next year looks a longer shot than it did yesterday.

Not surprising really, but hopefully if he gets the niggling injuries out of his system now, he might be first for a while in the season. :)

I imagine Fryatt has made more of an attempt to keep himself ready after the disaster that was last season. He couldn't really afford not to get himself ready perhaps a little earlier than most.

It's a better sign for sure and shows that at least the message has got through. Any chance Wolves might fancy Cort instead? :D

Archived