Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Jailow on trial at Barnsley

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ley/6902524.stm

Barnsley have taken teenage Leicester striker Alieu Jailow on trial - and he will join the Tykes on their pre-season trip to Portugal this week.

The 19-year-old has come up through Leicester's youth ranks, and has been offered a professional contract by them - but has not yet signed it.

I was just trying to find an appropriate home for this story! Anyone know anything about him (I'm looking at you Thracian!)?

I was just trying to find an appropriate home for this story! Anyone know anything about him (I'm looking at you Thracian!)?

You should take note, he hasn't been mentioned in every post by Thraican that is over 4 lines so obviously he isn't that good.

Thracians reply will probabley list all the things he does mildly well and put these down as his good points, Thracian will will then go on to say that he probabley isn't quite good enough to play for us on a regular basis.

What this means in Thracian is, he's shit.

Sorry but there's not been a lot to see of him. He's had injuries and was a fringe player for the Academy making three appearances as a substitute in the Under 18 League and scoring once. People have said he's got ability but it's all hearsay to me. JonBlueFox might have seen him ocasionally.

Sorry but there's not been a lot to see of him. He's had injuries and was a fringe player for the Academy making three appearances as a substitute in the Under 18 League and scoring once. People have said he's got ability but it's all hearsay to me. JonBlueFox might have seen him ocasionally.

Does Jailow also work in a petrol station like Danny then? Hope Simon Davey doesn't mind him stinking of Diesel on the plane over to Lisbon, could be a deal collapser.

IMO, i think a loan deal would be appropriate for him.

Can't really let youngsters go even though we got a healthy squad size. :mellow:

did you actually read the first post or the link? :whistle:

he hasn't signed a contract and can go for free so you can't really loan someone who isn't yours!!

he hasn't signed a contract and can go for free so you can't really loan someone who isn't yours!!

If we've offered him a new deal we'll get a tribunal fee when he signs for someone else then.

I think we've let him go.

Which is what the orginal poster was getting at.

I wonder how their scouts got to see him if he hardly played. Unless they got him confused for someone else!!

I didn't realise he was already 19. If he was 18 I would've said keep him for another season and see how he does at youth team level but if he's already 19 and had the injury problems that he has then it's probably best for him to move on.

Oh right yeah, didn't think of that.

Archived