Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Lad

Team for Portsmouth

------------------Logan-----------------

------Kisnorbo-N'Gotty-Mcauley------

Kaebi--------------------------Mattock

----------------Kishishev---------------

-------Clemence-----Wesolowski------

------------Hume--Campbell-----------

Subs

Fryatt

Porter

Neilsen

Sheehan

Chambers

I know, I know, no experience with this formation etc etc but I like the look of it.

As many great saves as hendo makes, he makes a mistake to counter act it though.

I know Logan looks clumsy at times in what he does, but I reckon he does a good job, decent shot stopper, has a great kick on him (when used well). He does looka bit suspicious on crosses but that can be nerves as much as anything, as a keeper i's easier to not come for the ball if your nervous about making a mistake.

If he plays more games his confidence will start to grow and he'll develop into a better goalkeeper. I'd say confidence is more important for goalkeepers than any other position, theres a lot of pressure, if you make a mistake then it usually ends up in the oposition scoring.

That's why I would play Logan anyway.

Stil l I would rather get rid of 2 of the GK's and get a top quality keeper in like kiely.

I'm a keeper too mate, and so i also klnow that confidence is the key to being a good keeper. To be honset though i think hes too much of a liabilty. Solution? Send him out on loan to get some confidence. And i disagree about he counter acts his saves. He only made a few piss takes last year from what i can remember, and i can remember save, after save, after save, the 3-0 win vs cov coems to mind. Basically, were fooked anyway, we won't sign a new keeper, fact. Well not unless we loan logan out for the season. Personally i think we'll have to make do with henderson, which IMO isn't so bad.

Subs

Fryatt

Porter

Neilsen

Sheehan

Chambers

I know, I know, no experience with this formation etc etc but I like the look of it.

me too :thumbup: mind you, don't know how mattock would like to play wing back, Played a mens match last week and they were calling it W*nk back :D

I'm a keeper too mate, and so i also klnow that confidence is the key to being a good keeper. To be honset though i think hes too much of a liabilty. Solution? Send him out on loan to get some confidence. And i disagree about he counter acts his saves. He only made a few piss takes last year from what i can remember, and i can remember save, after save, after save, the 3-0 win vs cov coems to mind. Basically, were fooked anyway, we won't sign a new keeper, fact. Well not unless we loan logan out for the season. Personally i think we'll have to make do with henderson, which IMO isn't so bad.

If I'm honest, I wouldn't mind Hendo in, he wasn't that bad last year, I just gota stick up for ma home boy conrad lol

Apparently Nielsen is an awesome shot stopper though, we'll have 3 identical keepers with varying levels of shot stoppability.

If I'm honest, I wouldn't mind Hendo in, he wasn't that bad last year, I just gota stick up for ma home boy conrad lol

Apparently Nielsen is an awesome shot stopper though, we'll have 3 identical keepers with varying levels of shot stoppability.

New word. like it. Spread it :thumbup:

ooo, yet another shot stopper at the club. ahhhh what the fook just play 3 keepers at once, in the same goal, at the same time, that should solve the problem.

New word. like it. Spread it :thumbup:

ooo, yet another shot stopper at the club. ahhhh what the fook just play 3 keepers at once, in the same goal, at the same time, that should solve the problem.

lol

Whats walker or danny coyne upto these days?

They were, and probably still are, both better keepers than we have now.

lol

Whats walker or danny coyne upto these days?

They were, and probably still are, both better keepers than we have now.

Ian Walker is god. I'd still have him now! He looked great at that celebrity game earlier this year! and he was just pissing around! I think he's at Bolton at the moment, Being a cover for jaaskelinen ( or however you spell that ) walker

As for coyne, he's been injured for the last year and is still at Burnley, but like i said, hes been injured. Coyne Yeh he was alright himself too, great shot stoppability :thumbup:

Ian Walker is god. I'd still have him now! He looked great at that celebrity game earlier this year! and he was just pissing around! I think he's at Bolton at the moment, Being a cover for jaaskelinen ( or however you spell that ) walker

As for coyne, he's been injured for the last year and is still at Burnley, but like i said, hes been injured. Coyne Yeh he was alright himself too, great shot stoppability :thumbup:

Walker on a season long loan would be quality.

wooooooooo have that number 1, 2-1 wooooooo :P:thumbup:
Not counting the Under 14's keeper of course, he's a genius.
Is that supposed to be me? i play in U16?? and played, and may i also add, did well in, a mens match last week.
Nope, I think he's talking about an academy player :P

I'VE COMPLETELY LOST THE PLOT!!!!! :dunno:

ohhh so he is... i also lost the plot :P

And as for the 2-1.. I did a pole " henderson or logan " ages ago and i can't find it, but henderson cam out on top :D

All i found really was this. Logan piss up

Yeah....Logan is crap....or is it Hendo who is crap??? :unsure::dunno:

Subs

Fryatt

Porter

Neilsen

Sheehan

Chambers

I like the look of 3-5-2 as well but MA is never going to use it.

--------------------Nielsen--------------------

-Chambers--Stearman--N'Gotty--Mattock-

-Newton--Clemence-Wesolowski--Hayes--

------------Campbell-----Hume--------------

Half time subs:

Kisnorbo for Stearman

Kaabi for Newton

Kishishev for Wesolowski

Fryatt for Hume

Henderson for Nielsen

I am really worried about the left hand side though. A LM and LB in and I think that the squad would be complete..I think their more important than another striker.

Amen... exactly my team and my left sided worry.

I'm not sure what the left side has done wrong in matches so far but still, to the team.

Logan

Stearman, N'Gotty, NcAuley, Sheehan;

Clemence, Kishishev, Wesolowski

Porter,

Hume, Fryatt.

Subs: Henderson, Chambers, Mattock, Campbell, Odhiambo.

Explanations: Stearman would have been my first choice at centre-back but would have limited our height at set pieces so I've chosen McAuley whose passing, in a passing side is far better than Kisnorbo's.

Stearman gets the not over Chambers because he's the more dangerous attacker and I've played the system set out because high crosses from conventional wingers will have little purpose given our attackers.

Sheehan wins the left-back spot because he represents more chance creation and is one of the few players who can hit good and accurate through balls.

Our middle three are key. They should be a match for any Championship midfield and Porter is equipped to link the play all round and to add fire power because he's technically a good striker of the ball.

Fryatt gets the second striker shirt because he's scored more and looks like scoring more than other alternatives apart from Odhiambo.

I'm not sure what the left side has done wrong in matches so far but still, to the team.

Logan

Stearman, N'Gotty, NcAuley, Sheehan;

Clemence, Kishishev, Wesolowski

Porter,

Hume, Fryatt.

Subs: Henderson, Chambers, Mattock, Campbell, Odhiambo.

Explanations: Stearman would have been my first choice at centre-back but would have limited our height at set pieces so I've chosen McAuley whose passing, in a passing side is far better than Kisnorbo's.

Stearman gets the not over Chambers because he's the more dangerous attacker and I've played the system set out because high crosses from conventional wingers will have little purpose given our attackers.

Sheehan win the left-back spot because he represents more chance creation and is one of the few players who can hit good and accurate through balls.

Our middle three are key. They should be a match for any Championship midfield and Porter is equipped to link the play all round and to add fire power because he's technically a good striker of the ball.

Fryatt gets the second striker shirt because he's scored more and looks like scoring more than other alternatives apart from Odhiambo.

So because you don't like Kisnorbo's passing, you're not going to give him any part in this pre-season game (potentially his only one with new team mates)?

Right.

Steve Beaglehole would be ashamed of you Thracian. Ashamed.

So because you don't like Kisnorbo's passing, you're not going to give him any part in this pre-season game (potentially his only one with new team mates)?

Right.

Steve Beaglehole would be ashamed of you Thracian. Ashamed.

I wouldn't play Kisnorbo anyway. He's suspended for the first game of the season and would be involved in the training workouts necessary to let him get to know his team-mates. Same as Ka'ebi.

Archived