Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Eastern Fox

Our best manager since MON?

Our best manager since MON?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Our best manager since MON?

• Peter "I'm a twat" Taylor
    • Dave "Harry" Bassett
    • Micky "Experience" Adams
    • Craig "Defence" Levein
    • Rob "Milan backs me" Kelly
    • Nigel "I'm not here to stay" Worthington
    • Martin "Sacked after 4 games" Allen

Micky Adams simply because he got us promoted with no money whatsoever.

Brace yourself for the usual bunch of idiots harping on about how he already had a Premiership quality team to get us promoted and that any manager inheriting that side would have easily got us promoted.

Apart from Izzet and Walker we most certainly did not, you fools.

Brace yourself for the usual bunch of idiots harping on about how he already had a Premiership quality team to get us promoted and that any manager inheriting that side would have easily got us promoted.

Sorry but no team that gets relegated is premiership quality, else they would have stayed there.

Sorry but no team that gets relegated is premiership quality, else they would have stayed there.

Agreed with both.

Embarrassingly, Ive gone for PT lol.

I can really judge MA or Wortho as neither had much time and its harsh on the likes of RK, CL and MA as they all had very little cash to spend but for me, the best manager from the lot is Peter Taylor although he didnt really reach the heights for us. He has shown to have made some decent decisions at International level with simple things like making Becks captain for his brief spell in charge and his team and tactics for the u-21s were very good. You only had to see what a mess that Platt did of them to work out the difference in standard of someone who is a good coach.

unfortunately, PT cannot buy a player for love nor money. Whether he was talked into signing players like Ade or not, he seems like a shite judge when it comes to player recruitment. The thing is, arguably he would be best at this club under current chairman Milan because MM could recruit the players and PT could coach them lol.

All in all its a depressing list that may be the proof that we should aim for someone more experienced to bring us success. BTW I am saying all of this as I am gearing up to what a mate of mine thinks will be an appointment of Peter Reid by Tuesday! He works in an online bookies and said they have had substantial bets on Reid last night and a few this morning and is already taking the pi$$. Fookin Spurs fans.

With all the shit that Adams had to put up with as well, he did an outstanding job - Going bust, small squad, Neil Warnock's rants, getting promoted but having nothing to keep us up with, la manga, signing a new squad every season. (Hey, we've done that a lot, but thats great, gives me a whole load of new passwords for work!)

I felt sorry for him when he quit, because you could tell he loved the club, but the club had just gone one step too far for him. (Like he'd forgiven his wife for cheating on him, but she goes and does it again.)

He got Paul Dickov playing so well, someone was prepared to pay money for him.

He made Nalis look decent

As well as Ben Thatcher

He got us Les Ferdinand!

He had Trevor Benjamin in his sqaud!

I could go on - but i won't

Archived