Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

New MM Interview

I've a feeling we'll still have caretakers in charge for Saturday's game.

Optimistically we could appoint someone tomorrow.

Realistically, it'll be Thursday morning at the earliest. And that's a little late for a new manager to do the rounds and be set for match day. :ermm:

Too right - why has he waited until now? MM had the opportunity to get someone in and have at least a week with most of the team (lets face, we ain't got many away on international duty!)

It's all a very sorry affair! :(

Refreshing to hear that a couple of the potential managers are already employed. Im now hopeful that MM will only turn to the unemployed ones if he cant do a spot of poaching.

If that is the case they'll now know they were third or fourth choice - another glowing example of MMs recruitment skills.

If that is the case they'll now know they were third or fourth choice - another glowing example of MMs recruitment skills.

Do managers actually give a damn if they are considered 3rd or 4th choice though? Its not the school playground where someone gets a sulk and under performs because they were picked 4th! To be frank, the unemployed likes of Reid, Megson, Roeder and Warnock would probably take a big D1 side never mind a Championship club with money. With so many coaches and players being promoted to management positions over the years, couple with the increase of foreign managers coming in, there are less and less decent jobs for some experienced managers who are prepared to start lower down the chain. Beggars cant be choosers!

Erm...this seems to be a dig purely for the sake of it. :dunno:

How is having a shortlist of candidates for interview any different to best practice in industry or the private sector?

Erm...this seems to be a dig purely for the sake of it. :dunno:

How is having a shortlist of candidates for interview any different to best practice in industry or the private sector?

It's not but they don't announce the status of half the candidates.

It's not but they don't announce the status of half the candidates.

Most big business isn't based around entertainment and doesn't make appointments in public so they announce nothing, where it does go on in the media you often see poaching of competitors talent and speculation about this.

Most big business isn't based around entertainment and doesn't make appointments in public so they announce nothing, where it does go on in the media you often see poaching of competitors talent and speculation about this.

I've no problem with poaching talent?

As for speculation, err that's what it is! This wasn't speculation this was MM saying two people on the list were currently employed, I'm not aware of any recruitment I've been involved in were an aspect of the status of the applicants has been made public. I just think it's bad form and shows he's desperate to be liked unfortunately it could back fire.

I just think it's bad form and shows he's desperate to be liked unfortunately it could back fire.

All he's done is make a press release to say that there's four people on the short-list and that some of them would need negotiation their current clubs to move.

There's plenty you could give MM shit for but this is really scraping the barrel.

I've no problem with poaching talent?

As for speculation, err that's what it is! This wasn't speculation this was MM saying two people on the list were currently employed, I'm not aware of any recruitment I've been involved in were an aspect of the status of the applicants has been made public. I just think it's bad form and shows he's desperate to be liked unfortunately it could back fire.

Sorry I don't get your problem with any of this, MM has to make some sort of statement about what is currently going on to placate the fanbase and he's not said anything specific. It would cause problems if he said where he was recruiting from but not a bland statement saying some are already employed (which any sensible individual could have concluded anyway).

I'm guessing you have never been chairman or CEO of a business which the press has an interest in, if you read the FT or other business related media you'll see loads of speculation about people moving from one company to another.

Who's the four then?

Dowie aint coming, he's an ugly tw*t anyway.

Davies, is a jock so for me NOPE!

Warnock not sure about him but best out of a bad bunch, maybe.

Roeder NO NO NO!

Who else?

Reid erm yea was good about 10 years ago, but nah not for me.

Megson i'd sooner have Craig Levein back, Honestly!

Grayson to much to young.

Why doesn't Milan just appoint himself as manager like Quinn did at Sunderland.

To be honest i dont really care anymore should have had Chris Coleman when we had the chance.

Who's the four then?

Dowie aint coming, he's an ugly tw*t anyway.

Davies, is a jock so for me NOPE!

Warnock not sure about him but best out of a bad bunch, maybe.

Roeder NO NO NO!

Who else?

Reid erm yea was good about 10 years ago, but nah not for me.

Megson i'd sooner have Craig Levein back, Honestly!

Grayson to much to young.

Why doesn't Milan just appoint himself as manager like Quinn did at Sunderland.

To be honest i dont really care anymore should have had Chris Coleman when we had the chance.

Because Quinn lost every match he managed?

Maybe I misheard the interview, but if I recall he did not actually state that two of the managers he wanted to interview were currently employed.

He was simply asked that if he was to appoint a manager from another club that he would have to pay compensation and how did he feel about that.

Or did I misinterpret his comments. :dunno:

Archived