Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Gaffa Speaks!

It seems as if he is giving Dr Vries a really big push to be involved this season.

Didn't Mattock finish last season with a hip problem ? Hope that is nothing continuous.

i wunt think so as he was off playing for England in an U16s tournament

i wunt think so as he was off playing for England in an U16s tournament

Yeh, he definitely played in that tournament but I'm sure towards the end of the season he picked up an injury, I could well be wrong though.

I think some of the stick he got was unfair but he was hardly singled out or anything. His pace is a major problem though, at times last season players just breezed past him whether playing at CB or RB, Sheff Weds away a prime example.

I'd say he's quicker than Kisnorbo, McAuley or N'Gotty when fully fit. :dunno:

Just listened to his blackpool preview, one funny line he said something along the lines of...

"It's a case of not popping the champagne when you win and not popping the pills when you lose".

Just made me laugh :P

Sounds eerily like something Rob Kelly said last season, but with a little more colour. :ermm:

Not Heskey though. Theres a defender.

He'll prove it one day, I'm quite sure of that.

But as at now:

Kenton's not as quick

Not as good in the air

Not as dangerous in attacking set pieces

Not as powerful

Not a lots of things.

Kenton looks very unhappy against pace.

He comes as a straightforward defender, there's no extras.

He's not especially dominant in the air.

Good luck to the bloke but he's a shadow squad player at best.

But as at now:

Kenton's not as quick

Not as good in the air

Not as powerful

Not a lots of things.

These people are all mugs Thrac and I side with you on this issue. Heskey is easily a better defender than Kenton and your list above clearly gives the reason why. I also cant see why some fans wont sanction the £5m purchase of our favourite still playing son as a central defender. At £5m he`ll be affordable and converting him into a defender will be easy. I also think that Rio Ferdinand and John Terry will be shaking in their boots and maybe this is part of the reason why Jamie Carragher is close to retiring from International football? Maybe he had some inside info from his former team mate that he is about to embark in a career as a world class centre-half. Your all non believers and mugs for doubting the wisdom of this idea and signing. £5m well spent.

Now where the fook is that sarcasm emoticon!!??

These people are all mugs Thrac and I side with you on this issue. Heskey is easily a better defender than Kenton and your list above clearly gives the reason why. I also cant see why some fans wont sanction the £5m purchase of our favourite still playing son as a central defender. At £5m he`ll be affordable and converting him into a defender will be easy. I also think that Rio Ferdinand and John Terry will be shaking in their boots and maybe this is part of the reason why Jamie Carragher is close to retiring from International football? Maybe he had some inside info from his former team mate that he is about to embark in a career as a world class centre-half. Your all non believers and mugs for doubting the wisdom of this idea and signing. £5m well spent.

lol

Heskey is probably quicker, stronger and better in the air than someone like Carragher but that doesn't make him a better defender :rolleyes:

Thanks for your vote of confidence but I'll stick with my opinion, thanks.

Exactly where the connection between Carragher and Kenton is I don't know.

Your a football fan thrach, surely you know they are both defenders? :P

Heskey might be more physical, but he'd probably lacks in udnerstanding of the position, ie, knowing where to be, when to go in for a tackle, when to step back from the attacker etc...

But Heskey could make a decent defender, would rather have him upfront myself, but each to their own.

But as at now:

Kenton's not as quick

Not as good in the air

Not as powerful

Not a lots of things.

Good point

Bus as at now

Heskey isn't a centre half

ouh shit there goes the theory.

My point is that those attributes you pointed out don't make someone a good defender

Heskey has done defensive work throughout his career - particularly at set pieces - and he's outstanding. He has all the attributes of a quality centre-back with one vital extra that is forever missing, particularly in our club and which few seem bothered about ... pace.

Heskey can head the ball against anyone, pass the ball at any level, is never out-muscled, reads the game and is fast enough to track the best.

All vital attributes for a centre-back.

Heskey has done defensive work throughout his career - particularly at set pieces - and he's outstanding. He has all the attributes of a quality centre-back with one vital extra that is forever missing, particularly in our club and which few seem bothered about ... pace.

Heskey can head the ball against anyone, pass the ball at any level, is never out-muscled, reads the game and is fast enough to track the best.

Yes. He has done DEFENSIVE WORK. In addition to a structure of 4 or 5 other, regular, organised defenders in a regimented unit.

You are suggesting he becomes part of that structure, which is a completely different kettle of fish.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived