Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

The Captaincy

Now having witnessed three pre-season matches, my shout goes out to any of the following three for the captaincy, in preferrential order:

1. Clemence - Experienced player leads by example, was in constant communication with team mates and bench.

2. Kish- Old hand, always seemed to be communicating. (though MA kept shouting at him to pick up and track his man.) Also a bit of responsibility may keep him off the resting physio table when the season gets tiring.

3. Stearman- A bit young for the captaincy but very vocal both at quorn and Hinckley. Good lad.

Casual innuendos would be a good name for a punk band.

I have no idea why anyone would knock on anyone but then again im not the sexual deviant that you appear to be by wanting to knock on someone :P

Oh, I do like people who shamlessly change the whole point of a topic. :thumbup:

And I think The Sexual Deviants is a good name too.

Clemence would be the obvious option as captain. Didn't Allen say something like he hopes Clemence can have a good influence on the younger squad members? Kisnorbo probably deputy Captain because hes been here awhile & was captain when Paddy was out last year.

I like the sound of that Daggers.

Oo we could make a club.

*knock*

*knock knock*

*knock*

*knock knock knock* *knock*

Can I come in?

Or was that a secret plan just to get people like me thinking they could join your secret club and that isn't really the secret knock at all?

I tag along with these pair a lot. Where do I apply?

I'm shocked you only found one of these threads when you searched. :rolleyes:

What's the other way?

My personal favourite is the way where you walk into a public toilet, stamp twice, and cough thrice.

I once walked into a public toilet, coughed twice and stamped thrice. I'll never make that mistake again. Still walking like a penguin to this day.

I once walked into a public toilet, coughed twice and stamped thrice. I'll never make that mistake again. Still walking like a penguin to this day.

That's London Zoo public toilets for you

In all seriousness Clemence has been brought in especially for the camptains armband and that was shown last night when he was given it after Stears went off.

I think you're right. MA was like a kid with a new toy after signing Clemence. Sat there at Kilworth with a big grin on his face repeating that he still couldn't believe we'd got the bloke for £750,000.

Only found one thread on this, which was closed because it was too early. I think after tonight's friendly the time is right to start discussing it.

Stearman captained a side containing McAuley, N'Gotty, Kishishev and Hume tonight against Hinckley... an odd choice but perhaps it's the way to spur him on? Nonetheless, I think it is a bizarre choice.

I personally think Clemence is a shoe in to be captain but Stearman's choice has lead me to think that perhaps MA will be less predictable.

Anyone know who captained against the other two teams?

stearman ..no way .. i eould give it to clemence to be honest he plays in a good position to see everything round the pitch and was captain at birmingham at one stage so... :dunno:

Archived