Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chelve84

Training Day Updates & Manager Reports

It's good to hear Gradel's getting match time with the seniors... and still continuing to make things happen.

Yeah really good news and at this rate maybe he could be above Newton in contention for the starting place next season. :thumbup:

It's good to hear Gradel's getting match time with the seniors... and still continuing to make things happen.

He looked very dangerous when on the ball, whenever he made a mistake he got a little angry with himself, but I suppose that's good.

McKay (?), Magunda, Dodds and Howard also featured. Dodds scored I think as well in the second match.

He did in training the other day aswell.

Certainly did. He was well cheesed off with a left-footed 25-yarder which crazed the crossbar - and which would have been some goal had it gone in.

But that's what he does. Edge of the box and his eyes are always scanning the target. He never shirks responsibility in attack but it's how often he's on target from that distance that impresses.

Times you think there's nothing on or that he's being over-optimistic and the next thing he's put the ball in the net.

Certainly did. He was well cheesed off with a left-footed 25-yarder which crazed the crossbar - and which would have been some goal had it gone in.

But that's what he does. Edge of the box and his eyes are always scanning the target. He never shirks responsibility in attack but it's how often he's on target from that distance that impresses.

Times you think there's nothing on or that he's being over-optimistic and the next thing he's put the ball in the net.

I really think Gradel will have a fair crack at the first team next year.

On Tuesday, Allen seemed enthusiastic about the youth teamers and made it clear that they have earned the right for a chance.

So,to the guys who have been to the training,does there seem to be a different atmosphere from the previous regime(IF you used to go to see training then too).

I've been informed that MA has instilled alot of discipline and toughened up the mentality of the players,as well as adding his own touches to the training ground etc....

How does it seem to outsiders?

So,to the guys who have been to the training,does there seem to be a different atmosphere from the previous regime(IF you used to go to see training then too).

I've been informed that MA has instilled alot of discipline and toughened up the mentality of the players,as well as adding his own touches to the training ground etc....

How does it seem to outsiders?

Allen has no problem with fans been down at the training ground. We were made to feel very welcome by him. Afterwards he came over and introuduced himself and answered questions about Clemence, wages and the set up of the club.

He certainly is more vocal than Kelly. When they were playing some passing games, Allen shouted out,"Entertain Me" and made the players impress him.

The attitude around the training ground seems a lot more up beat now, plus the players seem to enjoy the training a lot more.

Allen has no problem with fans been down at the training ground. We were made to feel very welcome by him. Afterwards he came over and introuduced himself and answered questions about Clemence, wages and the set up of the club.

He certainly is more vocal than Kelly. When they were playing some passing games, Allen shouted out,"Entertain Me" and made the players impress him.

The attitude around the training ground seems a lot more up beat now, plus the players seem to enjoy the training a lot more.

Good report ched....reckon there's a job for you in journalism!!! :thumbup:

Reckon there's a job for me? Not in journalism, I mean anywhere. :unsure:

:laugh:

Im sure some village is missing their idiot!!!! :thumbup:

Only joking pal!!! :thumbup:

Age/qualifications???

:laugh:

Im sure some village is missing their idiot!!!! :thumbup:

Only joking pal!!! :thumbup:

Age/qualifications???

:unsure:

Journaslism is something I'd like to look into doing, but I hear it's very hard to get into now. The popularity has increased dramatically.

:unsure:

Journaslism is something I'd like to look into doing, but I hear it's very hard to get into now. The popularity has increased dramatically.

Not ALL journo's are slimy!!!

Ask Mercury if they still do apprenticeship in them...used to ages ago!!! :whistle:

Otherwise off to Uni you go!!! :blink:

Age/qualifications???
16 years old. ...
:unsure: ...Journaslism is something I'd like to look into doing, but I hear it's very hard to get into now. The popularity has increased dramatically.
Coalville Times is advertising for amateur journos, shame you don't live near Coalville.

I wouldn't agree with that. When I went down I didn't hear Allen shout a thing all session and it lasted for about two hours. Kelly was vocal on the training pitches but his language was more instructive and I'd even say too nagative at times. Of course he praised good aspects of training but would spend a long time going over faults. I get the feeling that after a while it would've begun to go over players' heads. An enthusiastic, encouraging sentence in the ears of a few players can sometimes do more good then a verbal group bashing. So I wouldn't say Allen's more vocal just more engaging when he speaks. He says it like he means it and it makes others believe that what he's saying is right.

Archived