Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chelve84

Training Day Updates & Manager Reports

It's a better sign for sure and shows that at least the message has got through. Any chance Wolves might fancy Cort instead? :D

Have you ever eaten a dog egg omlette? I'm guessing the answer to both questions are the same lol

It's going to be a fascinating fight for starting places by the sounds of it. I just hope MA's got the bottle to keep an open mind. I say that because Kelly's comment last July about "every shirt being up for grabs" was classic bullshit.

Even me being the eternal pessimist didn't believe Carl Cort would get injured this early :nono::rolleyes::frusty:

Reactions rather than injuries are a sign of recovery. I'd be more worried if he didn't show any after such a long period out of action. Again could be mistaken.

Edit-for the sake of a name, Hendrie would be great. I hope MA has the balls to say no if he looks rubbish. Also with reference to Hellings, I hope his quality shows over a season. Hughes started well too, noone knows where he got lost.

Just found this on BBC 606 Forum from a guy whos been training ground today, sounds pretty interesting and promising In my opinion with the exception of cort

Went to training ground and can confirm Hendrie there. Didn't look overly sharp to me, in fact, slightly bulky. Hellings looked awesome on a couple of ball drills. Matty Fryatt looked lean and very very fit compared to rest of squad. Carl Cort was laid up after a while with what looked like a knee problem...ominious. No sign of Hughes. De freeze was rank. The young Sappleton(?) looked really good with lots of natural tricks.

Any thoughs

mods -sorry if this has been covered in another thread or whether it would fit into a current one :dunno:

thats what i like to hear

I didn't think Fryatt looked any fitter than any other player on Wednesday. Players that stood out for me, especially in the longer distance running were Wesolowski, Porter and Sheehan who all seemed to be leading from the front in their own groups. Sheehan in particular looked like he'd left his niggling injuries behind him which is a positive imo.

I didn't think Fryatt looked any fitter than any other player on Wednesday. Players that stood out for me, especially in the longer distance running were Wesolowski, Porter and Sheehan who all seemed to be leading from the front in their own groups. Sheehan in particular looked like he'd left his niggling injuries behind him which is a positive imo.

Good to hear that JBF. I really do hope MA takes the trouble to look at Sheehan before sending him off to the wilderness of Lincoln.

I've seen some distinctly average players wearing our number three shirt in the last two years and just wish that Sheehan and the club could, at long last, start to appreciate each other - although he was Reserves captain.

That goes for the fans too. I doubt if any player has been criticised more by people who have seen so little of him. Quite apart from his occasional first team games, our Reserves often seemed to play their best and most attacking football when he was in the team.

I would stress that he had things to learn defensively even when I saw him at his best. But if he's worked on those and is properly over his groin and other injuries, he's a quality player...just like Weso and Porter who I also hope don't get their careers swept under the carpet through our obsession with bringing in a cupboard full of new brooms.

All three can reward this club well if we show a little patience.

Good to hear that JBF. I really do hope MA takes the trouble to look at Sheehan before sending him off to the wilderness of Lincoln.

I've seen some distinctly average players wearing our number three shirt in the last two years and just wish that Sheehan and the club could, at long last, start to appreciate each other - although he was Reserves captain.

That goes for the fans too. I doubt if any player has been criticised more by people who have seen so little of him. Quite apart from his occasional first team games, our Reserves often seemed to play their best and most attacking football when he was in the team.

I would stress that he had things to learn defensively even when I saw him at his best. But if he's worked on those and is properly over his groin and other injuries, he's a quality player...just like Weso and Porter who I also hope don't get their careers swept under the carpet through our obsession with bringing in a cupboard full of new brooms.

All three can reward this club well if we show a little patience.

Well a decision has to be ,made really - Mattock or Sheehan?

Mattock did really well last season, so which one is it Thrac?

Anybody new at trainning today?

Was Hendrie there or is he on his way to boro?

Lisbie was there again and so was Morfaw, no sign of Hendrie though. Hughes and Maybury trained with the Under 18s which makes me think they're leaving very soon because Elvis and De Vries both trained with the senior squad. Gradel, Ashley Chambers, Mattock and Sappleton all trained with the senior squad too.

Edit: And Carl Cort wasn't training.

Lisbie was there again and so was Morfaw, no sign of Hendrie though. Hughes and Maybury trained with the Under 18s which makes me think they're leaving very soon because Elvis and De Vries both trained with the senior squad. Gradel, Ashley Chambers, Mattock and Sappleton all trained with the senior squad too.

Edit: And Carl Cort wasn't training.

Good update, it would be good if we could keep this thread going on a daily basis if anyone can manage to get down to training. Kinda nice to know what is going on :thumbup:

:D Allen did pull MDV over for a chat at the start of training but couldn't hear what it was about. Seemed quite friendly though. Could've been about anything really. Sounds like he makes an effort to speak to players individually judging by the first two days of training. Spent most of the training session glued to his mobile phone though. Leaves the handling of the players as a group to his backroom staff which is how it should be done really. Managers manage, coaches coach.

"Managers manage, coaches coach."

An important point in the main - I'm a great believer in managers not becoming too familiar with players. A word or two here and there - occasional advice/instruction by all means.

But familiarity does breed contempt and managers need to be sure that when they do speak their words carry clout.

They also have other things to do.

Surely can't be bigger than Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's? :o

does anyone remember that finnish dude? Jari Rantenen i think his name was. He had a big arse...

I remember reading somewhere that they struggled to find shorts that fitted him- they had to bring out an old pair of Bob Hazel's..

I'm hoping to get there today. Got my six-year-old grandson down for a while. His half-brother died yesterday morning and I thought it might take his mind off things.

That's sad news, Thracian.

I hope the little fella is ok.

As ok as you can be.

Have a good day :thumbup:

I'm hoping to get there today. Got my six-year-old grandson down for a while. His half-brother died yesterday morning and I thought it might take his mind off things.

Sorry, to hear that Thracian. Yeah, going to watch the training could at least be a distraction for a while.

Take care, hey. x

Might see you down there then Thracian. Me, ld3 and Ched are going today.

Sorry to hear that sad news Thracian.

Archived