Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Good week for the Manager

All this talk of a 3 year plan is just bullsh1t, you wouldn't sign Clemence, N'Gotty, Kisishev with an eye to 3 years later. As I've said many times before, the longer we are in this league the harder it will be to leave it.

Why people think that a reasonable season this year and a goodish season after that will guarantee promotion after that I can't understand.

No he hasn't, it took Little 3 top 6 finishes before we went up and MM would kill for that just now. He may dish out soundbytes like that but that is for the fans to pin their hopes on.

The 3 year plan is very much a 3 year plan.

Why would he want to invest so much money over three years when aggressive spending for a year would yield him so much return from Prem money? Remember takeovers of championship clubs are on the increase, and how can MM wait till they get stronger. He won't want to wait. I may be wrong, but successful businessmen are rarely so because of planning, but rather by being opportunistic and there's a good chance we might make it.

All this talk of a 3 year plan is just bullsh1t, you wouldn't sign Clemence, N'Gotty, Kisishev with an eye to 3 years later. As I've said many times before, the longer we are in this league the harder it will be to leave it.

Why people think that a reasonable season this year and a goodish season after that will guarantee promotion after that I can't understand.

What other option is there?

Promotion this year? How's that going be achieved?

Why would he want to invest so much money over three years when aggressive spending for a year would yield him so much return from Prem money? Remember takeovers of championship clubs are on the increase, and how can MM wait till they get stronger. He won't want to wait. I may be wrong, but successful businessmen are rarely so because of planning, but rather by being opportunistic and there's a good chance we might make it.

Spending? Where's the money going to come from? Where are the players that would guarantee promotion going to come from?

MM has already moved the goalposts of his 3-year-plan by virtually demanding a top six finish and, psychologically, in doing that, he's put the manager and players under added pressure.

Nonsense. What kind of uproar would there have been if he'd said we were aiming for 12th?

And, as the boss, it's his job to put pressure on the players and the management team.

You really have to come to terms with the fact that what he says in public is not what targets have been agreed in private.

I am saying the "courting" of Fowler and JFH gave an insight into Milan's mind and the sort of high profile, former star he would like to have here.

The courting of Fowler was done in the media as a fop to the fans. That was obvious, it gave no insight into his mind whatsoever.

For some reason, we've never really done good with supposedly quality, high-profile signings. Could be a Leicester thing, but we had most success with players that couldn't find their line at other clubs and suddenly, here they blossomed.

We're in a signing frenzy and if it continues at this rate (bringing in new ones every week), then the season's fooked. You cannot establish tactics or a profound playing style with new faces (mostly coming in, rather than leaving). This is like wasting money on poor material on purpose, knowing one could do better. At the moment, I believe we're being fooked with big style and this "the team needs to gel" talk is bollocks.

The Hasselbaink Hype sums it up for me.

Nonsense. What kind of uproar would there have been if he'd said we were aiming for 12th?

And, as the boss, it's his job to put pressure on the players and the management team.

You really have to come to terms with the fact that what he says in public is not what targets have been agreed in private.

The courting of Fowler was done in the media as a fop to the fans. That was obvious, it gave no insight into his mind whatsoever.

I think we should just agree to totally disagree on this.

MM has already moved the goalposts of his 3-year-plan by virtually demanding a top six finish and, psychologically, in doing that, he's put the manager and players under added pressure.

But while I might think that nieve and counter-productive, he might be far more subtle than we know.

And, whatever the case, I feel sure that Mandaric will have little faith in cautious football of any kind in a three-points-for-a-win system.

Just things he says about his vision for the club and his quite evident efforts to get genuine former stars, Fowler and JFH to the club, emphasises beyond doubt what sort of football he wants.

The sort he oversaw at Portsmouth. Fearless adventure from the off. Football with goals.

And I rather fear that if MA doesn't recognise and accept that, then he'll be a very vulnerable man indeed if results are poor. Or even moderate.

MA is a proud and apparently self-confident man. But he won't win against Mandaric. He'll need to understand and embrace MM's dream to succeed here. Row in the same direction.

Cos what we might think of as acceptable progress won't matter one bit to the chairman.

If you think that a businessman like Mandaric gives two to$$es about the quality of football we play, you are delusional. MM is not a Leicester man but of course can become a Leicester fan because he is putting his money in a business venture that he hopes will make him millions. He isn't Steve Gibson at Middlesbro or the Halls or whatever his name was at Newcastle who will do all he can for success here even if it costs him from his personal fortune. He is here for a purpose and has found one of the best supported clubs outside of the premiership to attempt this with.

Dont get me wrong, Im a fan of MM personally as he has got us out of the shite so I am very greatful to him for what he has done so far but all this public talk of big names and being linked to old timers who are big names is just the spiel that is aimed at selling season tickets and getting us on side. He hasn't stopped talking about doing this and that for the fans which is great and if that means punting out the manager quickly if results aren't favourable, he`ll do it with no remorse.

Forget fancy football, he wants promotion!

If you think that a businessman like Mandaric gives two to$$es about the quality of football we play, you are delusional. MM is not a Leicester man but of course can become a Leicester fan because he is putting his money in a business venture that he hopes will make him millions. He isn't Steve Gibson at Middlesbro or the Halls or whatever his name was at Newcastle who will do all he can for success here even if it costs him from his personal fortune. He is here for a purpose and has found one of the best supported clubs outside of the premiership to attempt this with.

Dont get me wrong, Im a fan of MM personally as he has got us out of the shite so I am very greatful to him for what he has done so far but all this public talk of big names and being linked to old timers who are big names is just the spiel that is aimed at selling season tickets and getting us on side. He hasn't stopped talking about doing this and that for the fans which is great and if that means punting out the manager quickly if results aren't favourable, he`ll do it with no remorse.

I'm not delusional at all. And of course it's about money. MM wants those seats filled, he wants the club to become high profile and one way of doing that is to have once celebrated names hopefully scoring lots of goals. Such people stir the fans, alert the press, lift the profile and once that happens the sponsors start queuing, the club gets taken seriously, other "names" fancy signing and the whole damn roller coaster starts gathering pace.

thats exactly what i think!

But for us LCFC fans whats good for the goose .............

I'm not delusional at all. And of course it's about money. MM wants those seats filled, he wants the club to become high profile and one way of doing that is to have once celebrated names hopefully scoring lots of goals. Such people stir the fans, alert the press, lift the profile and once that happens the sponsors start queuing, the club gets taken seriously, other "names" fancy signing and the whole damn roller coaster starts gathering pace.

MA is standing his ground. He doesn't want to bring in big names if they aren't going to put a shift in for the club and thats arguably why someone like Lee Hendrie didnt get offered a deal from us. Paying silly wages for someone to sit his fat ar$e on the subs bench or on the injury table is pointless unless that player has plenty to offer. One of the biggest profile players we signed first in Carl Cort is trying his best to do a Rab Douglas, another high profile signing which is earning and not doing too much for it.

BTW you are delusional as you want Heskey at centre-back, Levi in central midfield and Beaglehole as manager lol

MA is standing his ground. He doesn't want to bring in big names if they aren't going to put a shift in for the club and thats arguably why someone like Lee Hendrie didnt get offered a deal from us. Paying silly wages for someone to sit his fat ar$e on the subs bench or on the injury table is pointless unless that player has plenty to offer. One of the biggest profile players we signed first in Carl Cort is trying his best to do a Rab Douglas, another high profile signing which is earning and not doing too much for it.

BTW you are delusional as you want Heskey at centre-back, Levi in central midfield and Beaglehole as manager lol

For the second time tonight I don't think MA was wrong not to sign old timers he didn't have faith in. I said that MM wanted such players and that MA might be wise to take notice of that view if he wants to have any slack when things go wrong.

Heskey WOULD be a quality centre-back, Porter IS a central or utility midfielder rather than a winger and I fancied Beaglehole as an assistant rather than necessarily as manager.

On paper I might have wondered whether Porter was good enough for our centre-midfield considering the signing of Clemence and the form of Wesolowski. But we sure need some creativity and I've not yet been impressed by Clemence at all. Even Kishishev has disappointed although he looks as if he should be good.

So while I might have suggested Porter as a substitute central midfielder a month or so ago I'm not sure he couldn't do a better job than we're getting at present alongside Wesolowski and probably Kishishev.

Just out of curiousity have you ever seen Porter play central midfield?. Many thought our other small guy, Weso, might struggle to command his place with the new signings but he's been top man even though he's been shuffled into unfamiliar positions.

If Porter has the same determination there's theoretically no reason he shouldn't do as well. He young, he's at peak fitness and I've seen nothing yet from Clemence that Porter can't do. Quite the contrary to be honest and that disappoints me considering Clemence's reputation.

But we all know Clemence is a big signing who's come for "regular football". So I fully expect Porter to go out on loan sometime soon.

For the second time tonight I don't think MA was wrong not to sign old timers he didn't have faith in. I said that MM wanted such players and that MA might be wise to take notice of that view if he wants to have any slack when things go wrong.

Heskey WOULD be a quality centre-back, Porter IS a central or utility midfielder rather than a winger and I fancied Beaglehole as an assistant rather than necessarily as manager.

On paper I might have wondered whether Porter was good enough for our centre-midfield considering the signing of Clemence and the form of Wesolowski. But we sure need some creativity and I've not yet been impressed by Clemence at all. Even Kishishev has disappointed although he looks as if he should be good.

So while I might have suggested Porter as a substitute central midfielder a month or so ago I'm not sure he couldn't do a better job than we're getting at present alongside Wesolowski and probably Kishishev.

Just out of curiousity have you ever seen Porter play central midfield?. Many thought our other small guy, Weso, might struggle to command his place with the new signings but he's been top man even though he's been shuffled into unfamiliar positions.

If Porter has the same determination there's theoretically no reason he shouldn't do as well. He young, he's at peak fitness and I've seen nothing yet from Clemence that Porter can't do. Quite the contrary to be honest and that disappoints me considering Clemence's reputation.

But we all know Clemence is a big signing who's come for "regular football". So I fully expect Porter to go out on loan sometime soon.

:D:cry::D

Archived