Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Good week for the Manager

Well done to Martin Allen for standing up to Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and his reps. Now JFH is going to Cardiff you get the idea.

Good job on getting some loan experience for Gradel.

Well done on avoiding a tricky banana skin oopnarth the other night.

Well done on identifing and solving 2 of the 4 problem areas. If you can fix the other 2 before Saturday great.

Well done on getting us looking better than we did last season.

Well done on ignoring all the f'cking tools who are expecting Premiershp title winning football and signings even though they try to deny it.

If we lose at Palace, it won't be the axe as some portray and neither will it be the end of the world, we rarely win there, let alone play well there so a point will be just fine.

Steady progress is all that is required.

Well done to Martin Allen for standing up to Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and his reps. Now JFH is going to Cardiff you get the idea.

Well done on identifing and solving 2 of the 4 problem areas. If you can fix the other 2 before Saturday great.

Well done on ignoring all the f'cking tools who are expecting Premiershp title winning football and signings even though they try to deny it.

If we lose at Palace, it won't be the axe as some portray and neither will it be the end of the world, we rarely win there, let alone play well there so a point will be just fine.

If you think steady progress is losing at home to Blackpool and scraping a 1-0 at Accrington then your the only tool on here you muppet!

Yes, Yes, but you still hate Hume! ;)

Got respect MA for sticking up to MM a man who pays his wages and has a tendancy to be impatient weilding a sharp knife I think MA is the ballsy manager we need and the result will come and i hope that those people who are judging him after one game eat humble pie.

The jury's still out on that.

Especially as both Levein and Kelly saw off League Two opposition with far more ease than Allen managed at Accrington.

But with two new signings and Kisnorbo to come back, hopefully it will be a different side at Palace.

And if we come away from Selhurst Park with a point, it may help to calm a few nerves.

The jury's still out on that.

Especially as both Levein and Kelly saw off League Two opposition with far more ease than Allen managed at Accrington.

But with two new signings and Kisnorbo to come back, hopefully it will be a different side at Palace.

And if we come away from Selhurst Park with a point, it may help to calm a few nerves.

Accrington. Yes northern town in Lancashire.

How many fans did we take again.

Meh rubbish we were't even allocated 1000+ and I KNOW (FOXES) We didn't sell out as I rang the ticket office at five to five just to make sure I'd got one over on nob head.

Probabley just a few shy of a 1000.

we were allocated an initial 600 then an extra 1000 the attendance was 2028 and i would say it was more blue than red there. Sorry to say :thumbup:

we were allocated an initial 600 then an extra 1000 the attendance was 2028 and i would say it was more blue than red there. Sorry to say :thumbup:

Whatever :D , I know we didn't sell out, Forest did, for a televised game. I win.

<does celebratery dance>

It's been a rocky old week for Martin so far, but I imagine this is exactly what he thrives on. He's the sort of chap who I can imagine works well when there's perceived pressure on him.

I'm still concerned at the lack of attacking flair throughout our team and it's been the same for years. I'm not talking about strikers either, but there's nothing in midfield that you'd class as being a danger to the opposition when we're on the attack. No sharp shooter from long distance, no one who's built a career on arriving late in the box to smash one home and not anyone who can get the crowd on their feet with mesmerising runs. I'm hoping this will be resolved soon, because we can't rely on grit and determination to get us through.

Kaebi is now got all my hopes pinned on his shoulders. :D

I'd argue that Weso is actually a decent goal-threat.

Everytime I've seen him (which admittedly isn't many) he's looked like our main threat from midfield.

He's looking far more threatening this season, i've always said he's got it in his locker to be more attacking. But i'm concerned at the role he's playing so far this season. If we've not got the wingers for a 4-4-2 and Allen can't drop Kishishev, Clemence or Weso then play wing-backs. We have the players for it.

Well said mate :clap::clap::clap:

If you think steady progress is losing at home to Blackpool and scraping a 1-0 at Accrington then your the only tool on here you muppet!

wrong wrong wrong ; :D he aint alone

there is alot more of them on here who still believe that "barry fry /wholesale" team buying methods rather than choosing and buying selective players is the best way to improve a team;

how many of this crop of imports will actually improve the team :dunno:

and if only 3/4 of them (optimistic) ; why bother with the others :dunno:

i want to see the manager only bring in players that will definitely go into the team ( other than future prospects)

Meh rubbish we were't even allocated 1000+ and I KNOW (FOXES) We didn't sell out as I rang the ticket office at five to five just to make sure I'd got one over on nob head.

Probabley just a few shy of a 1000.

Looked like more than 1,000 to me ... and I'd have backed that view with a bottle of The Greyhound's organic cider. Hullfox reckoned I'd probably had enough anyway. :D

wrong wrong wrong ; :D he aint alone

there is alot more of them on here who still believe that "barry fry /wholesale" team buying methods rather than choosing and buying selective players is the best way to improve a team;

how many of this crop of imports will actually improve the team :dunno:

and if only 3/4 of them (optimistic) ; why bother with the others :dunno:

i want to see the manager only bring in players that will definitely go into the team ( other than future prospects)

That's a bit naive. You need a squad for this division, as demonstrated by injuries to numerous players already not to mention Kisnorbo's suspension - and we released quite a few players in the summer from an already quite thin squad.

Archived