Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Good week for the Manager

I'm still excited about this season because I still reckon we'll make the top half, we'll score more goals than last season and win more games at home. At the end of it we may well have made the play-offs (with luck) but most importantly we'll have an improved squad to build on next summer.

Pre-bleeding-cisely.

We'll see ;)

Anyone who remembers the Hull and Burnley home games at the start of last season will tell you that playing well doesn't mean you take home the points-you have to at least get the ball in the onion bag for that to happen.

Yet when we get the ball in the back of the net and win though we played average isnt good enough ? :unsure:

If you're happy to make a judgment on something like that after one league game, fair enough. Personally I'm not and I don't think Mablo is either.

i'm really not making any negative judgements just yet ( even if it does sound like it) ; i really want MA and MM to suceed( just as much as you no doubt) ; but i am a little concerned at the volume of signings that ( at the moment at least ) look unlikely to play much of a role ; or not looking to be significanly better quality than those being replaced

and maybe thats all it is ; just a little unease at the need for such a huge influx of players, that it seems to smack of desperation and its giving (to me at least ) some feelings of lack of confidence in his judgement ;( again , hope i'm wrong)

sure; time will tell and i really hope that they can blend well but there sure is a certain amount of over egging the pudding going on at the mo

anyway ; each to their own opinions and i like you no doubt , will support them come what may :thumbup:

We'll see ;)

Anyone who remembers the Hull and Burnley home games at the start of last season will tell you that playing well doesn't mean you take home the points-you have to at least get the ball in the onion bag for that to happen.

People were rating those games among the worst they'd seen last season though.

If Blackpool is the worst game I go to this season I'll be ecstatic.

Because they built up unrealistic expectations for the season based on blind faith and extreme idiocy.

All of a sudden we fail to win the first two games by seven goal margins and we are not the world-beaters that the idiots thought we would be.

I'm still excited about this season because I still reckon we'll make the top half, we'll score more goals than last season and win more games at home. At the end of it we may well have made the play-offs (with luck) but most importantly we'll have an improved squad to build on next summer.

Part of me hankers for last season where FT's LCF was at least a decent place to read posts. Now we just have cretin upon cretin pouring forth with some dumbass opinion. Most people passing judgement on Allen have not seen enough games or grown enough pubes to have earned an opinion in the first place.

I feel sorry for Mods & Admin that have to wade through all of this virtual excrement, I really do.

I'll take that as a compliment then :D:unsure:

............the not grown enough pubes bit I mean!

I'm not as optimistic as I was last week (not all based on Saturdays performance) but I still think we'll be in and around the playoffs-maybe just missing out in the end though!

Got to agree with Daggers.

We must remember that we are supporters of LCFC and not Man U. No miracle will happen overnight. People wanted MON out when he first came. Give it time and have some patience people. As long as we are not relegation fodder then I will be happy.

The whining is getting on my tits now.

I AM THE LORD OF THE DANCE SAID HE,

AND I'LL LEAD YOU ALL WHOEVER YOU MAY BE,

AND I'LL LEAD YOU ALL IN THE DANCE SAID HE!!

We can do a cannon here (to go with my cat-a-pult)

Finners - start the round!

Then you 'koko.

Then me...

I'll get Fablo and Mez-Dingo to pull off (oo-err) the final rounds.

Bam.

+14! I think you should get off his back, seeing as 0 is a average manager a +14 manager must be excellent. Or is it just quite good. Sorry seeing as the scoreing system isn't relevant to anything im struggling.

You don't have to struggle. The close season will always be ikely give an incoming manager a decent start with new players (always presumed to be better) coming in and the surplus going out.

MA reached +18 at one stage but since the real test of competitive football has started he's slipped a bit.

But +14 represents quite good so far and is probably a fair reflection of the improvement in our eam play shown against Blackpool (despite the result) and, the somewhat fortunate progress made in the Cup and the acquisition of people like N'Gotty, Kisheshev, Chambers, Ka'ebi, Hayes, even possibly Campbell & Clemence who together might yet do us some good.

It also reflects his getting a bit more out of Wesolowski, Stearman, Sheehan, Odhiambo, Fryatt. So there are positives and they have given him a platform.

But as you know there have been mistakes, and rather too many for my liking.

I remain optimistic but do have concerns - mostly about the quality we've bought for the money invested, the departure of players who were better than the apparent alternatives and the disharmony within the club as reflected by various events.

Crainey and Rachubka in team of the week after playing against weak Leicester. No Leicester player in top 100 players of Championship. Crises!
Crainey and Rachubka in team of the week after playing against weak Leicester. No Leicester player in top 100 players of Championship. Crises!

:laugh:

Got respect MA for sticking up to MM a man who pays his wages and has a tendancy to be impatient weilding a sharp knife I think MA is the ballsy manager we need and the result will come and i hope that those people who are judging him after one game eat humble pie.

:thumbup:

as far as i am concerned you are more than welcome to post here more often!

You don't have to struggle. The close season will always be ikely give an incoming manager a decent start with new players (always presumed to be better) coming in and the surplus going out.

MA reached +18 at one stage but since the real test of competitive football has started he's slipped a bit.

But +14 represents quite good so far and is probably a fair reflection of the improvement in our eam play shown against Blackpool (despite the result) and, the somewhat fortunate progress made in the Cup and the acquisition of people like N'Gotty, Kisheshev, Chambers, Ka'ebi, Hayes, even possibly Campbell & Clemence who together might yet do us some good.

It also reflects his getting a bit more out of Wesolowski, Stearman, Sheehan, Odhiambo, Fryatt. So there are positives and they have given him a platform.

But as you know there have been mistakes, and rather too many for my liking.

I remain optimistic but do have concerns - mostly about the quality we've bought for the money invested, the departure of players who were better than the apparent alternatives and the disharmony within the club as reflected by various events.

I wonder what 'Thracian Score' MM has earmarked for giving MA the bullet?

:rolleyes:

I wonder what 'Thracian Score' MM has earmarked for giving MA the bullet?

:rolleyes:

Fascinating thought. I'm still bullish about MA but his tactics/team selections bother me.

I accepted that things might go wrong but couldn't imagine he wouldn't attack games from the off and keep trying to press.

This isn't the Second Division. We really will have to score twice every game to get anywhere.

MA declares that he stuidies videos so the evidence from Leicester's recent past should be conclusive. Our defence concedes at least a goal a game which means we have to score twice.

If he sets out to do that or better he shouldn't have a problem. If he chooses to hold his attack back for an hour or so or to score then hold on, as at Accrington, he'll find it costing us vital points because we don't keep enough clean sheets.

MA said that his main managerial influence was George Graham and that worries me because we haven't got the defenders Arsenal had at the time of George Graham and we're unlikely to find them in the Championship.

Because they built up unrealistic expectations for the season based on blind faith and extreme idiocy.

All of a sudden we fail to win the first two games by seven goal margins and we are not the world-beaters that the idiots thought we would be.

Part of me hankers for last season where FT's LCF was at least a decent place to read posts. Now we just have cretin upon cretin pouring forth with some dumbass opinion. Most people passing judgement on Allen have not seen enough games or grown enough pubes to have earned an opinion in the first place.

I feel sorry for Mods & Admin that have to wade through all of this virtual excrement, I really do.

:worship:

Well done to Martin Allen for standing up to Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and his reps. Now JFH is going to Cardiff you get the idea.

Good job on getting some loan experience for Gradel.

Well done on avoiding a tricky banana skin oopnarth the other night.

Well done on identifing and solving 2 of the 4 problem areas. If you can fix the other 2 before Saturday great.

Well done on getting us looking better than we did last season.

Well done on ignoring all the f'cking tools who are expecting Premiershp title winning football and signings even though they try to deny it.

If we lose at Palace, it won't be the axe as some portray and neither will it be the end of the world, we rarely win there, let alone play well there so a point will be just fine.

Steady progress is all that is required.

I dont usually agree with your posts but thats about the most sensible one yet. Keep it going lol

Fascinating thought. I'm still bullish about MA but his tactics/team selections bother me.

I accepted that things might go wrong but couldn't imagine he wouldn't attack games from the off and keep trying to press.

This isn't the Second Division. We really will have to score twice every game to get anywhere.

MA declares that he stuidies videos so the evidence from Leicester's recent past should be conclusive. Our defence concedes at least a goal a game which means we have to score twice.

If he sets out to do that or better he shouldn't have a problem. If he chooses to hold his attack back for an hour or so or to score then hold on, as at Accrington, he'll find it costing us vital points because we don't keep enough clean sheets.

MA said that his main managerial influence was George Graham and that worries me because we haven't got the defenders Arsenal had at the time of George Graham and we're unlikely to find them in the Championship.

What the hell does our past have to do with Allen and now? it's his regime it's his time so it doesn't matter one bit what we did at anytime in the past, it doesn't affect Allen or the current crop in anyway.

If we had conceeded the other night we'd have upped it, too much is being made of not putting ASFC to the sword on a filthy night.

Archived