Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chelve84

Training Day Updates & Manager Reports

Good photos, those. Glad Ka'abi looked good.
on the subject of Keabi ,he's world class you'll see that when he plays IMO he's the one thats going to stand out this year some of the stuff he did on the training ground yesterday was unreal he's got the best ball control ive ever seen a city have top 5 this season IMO

:):D:D

• 3 weeks later...

Manager Speaks

Posted on: Sat 18 Aug 2007

Good evening,

The most important thing in my job is to get a good performance. Supporters may not be able to quite get their head round that at first, but I feel that over 10 and a half months if you get good performances then you will get good points. You might scrape a win and scrape a point here and there, but over the longer term that is not going to be good enough.

I was pleased with the performance of the team today. They showed confidence. They passed it well and always wanted the ball. They were competitive but kept their control, focus and concentration. They were superb.

The whole squad were superb - the people sitting next to me on the bench, the players that were not even picked to be on the bench - all of them were in the dressing room before the game and all of them were with us.

It's a test of character, of course, when the opposition equalise in injury time. But our supporters realised how well we had played. All of our fans stayed behind and clapped all our team off the pitch - and rightly so. I was proud of the players. It was a good performance and a good day for our club. That is a standard that we have to try and adhere to and work to week-in week-out.

Palace only had one shot on goal in open play in the first half, which is not bad because they scored four from open play last week away at Southampton. The free-kick was deflected for their first goal. It could have gone anywhere - but it went in. That was their first shot of the game - before that we had totally dominated possession and had controlled the game.

In the second half, against the wind, we had our backs to the wall a couple of times. But they never really threatened our goal because of the work-rate of the entire team. From the front to the back they worked hard.

Our new goalkeeper, Marton Fulop, never had a lot to do. He oozes confidence and calmness. He is 7' 6" I think. I saw him jumping in the goalmouth underneath the crossbar before the game and his head was actually going about two feet above the crossbar. I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't having hallucinations! He oozes confidence and that spreads throughout the team. Everybody knows the importance of having a calm and collected goalkeeper.

The left back, Clive Clarke, has come in and done a steady, tidy job. I said from day one that he is not spectacular. I doubt he is going to win any Champagne, but all I want from him are steady performances. Keep it tidy and simple - and I don't want any cartwheels. And that is what he will do.

Patrick Kisnorbo has been fantastic in pre-season since he got back. He has got a lovely grin at the training ground. He has been a bit frustrated because ha hasn't been able to be involved, but he has worked hard with the fitness people. His attitude is fantastic. He has got these great big eyes that he stares at me with. I have been having a few jokes with him and he is not sure how to take me. When that ball goes in the 18 yard box he is a danger. He is a threat. I love having him about. He is a great man and a great player. I am looking forward to working with him and enjoying his company because he is a really good bloke.

Overall it was a good performance and I am very happy tonight.

Take care,

Martin

And overall I imagine he has every right to be pleased.

I cannot speak for the performance of individuals but it is an achievement for us to win a point at Crystal Palace and it certainly doesn't sound like we adopted some sort of backs-to-the-wall invitation for Palace to attack and win at will as was the case in recent seasons.

Not only did we take a point, we should probably have had three. We also scored the minimum two goals I said we'd need to have any success, our recently-signed striker scored a confidence-boosting first goal and we showed that, even as an emerging team, we need fear no-one in this league.

MA now has something tangible to build on - his first point and our second game unbeaten. He might not know but even two games unbeaten was worthy of comment in our recent past. It will be nice if we can build that run.

Manager Speaks

Posted on: Mon 20 Aug 2007Good afternoon

The first team squad have trained this morning with Damien Doyle and Adrian Whitbread to top up their fitness levels with a lot of power, strength and speed work.

We have a strong team playing tonight against Nottingham Forest over at Hinckley and the team is as follows:

Jimmy Nielsen, Joe Mattock, Alan Maybury, Richard Stearman, Lathanial Rowe-Turner, Eric Odhiambo, Sergio Hellings, Andy King, Levi Porter, Matty Fryatt and Reneil Sappleton. Subs: Alex Cisak, Billy McKay, Joe Magunda, Ryan Beswick, Scott Garner.

My first week in competitive action has been interesting; the disappointment after the high expectation and a home loss followed a good away win in the cup, which had a few scary moments but we still managed to get through.

And then of course Saturday's away game at Crystal Palace where as the away team we had 55% of the possession, double the amount of attempts at their goal and completed 312 passes compared to the home team's 198.

The spirit and desire was very evident throughout the afternoon and was typified by Matty Fryatt and Richard Stearman, who were in the dressing room before the game to wish the players good luck and not slipping away sulking.

The opposition had one shot at our goal in open play in the first half and although we kept good possession we lacked a threat in the final third.

However, at half-time I urged them to believe in themselves, be braver in possession in the final third and to take people on one versus one rather than pass the responsibility.

I thought they were absolutely terrific and especially as Clive Clarke was injured and we were virtually playing with 10-men after I'd already made three subs.

Without a shadow of a doubt the balance of the team was much better with the arrival of Clive Clarke and the introduction of Patrick Kisnorbo.

Things can most definitely still improve and they will when we settle down and the players get a good understanding of each others' game.

On Saturday we play the league leaders and a team that is strong, done well in the Premiership without their top goalscorer.

And on Saturday we will put out a team that will do us proud.

They are unbeaten with three wins out of three and the scene is set for a cracking contest between two quality teams.

I look forward to seeing you there on Saturday afternoon at five to three.

Take Care

Martin

Manager Speaks

Posted on: Sat 25 Aug 2007

I am just so happy for the players. They have worked so hard. We have got a lot of new players and the whole squad have played their part. I am just so happy for all the players to get that first win. It must be a relief for them. I have had to back them up and keep being positive behind them. I have kept looking after them and kept urging them forward and have kept that confidence in them. You could see how happy they were and the joy that they brought to all the supporters from their performance. That was magic.

I am pleased that all the supporters can go home happy. That is the first time that they have won here for eight games. The atmosphere, performance, commitment and some of the quality at times was very good against a team that was playing in the Premiership last season.

I was disappointed to let a goal in right at the end of the game from that penalty that I don't think anyone else in the stadium saw. But there you go.

We always have a meeting at the training ground on the day before a game. We try and do a brief analysis of the opposition because of course we study our opponents before we play them on the video. We cut and clip videos to show our players their strengths, weaknesses and how we are going to beat them. We do that every game. Yesterday, I changed it. I played them the first 10 minutes of the game against Blackpool. I made them all sit there quietly and watch it like children. At the end of it I just looked at them and said: "I can't see that anymore. You are not going to put our supporters, me or anybody else through that. Tomorrow I will be looking for you to put that one behind you and show that you are good players." That was the team talk.

We have done hardly any training this week, with some of the players being away. We have had six -a-side World Cups. The players trained really hard on Tuesday with Damien Doyle and Adrian Whitbread. It has been a really good week at the training ground. That was magic out there today and I loved every minute of it.

Iain Hume had a fantastic pre-season. He was really impressive. But he felt and I felt as well that he just lacked half a yard in a couple of those games. We took him back again, if you like, and then put him back out on the racetrack. I explained how I wanted him to play. I didn't want him to play as a right winger. I didn't want him to play as a right side midfield player - I wanted him to play as a forward on the right hand side and give them a problem. God bless him - didn't he do that today. He did us proud when we were leading. He filled in and did a midfield job. He worked courageously for the team and the strike was great. Even in the first game against Blackpool we had seven of those and they didn't go in. But today they did. That's the beauty of the game. You have to take the knocks when they don't go in and when they do you can kind of enjoy it, without going over the top.

Hossein Kaebi made his debut off the bench in the second half. I had to tell the blinking interpreter what I wanted him to do. I don't know what the interpreter was telling him, but he has been different class to be fair. He is at the training ground with us every day. We involve him and he is a decent geezer. He looks after Hossein. I just wanted him to go on the right hand side and get a feel for it. He has played in front of much bigger crowds in much bigger stadiums than this so it shouldn't really faze him playing here. It was the first time I had seen him play today, to be perfectly honest with you, apart from on a DVD. He hasn't played for two-and-a-half months. Time will tell. He is sharp, I know that. The players have got a lot of respect for him and he enjoys being around us. I have tried to teach him some of my type of English, which he has picked up rather quickly. He's doing all right.

It will be a great night at the City Ground on Tuesday. It's a big occasion. Obviously, it is a local derby and there is a lot of local rivalry between these teams from what I have heard.

All the players and staff will be in tomorrow morning. I am going to go home and watch this video tonight. So will Whit. Our video clip man will be working on it tomorrow - looking at things that we can improve ready for Monday morning. We will also have the Forest game from today all ready. That will all be cut and ready for when we get to the hotel on Tuesday.

We don't leave any stone unturned. It is long hours and it is a lot of commitment. We pay a lot of attention to detail and plan everything meticulously.

You could just go home and say what a great day you have had. But you have got to home and work and get yourself ready - keep focussed and keep controlled. Then it is on to the next bit.

I enjoy every day. Even after the Blackpool game - I was still proud of them because they kept going right until the end. They had commitment and energy. They wear the shirt with pride.

Take care,

Martin

They're usually what he said on the radio, I'm beginning to wonder if he writes them at all...

It's not posted by Martin Allen, it's identical to the interview on Radio Leicester after the match.

Rubbish, only put 'posted by Martin Allen' if it's posted by Martin Allen please.

It's not posted by Martin Allen, it's identical to the interview on Radio Leicester after the match.

Rubbish, only put 'posted by Martin Allen' if it's posted by Martin Allen please.

Sorry Mark, I never heard the interview :rolleyes::(:unsure::S:blink:

Manager Speaks

Posted on: Mon 27 Aug 2007

Good evening,

Training went well this morning. We have a couple who are struggling to make it and a couple that are not going to make it to this cup match tomorrow night. I am well aware of how important it is to all our supporters to put in a good performance in this cup competition against our local rivals. All the players were told this morning in no uncertain terms that Saturday is now history and that has to be left behind and move forward.

There is no doubt in my mind that good things are starting to happen here. We have a fantastic squad of dedicated, hungry and enthusiastic men who are committed together to be successful.

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow night.

Take care,

Martin

Archived