Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simon

Former Fox Matt Piper retires

No link yet but just seen on SSN that Matty Piper has retired through injury. I think we all knew it was going to happen but its a crying shame that a player with such potential had to retire.

All the best Matty.

Peter Taylor is responsible for this.

What an exiting player Pipes was when emerging into the team. I can’t remember a player since that had the same kind of impact as Matty Piper did for us. I remember feeling absolutely gutted when we sold him, big shame really.

Its a sad day. Piper was an exciting player who could have been very good but at 25 has been forced to retire. May I wish him the best for the future.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...+calls+it+quits

Former Sunderland man Matt Piper has been forced to retire.

Piper had pitched up at Mansfield on trial, but he has been struggling with a knee injury

The former Leicester man has had a torrid time with injuries which blighted his progress over the last few years.

The 25-year-old has now taken the difficult decision to call time on his career.

"Matthew phoned me the other night and informed me that he was going to retire from football," Mansfield boss Billy Dearden told the club's official website.

"His knee has been giving him tremendous pain and you have to think about your health if you are feeling pain after most training sessions. On behalf of everyone at Mansfield I would like to wish Matthew all the best."

Its a sad day. Piper was an exciting player who could have been very good but at 25 has been forced to retire. May I wish him the best for the future.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...+calls+it+quits

Former Sunderland man Matt Piper has been forced to retire.

Piper had pitched up at Mansfield on trial, but he has been struggling with a knee injury

The former Leicester man has had a torrid time with injuries which blighted his progress over the last few years.

The 25-year-old has now taken the difficult decision to call time on his career.

"Matthew phoned me the other night and informed me that he was going to retire from football," Mansfield boss Billy Dearden told the club's official website.

"His knee has been giving him tremendous pain and you have to think about your health if you are feeling pain after most training sessions. On behalf of everyone at Mansfield I would like to wish Matthew all the best."

Good luck to the lad I sincerley wish him all the best for the future...such a pity!

Sadly you always knew it would end like this. It really was wishful thinking when people were saying he should try for a comeback at Leicester. Presumably, if it what he wants, he'll be able to find a new careeer in football. I would hope so anyway. But either way I hope his luck changes for the better..

No link yet but just seen on SSN that Matty Piper has retired through injury. I think we all knew it was going to happen but its a crying shame that a player with such potential had to retire.

All the best Matty.

Big shame enjoy retirement Matty

Piper - Retired

Hammond - Employed

There really is no justice in the world.

:worship::thumbup:

Archived