Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Candidcamera

Have we signed anyone to play left back ?

kaebi looks to be an attacking right back and Mattock the same at left back - perhaps we might play 3 central defenders and let them go forward ?

Interesting idea, especially with us having an abundance of CB's at the moment. Doubt it'll happen, though.

Interesting idea, especially with us having an abundance of CB's at the moment. Doubt it'll happen, though.

Are you sure ? Was only three last time i checked. Kisnorbo, N'Gotty and McAuley. Kenton is transfer listed so obviously doesnt feature in his plans and Stearman has never played a senior game at CB. 3-5-2 would be good but i think he would have brought in at least one more CB if he was going to play that system

kaebi looks to be an attacking right back and Mattock the same at left back - perhaps we might play 3 central defenders and let them go forward ?

Kaebi definately needs to be played in an attacking role. Looking at the videos of him, we really need to use him as an outlet.

I cant remember where I read this but Im sure Hellings is a leftback/left midfielder. Either way Chambers can play there and N`Gotty has filled that position before on occasion. We also havent sold Maybury yet and there is no guarantee that all these transfer listed players will neccasarily go. Who knows if the likes of Maybury impresses in training?!

There's no point buying Chambers just to play him at left back. Still think we should have retained Skills.

Im not sure that we didnt try. I think he was set on a move back home.

Please let's not start the season with some 'who can play left back' even Nils wasn't a true left back - 3 years without a decent one is enough for any set of fans to endure.

For pity sake Allen if you're not going to use Sheehan buy one so we don't have to rely solely on Mattock and someone who can play there!!!!

Please let's not start the season with some 'who can play left back' even Nils wasn't a true left back - 3 years without a decent one is enough for any set of fans to endure.

For pity sake Allen if you're not going to use Sheehan buy one so we don't have to rely solely on Mattock and someone who can play there!!!!

I get the feeling Sheehan may get a chance there this season. Early days but if he avoids injury then I think he could do a job.

I get the feeling Sheehan may get a chance there this season. Early days but if he avoids injury then I think he could do a job.

I'd just love it if Martin Allen's motivational magic lifts Sheehan to his full potential. And if I were the lad I wouldn't dream of going to Lincoln until I'd finally been ruled out of the first team, either temporarily or otherwise.

Sheehan is a quality attacking left-back. But it's not just the manager he needs to get behind him, it's the fans too.

Beaglehole didn't make him reserves skipper for nothing and it was clear that he was a popular member of that team. And you don't generally get popular with team-mates if you're no good.

Whatever happens, whether we bring in a new left-back or not, I would be disappointed if we resorted to the suggested 5-3-2 wing back formation. The only time I have ever seen a team use it was McClaren's England against Croatia, it made 3 of the ten best centre halves in the world look awful.

Yes, but, theres a difference between can play there, and being good there, please see Alan Maybury.

I believe the question was "Have we signed anyone to play left back" and not have we signed someone who is good at left back.

You're right, the only true left backs at the club are Sheehan who IMO is not good enough and Mattock who is too young to last a whole 46 game season.

How can you tell that though, he only played a few senior games, it'd be hard for anyone here to be able to judge properly.

How can you tell that though, he only played a few senior games, it'd be hard for anyone here to be able to judge properly.

That is partially the reason, quite a few managers now have looked over him prefferring other options and like I said in another thread, the only time I have seen him play was when he got sent off and played appallingly.

Archived