Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Good week for the Manager

What the hell does our past have to do with Allen and now? it's his regime it's his time so it doesn't matter one bit what we did at anytime in the past, it doesn't affect Allen or the current crop in anyway.

If we had conceeded the other night we'd have upped it, too much is being made of not putting ASFC to the sword on a filthy night.

That is the most sensible thing I have read for days.

What the hell does our past have to do with Allen and now? it's his regime it's his time so it doesn't matter one bit what we did at anytime in the past, it doesn't affect Allen or the current crop in anyway.

If we had conceeded the other night we'd have upped it, too much is being made of not putting ASFC to the sword on a filthy night.

We're still conceding at over a goal a game against decent sides so of course it's relevent to say so.

And do you mean to imply that we meant them to hit the woodwork three times and give us a going over for much of the second half?.

I can't imagine why and I don't think it would have been easy for us to turn back to attack mode either if they'd equalised 15 minutes from time - not with the way the way we were passing.

However you look at it we really weren't impressive either individually or collectively.

We're still conceding at over a goal a game against decent sides so of course it's relevent to say so.

And do you mean to imply that we meant them to hit the woodwork three times and give us a going over for much of the second half?.

I can't imagine why and I don't think it would have been easy for us to turn back to attack mode either if they'd equalised 15 minutes from time - not with the way the way we were passing.

However you look at it we really weren't impressive either individually or collectively.

I dont get it. We are a team in the making and travel away to a lower league club who won their opening match and we beat them. Forget the amount of chances they had, we beat them. People cant have there cake and eat it. On Saturday people where moaning that it was the "same old Leicester" creating and losing. Now we create less and win people still find a reason to moan FFS. Its getting silly now. Back to Accrington, how do you or anyone else know how we would have reacted if they equalized? Maybe we would have stepped it up and won 4-1! Who knows?? BTW, just look at all the Champs clubs who got dicked in this comp and say well done for progression and the Forest game.

As for your rubbish about "We're still conceding at over a goal a game against decent sides so of course it's relevent to say so.", we have played one two "real" games this season conceding one goal in the process. Forget pre-season as it means fook all. Now how does the Blackpool game equate to over a goal a game.

This cancerous crap on these threads needs to be cut out because some of this nonsense is getting less and less enjoyable to be involved in.

I dont get it. We are a team in the making and travel away to a lower league club who won their opening match and we beat them. Forget the amount of chances they had, we beat them. People cant have there cake and eat it. On Saturday people where moaning that it was the "same old Leicester" creating and losing. Now we create less and win people still find a reason to moan FFS. Its getting silly now. Back to Accrington, how do you or anyone else know how we would have reacted if they equalized? Maybe we would have stepped it up and won 4-1! Who knows?? BTW, just look at all the Champs clubs who got dicked in this comp and say well done for progression and the Forest game.

As for your rubbish about "We're still conceding at over a goal a game against decent sides so of course it's relevent to say so.", we have played one two "real" games this season conceding one goal in the process. Forget pre-season as it means fook all. Now how does the Blackpool game equate to over a goal a game.

This cancerous crap on these threads needs to be cut out because some of this nonsense is getting less and less enjoyable to be involved in.

I didn't moan about us creating and losing Saturday - only that we didn't bother attacking until the game was almost half over.

We conceded one against Kilmarnock, three against Portsmouth, nil against Partick and one against Blackpool. That's five in four matches or over a goal a game. You might think it doesn't matter but I'm quite sure the games were taken seriously.

Furthermore we've conceded more than a goal a game for ages now. Our defence remains slow and I've no reason to believe we'll concede fewer goals this season.

If you think that's crap, fine. I happy it's the truth and that we'll have to score close to two goals a game as a result.

Cancerous? Hardly. It's obvious from reading the threads that people are quite capable of forming their own opinions.

I didn't moan about us creating and losing Saturday - only that we didn't bother attacking until the game was almost half over.

We conceded two against Kilmarnock, three against Portsmouth, nil against Partick and one against Blackpool. That's six in four matches or over a goal a game. You might think it doesn't matter but I'm quite sure the games were taken seriously.

Furthermore we've conceded more than a goal a game for ages now. Our defence remains slow and I've no reason to believe we'll concede fewer goals this season.

If you think that's crap, fine. I happy it's the truth and that we'll have to score close to two goals a game as a result.

Cancerous? Hardly. It's obvious from reading the threads that people are quite capable of forming their own opinions.

Except we didn't concede two against Kilmarnock, we conceded one.

So that's five in four games, one of which was against Blackpool, one of which was against the team that finished 5th in the SPL last season and three against a team which drew with Manchester United last night.

We conceded two against Kilmarnock, three against Portsmouth, nil against Partick and one against Blackpool. That's six in four matches or over a goal a game. You might think it doesn't matter but I'm quite sure the games were taken seriously.

I've formed mine Thracian and I'm totally with you.. even at this very early stage I think we are dangerously close to becoming a Keegan type team...and as we all know that ended in tears! :cry:

To be honest Thracian so far I'm only judging us on our competetive performances, so therefore only two games.

Admitedly we haven't been our best in either I know but this team is an exciting prospect and we will do better. To compare scorelines against teams such as Potsmouth is a bit stupid seeing as they are now a well established good Premiership side, much better than what we will have to face this season.

The boards would be a boring place if everyone agreed with each other but some of the stuff said in recent days has been ludicrous. Now, I don't agree with your opinions a lot but I must admit to thinking that you are a footballing man, someone who has knowledge of the game and would like certain things from your team, many which I feel are unrealistic but hey, those are your opinions. However, when someone like you who is meant to know about the game is having a pop at a side that has only just been put together and starts talking about crap like pre-season friendlies as a yard-stick of success and failure, then it all equates to the silly season for me.

A new manager needs to see his players on the pitch not in pre-season, reserves or academy football but on the pitch in games that count like the league and cups. MA doesnt know his best team or his best system at the moment but he is learning. It will be a few more games before even the likes of Kisnorbo and Kaebi have played along with the loan lads before he knows his best team. The players don't know each others games either and we need to get some sort fo continuity in the team before we see a system develop and a proper understanding of the functuality of the team.

Far too many people, some who I regarded as quite sensible at times have fallen into that ludicrous hole of expecting us to instantly be the finished article. Its almost upsetting lol that fans are moaning after one loss in the league and a win in the cup and I must admit, many people who think that we can add 12 players, jumble them about and sling in an untried manager at this level and turn them into instant match winners are idiots.

Stop fooking moaning and give the team some time! :doh::frusty:

To be honest Thracian so far I'm only judging us on our competetive performances, so therefore only two games.

Admitedly we haven't been our best in either I know but this team is an exciting prospect and we will do better. To compare scorelines against teams such as Potsmouth is a bit stupid seeing as they are now a well established good Premiership side, much better than what we will have to face this season.

Tomorrow is the real test...Palace have some fire power and if we can at least hold them then I'll be well pleased regardless of our performance..if we don't we could well be bottom come 5 o'clock! :unsure:

Tomorrow is the real test...Palace have some fire power and if we can at least hold them then I'll be well pleased regardless of our performance..if we don't we could well be bottom come 5 o'clock! :unsure:

I agree. I struggle to see any other result past a defeat really. A point would be satisfying for me.

Even if we are that doesnt mean its the bad old days! Look what happened at Sunderland and look at what happened to teams like us in the older days when we came from nowhere to go up! This is a long season and wont be decided after 3 or 4 games! Cardiff flew at the start of last season and it went tats up so there is no guarantee that a good start means we`ll stay there! Lets hope we are there or thereabouts by the end of the season!

Even if we are that doesnt mean its the bad old days! Look what happened at Sunderland and look at what happened to teams like us in the older days when we came from nowhere to go up! This is a long season and wont be decided after 3 or 4 games! Cardiff flew at the start of last season and it went tats up so there is no guarantee that a good start means we`ll stay there! Lets hope we are there or thereabouts by the end of the season!

Agreed..but this is Leicester City we are talking about I love them and defeat is not an option in any game...ever! :angry:

Agreed..but this is Leicester City we are talking about I love them and defeat is not an option in any game...ever! :angry:

No one likes losing mate but the fact is we are a side that is forming! Even on Saturday, we`ll have Kisnorbo playing his first game with many of them and probably Clarke and Fulop. Thats 3 new players in the 5 main defensive positions. Ive mentioned it before (too many times lol) but some people reckon you can make those changes and expect them to play like on Football Manager where they instantly gel and play! Football isnt as easy as that as most know so to expect them all to instantly all have a perfect line in defence is not that realistic. Our lads will make mistakes no doubt but lets hope we don't get punished and cause them some problems in there peno box!

Except we didn't concede two against Kilmarnock, we conceded one.

So that's five in four games, one of which was against Blackpool, one of which was against the team that finished 5th in the SPL last season and three against a team which drew with Manchester United last night.

:thumbup:

Corrected. Thanks

My point remains and it seems impossible to get the point over that we have to score more goals and to do that means selecting more adventurous line-ups.

:thumbup:

Corrected. Thanks

My point remains and it seems impossible to get the point over that we have to score more goals and to do that means selecting more adventurous line-ups.

Adventurous......?

Lets just start with playing a starting X1 with everyone in their correct position. Not Fryatt in midfield. Not Weso on the wing but in the middle where he should be etc etc. The last managers went down this route and MA doesn't need to. He has a big enough squad to not fall foul of a simple error.

Adventurous......?

Lets just start with playing a starting X1 with everyone in their correct position. Not Fryatt in midfield. Not Weso on the wing but in the middle where he should be etc etc. The last managers went down this route and MA doesn't need to. He has a big enough squad to not fall foul of a simple error.

I don't see why Martin Allen shouldn't play people "out of position" if he considers the alternatives would weaken the rest of the side. It's not as if he's asking Wesolowski or Fryatt to play a Christiano Ronaldo role. People are coming on this forum with their preconceived ideas of what a wide player's role is and then criticising the manager for something he is not doing.

Chelsea played four central midfielders at times last season. Does that make Jose Mourinho an idiot? Was Alex Ferguson a plonker for putting Solskaer on the left "wing" for Manchester Utd for long spells earlier in his career.

I don't see why Martin Allen shouldn't play people "out of position" if he considers the alternatives would weaken the rest of the side. It's not as if he's asking Wesolowski or Fryatt to play a Christiano Ronaldo role. People are coming on this forum with their preconceived ideas of what a wide player's role is and then criticising the manager for something he is not doing.

Chelsea played four central midfielders at times last season. Does that make Jose Mourinho an idiot? Was Alex Ferguson a plonker for putting Solskaer on the left "wing" for Manchester Utd for long spells earlier in his career.

But its all about balance and the side lacked that. The standard of players you are talking about are able to adjust better than ours.

But its all about balance and the side lacked that. The standard of players you are talking about are able to adjust better than ours.

Yes, but unless Martin Allen experiments how can he know they won't adapt. And there have been no decent natural wide players available for selection up until now. Taken to it's extreme logic, Martin Allen should therefore pick Academy wide players over and above Wesolowski simply because they are natural wide players. The whole argument does not not stack up on any level.

A new manager needs to see his players on the pitch not in pre-season, reserves or academy football but on the pitch in games that count like the league and cups. MA doesnt know his best team or his best system at the moment but he is learning. It will be a few more games before even the likes of Kisnorbo and Kaebi have played along with the loan lads before he knows his best team. The players don't know each others games either and we need to get some sort fo continuity in the team before we see a system develop and a proper understanding of the functuality of the team.

Far too many people, some who I regarded as quite sensible at times have fallen into that ludicrous hole of expecting us to instantly be the finished article. Its almost upsetting lol that fans are moaning after one loss in the league and a win in the cup and I must admit, many people who think that we can add 12 players, jumble them about and sling in an untried manager at this level and turn them into instant match winners are idiots.

Stop fooking moaning and give the team some time! :doh::frusty:

Absolutely spot on with this post and for me this sums up everything that has been wrong with this week. People seem to think that if you bring in lots of new players you will get gain instant success but in reality this is rarely the case. It can take time to build a team irregardless of how much money you have spent because sometimes players need to adapt and settle in first. I am sceptical of one or two players but I think we have the basis of a good team. We just need some time to mould them into a more confident unit.

Yes, but unless Martin Allen experiments how can he know they won't adapt. And there have been no decent natural wide players available for selection up until now. Taken to it's extreme logic, Martin Allen should therefore pick Academy wide players over and above Wesolowski simply because they are natural wide players. The whole argument does not not stack up on any level.

Didn't say they should play academy players.

Absolutely spot on with this post and for me this sums up everything that has been wrong with this week. People seem to think that if you bring in lots of new players you will get gain instant success but in reality this is rarely the case. It can take time to build a team irregardless of how much money you have spent because sometimes players need to adapt and settle in first. I am sceptical of one or two players but I think we have the basis of a good team. We just need some time to mould them into a more confident unit.

The Blackpool defeat was damn all to do with players needing time to gell. It was to do with our tactics of setting out to first contain the game. Only later did we attack in numbers and with any conviction. The attacking was far better than last season because MA did put more and more men forward. Indeed the team looked fine together. But the initial approach was one of Kelly-like caution.

We did the opposite at Accington and at least secured the early goal that proved the winner. But why we risked that lead by easing back and focusing just on defending that goal I don't know. Since when have we ever been safe in defence? We're far too vulnerable in lots of ways.

The Blackpool defeat was damn all to do with players needing time to gell. It was to do with our tactics of setting out to first contain the game. Only later did we attack in numbers and with any conviction. The attacking was far better than last season because MA did put more and more men forward. Indeed the team looked fine together. But the initial approach was one of Kelly-like caution.

We did the opposite at Accington and at least secured the early goal that proved the winner. But why we risked that lead by easing back and focusing just on defending that goal I don't know. Since when have we ever been safe in defence? We're far too vulnerable in lots of ways.

I had actually started a post to agree with you on an earlier post of yours but it crashed. So I can't be bothered to do it again, but i'm going to disagree with you on this.

Our tactics in the first half were nothing to do with containing Blackpool, the reason we were given a going over in the 1st 25 mins was due to having Wesolowski right wing and Newton left wing, giving us no width and losing our shape. Allen realised this and after 52 minutes bought a THIRD striker on at 0-0, from then on we dominated the game and paid the price for disgusting finishing and a touch of quality goal keeping.

You really can't win with you. Last season you called for us to throw on more striker early on, to try and take games to the opposition. Allen does this after 52 minutes and it doesn't pay off as our finishing was poor. But instead of commending him for doing exactly what you craved last season and probably still this season, you pick up on the fact that our tactics were wrong in the first 25 or so mins and that apparently cost us the game, which in reality it didn't. What cost us the game was not taking 1 or 2 of the 15-20 chances we had.

Well done to Martin Allen for standing up to Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and his reps. Now JFH is going to Cardiff you get the idea.

Good job on getting some loan experience for Gradel.

Well done on avoiding a tricky banana skin oopnarth the other night.

Well done on identifing and solving 2 of the 4 problem areas. If you can fix the other 2 before Saturday great.

Well done on getting us looking better than we did last season.

Well done on ignoring all the f'cking tools who are expecting Premiershp title winning football and signings even though they try to deny it.

If we lose at Palace, it won't be the axe as some portray and neither will it be the end of the world, we rarely win there, let alone play well there so a point will be just fine.

Steady progress is all that is required.

You make sense but you're still a bellend.

Archived