Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Best. Live. Band. EVER.

fooking. GUITAR. WOLF.

Oh yes. Oh yes. Oh yes. Oh yes. Oh yes. I've seen Guitar Wolf live. If this means nothing to you, you have no soul. Go out and find / download / buy their music now. Jet Generation is the best song EVER.

Kraftwork at the poly about 93. Was a warm up gig for U2's Sellafield concert that never took of.

Didn't really fancy it at the time and was a toss up between staying in the pub or going to the concert. So glad I went.

slight thread hijack, but...

Sonic Youth at the brixton academy, early 90s - unsurpassed.

Saw them at Leicester Poly on the Dreamtime Nation tour. Fantastic

But the best live band for me has to be New Model Army. Brilliant crowd, passionate music and they never failed to perform from gig to gig.

Queen were THE best live band ever!

Copied by many since, and failed.

Freddie Mercury was an outstanding frontman.

They were the best and none of you can tell me otherwise.

*cue abuse*

Queen were THE best live band ever!

Copied by many since, and failed.

Freddie Mercury was an outstanding frontman.

They were the best and none of you can tell me otherwise.

*cue abuse*

unless of course one finds Queen a bit , um, annoying, in which case i imagine it would have come across as aload of camp histrionics, mind you i'm sure even then it would be, at least, pretty entertaining: and at the time, i guess there was nothing similar and they were a breath of fresh air. Too be honest, the missus' dad goes to see 'we will rock you' every time he's in london, which, i suspect, is nothing like a queen gig, but....

i suppose it depends on how you define 'best live band' - i mean i put sonic youth, though they hardly said a word, but i have never, ever experienced the creation of that kind of sound, before or since - but for pure fun, they were not a patch on many bands live.

my old band were great live - listen to the 3rd track on my myspcace page (below) - not live, but you can imagine, and that's from 1996!!!

unless of course one finds Queen a bit , um, annoying, in which case i imagine it would have come across as aload of camp histrionics, mind you i'm sure even then it would be, at least, pretty entertaining: and at the time, i guess there was nothing similar and they were a breath of fresh air. Too be honest, the missus' dad goes to see 'we will rock you' every time he's in london, which, i suspect, is nothing like a queen gig, but....

i suppose it depends on how you define 'best live band' - i mean i put sonic youth, though they hardly said a word, but i have never, ever experienced the creation of that kind of sound, before or since - but for pure fun, they were not a patch on many bands live.

my old band were great live - listen to the 3rd track on my myspcace page (below) - not live, but you can imagine, and that's from 1996!!!

Queen and annoying cannot possibly go in the same sentence!

Camp histrionics? Are you insane? Just because FM was gay, how the hell do you arrive at that conclusion??

A breath of fresh air - have you EVER listened to Queen??

I'm sure they went to Norway.

Once.

Queen and annoying cannot possibly go in the same sentence!

Camp histrionics? Are you insane? Just because FM was gay, how the hell do you arrive at that conclusion??

A breath of fresh air - have you EVER listened to Queen??

I'm sure they went to Norway.

Once.

Not in the last year :whistle:

I'd say its a toss up between any of the 3 times i've seen Little Man Tate or any 3 of the 4 times i've seen Larrikin Love (thier support for The Kooks wasn't as good cos the crowd hadn't heard of them)

These 2 purely on the basis of fan power as each time i've seen them live the crowd were loving it all singing and dancing along and the atmosphere for each was immense.

The same can be said for The View at the Charlotte

I'd say its a toss up between any of the 3 times i've seen Little Man Tate or any 3 of the 4 times i've seen Larrikin Love (thier support for The Kooks wasn't as good cos the crowd hadn't heard of them)

These 2 purely on the basis of fan power as each time i've seen them live the crowd were loving it all singing and dancing along and the atmosphere for each was immense.

The same can be said for The View at the Charlotte

with all due respect - any band playing at the charlotte, by default, simply cannot be the best live band ever - but it's good to see some bands can still get a crowd going!

Saw the UK Subs at the Charlotte last Friday...they were brill.

Bugger - I was certainly looking forward to seeing the Subs again - but this broken ankle cráp put a stop to that :(

As for best live band - I've said it before and I'll say it again - Bad Brains

Tell me a Guitar Wolf album to get Finners, I trust you.

Jet Generation. fooking blinding. Pure fooking noise (in the best and most rock and roll way imaginable), not bad for £6 either.

If you ever catch a wiff of them playing live, travel the length of the country to see it. Unique experience.

The title song on youtube. Pure. Focking. Sex. Insane in a way that only the Japanese seem to be able to pull off.

Jet Generation. fooking blinding. Pure fooking noise (in the best and most rock and roll way imaginable), not bad for £6 either.

If you ever catch a wiff of them playing live, travel the length of the country to see it. Unique experience.

The title song on youtube. Pure. Focking. Sex. Insane in a way that only the Japanese seem to be able to pull off.

I'm on it.

I would've killed someone to go see Pink Floyd when they were touring with "The Wall"... I'd be quite surprised if any band comes close to rivalling such stage performances.

I saw Jean-Michel Jarre once as well...visually one of the most stunning moments I've ever experienced...

best band I saw was a group called Girls against Boys NY Hardocre band made of ex Dischord band members they had 2 bass players for an awesome live sound!!

my favourite concert was some ballroom place in Nottingham that they don't use anymore and they basically played in pitch black with no lights and it was bloody brilliant!!

Speakin' as a Welshman..., the Manics are toss, tbh. Can't stand 'em. Forced to sit through their show a few times at the Arms before home games. Terrible, terrible dross. So dull.

have to agree - i saw them in cardiff for radio 1s big day out thing - they were dreadful, weren't even as good as mark radcliffe's shirehorse-joke-band, and i think i could have played most of the drum parts - very poor.

an even worse, the crowd just chanted 'wales, wales, wales' all the way through - so embarrassing :unsure:

Archived