Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brendan

De Vries

Mark De Vries  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Does De Vries deserve a clean slate?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'll tell you after pre-season

Yep.

Give him a fair crack of the whip under Allen. Hes on his 8k a week, hes not going to feck off anytime soon, no-ones gonna buyhim, so it would be more productive to just say, right start again.

Fairs fair.

Also sh!te is sh!te. Im prepared to see how the new de vries does after his loan. (Where he scored no goals)

It may sound harsh but i vote no. Maybe if we were still the same club as last season we might give him another go. But we're not...this is Milan's New Leicester...we're better than that now!

Im sure Allen isn't Stupid and a good judge of players and if he says that by gettin De Vries into Shape he could prove to be a useful asset, maybe not as a starter but a different option should we need him. I agree he hasnt been great but his goal scoring record for us in comparison to the team we had wasnt bad, perhaps now with a more creative team we may see a more creative De Vries thats if he works and plays for the shirt! - Only time will tell

Why? :dunno:

you really believe he is a promotion chasing team for the championship sort of striker?

i seen him have one good game and to be fair he was pretty immense that night and it was against tottenham

maybe against blackpool (?) aswell in the cup where he scored that lob

i just think elvis has more to offer than deep freeze

Definatly not. He had enough time to proove himself and i cant see him improving alot since then.

Hes not the striker thats going to get us out of this division.

exactly the point i tried to make but i think i failed :D

also with him being the wrong side of 30 his perfomences are more likely to decline rather than get better :dunno:

It may sound harsh but i vote no. Maybe if we were still the same club as last season we might give him another go. But we're not...this is Milan's New Leicester...we're better than that now!

hope so but i'm not that convinced yet ; these wholesale changes never seem to work and the quality of imports does not really inspire me ; but as a back up i'd think MDV would be okay if he continues in the way he seems to be doing

Recently a lot has changed at this club. New owner, new manager and a virtually whole new team coming in. De Vries deserves another chance. He realises he's not going to be an immediate backup, let alone first choice, and he's done something about it.

I hope he does well and takes the chance he's got.

Fair play on getting yourself fit Mark and if you do manage to some how A) manage to get in the team and B) score goals then I will admit I'm wrong.

But I don't think he's good enough and now he's getting on a bit :dunno: don't see him contributing.

Sadly for me he's never shown any great form. Holds the ball up well but for a big man he lacks pace, jumping ability (Hume is better despite being tiny) and also is poor in and around the box.

I hope he proves me wrong but he's not on the transfer list for no good reason.

Also sh!te is sh!te. Im prepared to see how the new de vries does after his loan. (Where he scored no goals)

Shite is shite i agree, but we have to make use of the 8k a week that he is getting.

I would rather see him at Leicester fighting for his place than go to some shit Dutch team, where we are paying probably 90% of his fecking wages anyway!

But

I dont think theres an option.

We will be keeping him.

No-one will want him.

So what im saying is we might aswel try and get some sort of value for money.

I never thought he looked fit, EVER when he was here before, but now apparently hes slimmed down, looks leaner, so give him a chance.

I was shouting in the de Vries out bandwagon, but hes shown effort in the summer, and maybe, just maybe, we can get something out of him.

What has changed since March when everybody hated him?

Maybe people think the fact he has lost a lot of weight ? Shown a desire to play the club ?

But, so far, I've only seen a bit of him. Nothing to suggest that he will be in the first team though.

Maybe people think the fact he has lost a lot of weight ? Shown a desire to play the club ?

But, so far, I've only seen a bit of him. Nothing to suggest that he will be in the first team though.

GET RID OF DEEP FREEZE AND HAMMOND! SURELY WE CAN PAY THEM OFF, MUTUAL CONSENT IS IT? GETS THEM AND THE OTHER TRANSFER LISTED PLAYERS AWAY FROM THE CLUB.

THERE IS A FEW GOOD YOUNG STRIKERS AT CLUB BACKING UP THE MAIN FOUR OF FRYATT,HUME,CORT AND DJ?.

Archived