Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chelve84

Training Day Updates & Manager Reports

Does anyone know what time training will be on Thursday?

I might go down for a bit.

they won't let any 1 in on thursday mate, Martin Allen actually spoke to about 6 fans yesteray at training and said they are gonna be preparing thursday friday for the 2 friendlys on saturday, and they will use the far pitch.

they won't let any 1 in on thursday mate, Martin Allen actually spoke to about 6 fans yesteray at training and said they are gonna be preparing thursday friday for the 2 friendlys on saturday, and they will use the far pitch.

Ah ok then nevermind

Well a decision has to be ,made really - Mattock or Sheehan?

Mattock did really well last season, so which one is it Thrac?

Mattock's likely to be away on international duty early in the season anyway but it isn't really a case of choosing between them

We need two players for every position...and both were looking sharp and capable at training this morning.

People have remarked about MA liking the ball delivered quickly from back to front and from the flanks to the centre and there was one occasion when I was watching today when Sheehan delivered an inch-perfect 35 yard angled cross which dropped on his target's toes.

It was classic Sheehan and exactly what he did time and again two seasons back.

Mattock is more a pass and move footballer. All power and driving energy.

I'd keep and use both. No question.

Hendrie will be fine for the start of the season if he signs, you would think. Hope he does because with him onboard we would be real contenders next season.

Carl Cort is FUBAR'ed and i cant see him being a regular in the starting line up. Sappleton sounds like a good prospect, and fair play to MA for spotting him.

And good on Fryatt, i think he is going to rip the league to shreds next season.

I'm beginning to wonder where Hendrie would fit in if Clemence signs. Because Weso and Porter looked sharp as knives in training today playing central midfield. Porter whacked in a tidy goal. He was arguably, the best player on view and looked fit enough to play a first team match tomorrow.

In fact all the young lads looked full of running and well up for the fight to keep their places.

DeVries has prompted some comments. Today he was forever involved, looked full of interest and perfectly fit enough to make defenders lives uncomfortable.

For me he was probably the best of the big men today.

I didn't stop to the very end but overall it looked a top quality training day. If I'd been a player there I'd have loved it and felt very lucky.

Martin Allen clearly had presence and his comments were both amusing, fairly cryptic yet full of purpose. There was never any doubting who was in charge but the atmosphere was good and to a man the players were attentive.

One thing I particularly liked was his constant singling out of individuals for a bit of praise or encouragement - words which served to let them know he was noticing what they were doing, both good and bad.

His emphasis on the team aspect was noticeable. "You've got to Love each other. Even if you don't like each other you've got to love one another, help and encourage each other," he said.

There was lots of purposeful ball work, some really terrific excercises and, for all that it was hard work, players were encouraged to enjoy themselves and entertain - but always at high tempo.

Fans were quietly and helpfully welcomed and provided with a decent vantage point.

Assuming that's a typical example of Leicester City training under the new regime it was hard to fault and worth a full +1 (total +13.5).

How was Hellings looking? I went down yesterday and he really stood out in the drills they did, his ball control and dribbling looked v.good, quick, strong and he had plenty of tricks. He had the beating of Hume everytime in the 1 v 1 drills and Hume put a really nasty tackle in eventually. MA had a bit of a word but Hellings was straight back up and they shook hands which was good to see.

Might see you down there then Thracian. Me, ld3 and Ched are going today.

Sorry to hear that sad news Thracian.

Great to see you all again, even if my grandson might have seemed a bit moody.

I think it was inevitable. He was more concerned where we might get a memory seat for his brother than anything else.

He's accepted he's gone to live with the angels but it's hard answering when he asks if he'll be back soon to visit us all.

What did help was visiting the Garden of Remembrance at the Walkers. He didn't stop asking questions about that.

If only I was sure I had the right answers.

Thrac, did you notice whether Morfaw was still there training? Any other trialists? (Lisbie, Hendrie?)

I didn't see Hendrie and, unfortunately I wouldn't recognise Morfaw or Lisbie although Joe/Lil-dave3/Ched might know.

Who was playing on the left Thrac?

Sorry to hear about the sad news. I hope the club do what little they can, and I'm sure they will.

No-one as such. They were small side games so there was lots of interchanging although, mentioning wingers, Gradel, on the right, turned inside and cracked a belting left-footer which scraped the bar. Seemed well pissed off to have missed as well. I only remarked on Porter because he seemed to be very much in middle-to-deep central midfield as opposed to wide left.

No-one as such. They were small side games so there was lots of interchanging. I only remarked on Porter because he seemed to be very much in middle-to-deep central midfield as opposed to wide left.

:blink:

Levi :worship:

First time i've been down to wtahc the team train but actually quite enjoyed it. Alot of the players looking sharp and looking good, De Vries has slimmed down no end and was holding the ball up well. Sheehan looked good aswell, scoring a 25 yard screamer towards the end aswell. Hayes looks pretty tricky, although you'd have to be with yellow boots like his! Can't believe how tall Cort is, he's massive. A trainer said Morfaw was still training with us but we couldn't see him, and at the end MA came out and spoke to us for about 5/10 minutes, top bloke. Said he wants all his signings at the club before the games in Scotland.

I didn't see Hendrie and, unfortunately I wouldn't recognise Morfaw or Lisbie although Joe/Lil-dave3/Ched might know.

This is Morfaw...

morfaw.jpg

Doesn't really look like anyone else, so if lildave says he didn't see him I doubt he was there?

Sorry to hear about your news Thrac.

Great to see you all again, even if my grandson might have seemed a bit moody.

I think it was inevitable. He was more concerned where we might get a memory seat for his brother than anything else.

He's accepted he's gone to live with the angels but it's hard answering when he asks if he'll be back soon to visit us all.

What did help was visiting the Garden of Remembrance at the Walkers. He didn't stop asking questions about that.

If only I was sure I had the right answers.

I feel sure that as an obviously intellectual man, you will have had the right answers.

I don't know you, but I feel for you and your grandson.

Manager Speaks

Posted on: Tue 10 Jul 2007Good afternoon,

Today we have completed two days training. The players have been put through their paces. It has been very intense, hard work requiring discipline, concentration and focus. I am pleased to say that we have had no rebellions - no dissent. I have enjoyed watching some of the characters really pull their way. I have pushed and prodded to train and work harder.

Tomorrow (Wednesday), we have two games at the training ground. The first one, kicking off at 11am, is against Kettering Town. We are playing three 30 minutes halves, if you know what I mean. The second game is at 2pm, and again there will be three thirty minute periods or halves, if you know what I'm saying.

It will give me the opportunity to watch everybody in the club play 45 minutes. However, I must tell you that tomorrow the training ground will be closed to all members of the public. If it was allowed to be open we could have hundreds or even thousands of people at the training ground, which we just cannot physically cater for. Our safety officer has informed us that it must be behind closed doors, and therefore it will be closed to everybody. I hope you all understand the decision and the reason why we are having to make that choice. I will update all supporters about how the games have gone tomorrow evening after the game.

At this moment in time we have picked up no injuries and everyone is looking fit and well. They are hungry, which is good news.

Best wishes,

Martin

This is Morfaw...

morfaw.jpg

Doesn't really look like anyone else, so if lildave says he didn't see him I doubt he was there?

Sorry to hear about your news Thrac.

I thought I did see him - because being so distinctive I thought I ought to recognise him but didn't. Can't be sure though and it was before training rather than during so he may have been elsewhere.

Sorry to hear about your sad news Thrac. Seems like you saw a similar thing as I did last week. The older youngsters who have been in and around the first team for a couple of seasons now (Sheehan, Wesolowski, Porter) really do seem to have come back from the break strong. That's not a biased view. I do take an interest in the youngsters but Sheehan hasn't looked fit for well over a year so his rejuvenation is obvious and Porter tapered at the end of last season so his apparent abundance of energy stands out too. Wesolowski not only looks to have higher fitness levels but also looks a stronger runner. The slight limp that he's had since his injuries doesn't seem as bad to me. He looks much smoother in his stride.

The training ground is closed tomorrow because there's two practice matches being played at the ground against Rushden and Kettering.

As for today, quite enjoyed it. The players are looking pretty sharp and there were some promising displays going on. Like ld3 says, De Vries looks a lot leaner and held the ball up nicely in the 5-a-side matches. Levi impressed me, bagging a couple of nice goals for himself in these matches too.

Allen came up to the fans that came to watch us and spoke to us for a little while. It's fair to say he's a top bloke. He said that he had hoped that Clemence and Campbell would have been with us yesterday afternoon but circumstances meant they couldn't.

When one fan asked aout Fowler he said that the Clemence/Campbell deal was closer, so this means that there's definitely some interest in him.

As for Morfaw, there was no sign of him today. There was one player training who we weren't sure who he was, and we asked AW and he had no idea lol

Sorry to hear about your sad news Thrac. Seems like you saw a similar thing as I did last week. The older youngsters who have been in and around the first team for a couple of seasons now (Sheehan, Wesolowski, Porter) really do seem to have come back from the break strong. That's not a biased view. I do take an interest in the youngsters but Sheehan hasn't looked fit for well over a year so his rejuvenation is obvious and Porter tapered at the end of last season so his apparent abundance of energy stands out too. Wesolowski not only looks to have higher fitness levels but also looks a stronger runner. The slight limp that he's had since his injuries doesn't seem as bad to me. He looks much smoother in his stride.

Absolutely. There's no doubting the truth of what you say and I remarked at training this morning that Weso seemed to be running strong again and without the slightest reserve.

Had Mandaric been there he'd have been grinning from ear to ear. These excellent kids are growing up fast. It's early days for all our new signings but they'll none of em find it easy keeping our kids out given fair consideration.

But I do wish I could have stayed to meet Martin Allen. I'd have congratulated him on one of the best training sessions it's been my pleasure to watch and pleaded with him (politely) to look again at Sheehan.

Given a minder-type centre-half - a man who's aware of when Sheehan drives forward and is alert enough to cover for him - this lad could play a part in 10 goals a season for us.

And that's not to dismiss Mattock. There's chance to use both, no problem. In fact Sir Alex Ferguson has been commenting only today of the need to use players sparingly to keep each and every one at peak performance.

Archived