Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Will Someone Explain To Me

Well id like to say fairplay to you for being at the top but i know it may be different circumstances but look at wigan and reading in the premiership over the last 2 years they went up and looked at points like they may even get into europe and now look where they are . There's no guarenteeing if u stay in this division you will finish high up again this season i remember leeds getting to the play off final about 2 years ago and the following season they got relegated so remember that before u start gloating .

Well id like to say fairplay to you for being at the top but i know it may be different circumstances but look at wigan and reading in the premiership over the last 2 years they went up and looked at points like they may even get into europe and now look where they are . There's no guarenteeing if u stay in this division you will finish high up again this season i remember leeds getting to the play off final about 2 years ago and the following season they got relegated so remember that before u start gloating .

Thing is mate we dont really care, IF..... we do go up we may come straight back down, so what :dunno: .

Oh Lisa you bring back the memories of Izzet, Savage, Lennon etc the list could go on :rolleyes:

I was looking at some of the pictures on the top floor of the stadium today. It brought a tear to my eye.

I would have thought they've got the potential to be very big as well.

Bristol is a massive city, I think I read somewhere it's one of the biggest not to have had a Premiership team, or something.

Im talking about if you dont go up , there's no guarenting u wont go back to league 1 next season . And what you said ealier Gary Johnson is not the best english manager . For a start he hasnt proved it any higher then this division . Billy Davies looked a quaility manager last season but look at this season :giggle:

I was looking at some of the pictures on the top floor of the stadium today. It brought a tear to my eye.

Bristol is a massive city, I think I read somewhere it's one of the biggest not to have had a Premiership team, or something.

And we have a new 30 thousand + stadium coming our way in 3 years. 40 thousand if England get the 2018 world cup finals.

And we have a new 30 thousand + stadium coming our way in 3 years. 40 thousand if England get the 2018 world cup finals.

Tell me about it! The brother-in-law can't wait - he's not even a football fan either!! I think he's the only person in Bedminster that hopes you don't go up!

Well a new 30,000 seater stadium means fook all in fact it's more than likely to be the death knell - look at us, Southampton etc. New stadiums rip the heart out of clubs.

What does England gettin that have to do with it ?

For England to get the world cup in 2018 the games HAVE to be played in all regions of the country.( fifa rules?) So Bristol would represent the south west. And the smallest capacity for world cup final games is 40000.

which will be half full at best, nice one.

Went Ashton Gate earlier in the season and it was brilliant, not because we won but the whole atmsophere of the place, great traditional footie ground.

I actually think if you go up (I hope you do) Ashton Gate will help you greatly in being uncomfortable surroundings for the prem clubs used to 40,000 super stadiums. A bit like Fratton park has been for Pompey, yes thieir a decent side now but back in 03/04 when they first came up they were poor but their home form kept them up. Hopefully you can do the same.

For England to get the world cup in 2018 the games HAVE to be played in all regions of the country.( fifa rules?) So Bristol would represent the south west. And the smallest capacity for world cup final games is 40000.

Ohh thanks mate :) ... shame midlands will go villa or summot :(:whistle:

Well a new 30,000 seater stadium means fook all in fact it's more than likely to be the death knell - look at us, Southampton etc. New stadiums rip the heart out of clubs.

What you have to realise is that WE nearly went to the wall in 1982, since then we have probably been one of the tightest clubs with our money in the league. The current chairman is LOADED, but hes in the financial business and runs the club very prudently.

He has bought all the land etc with( i believe) his own money and is too clever to get us in the shite.

Bit like your chairman then :crylaugh::crylaugh:

Despite some of the smart arse comments from some Bristol City fans I hope you go up. Bristol City have the potential to be at least as big as us and it's time there was a top flight team in that corner of the country.

which will be half full at best, nice one.

Went Ashton Gate earlier in the season and it was brilliant, not because we won but the whole atmsophere of the place, great traditional footie ground.

I actually think if you go up (I hope you do) Ashton Gate will help you greatly in being uncomfortable surroundings for the prem clubs used to 40,000 super stadiums. A bit like Fratton park has been for Pompey, yes thieir a decent side now but back in 03/04 when they first came up they were poor but their home form kept them up. Hopefully you can do the same.

Wouldnt be half full, nice try though :rolleyes: . Mind you, i would rather it was than having the GLORY fans turn up if we did go up. As you say Ashton Gate is a real football ground, the fans have already said that they wont accept a bowl like ground like you have (no offence!) We want a new ground but have a bit of character, if you know where i am coming from :unsure::unsure:

What you have to realise is that WE nearly went to the wall in 1982, since then we have probably been one of the tightest clubs with our money in the league. The current chairman is LOADED, but hes in the financial business and runs the club very prudently.

He has bought all the land etc with( i believe) his own money and is too clever to get us in the shite.

Bit like your chairman then :crylaugh::crylaugh:

If you think money gets you places you're stupider than you sound.

Where's this myth about Bristol City's good defence today come from? Their defence was shocking - say what you like, but you let the ball bounce around your 18 yard box all day long today. A better set of strikers would have had a field day.

You thoroughly deserved to be annihilated. It's our fault you weren't, but don't kid yourself that you "battled to a draw" or anything. You didn't. We did it for you.

Basso looks sound as a pound mind.

Despite some of the smart arse comments from some Bristol City fans I hope you go up. Bristol City have the potential to be at least as big as us and it's time there was a top flight team in that corner of the country.

The biggest problem we have down here, are the glory hunters who jump on there coaches every saturday to Anfield and Old Trafford etc.They make me sick.

If they were to support there OWN team who knows where we could go.

How many fans do you get at the mintue on average ?

BCFC average around 15k, but holds 19,500, but due to un used seats in the east end our sale out of the home end is around 16,000ish so we can't sell out unless the away fans take 3000 which i don't think many have

I don't think that what he was saying, i think he's saying we have a chairman who has money and will spend it on players that the manager has his eye on, not just splash it on big money players i.e qpr

Oh of course, how silly of me, of course its better to have none isnt it :rolleyes: .

None of the top clubs have money do they :rolleyes: .

Does that SOUND :unsure: better?

Oh of course, how silly of me, of course its better to have none isnt it :rolleyes: .

None of the top clubs have money do they :rolleyes: .

Does that SOUND :unsure: better?

We've spent proper money twice in our recent history, the first time it sent us down, the second time its looking ever more likely.

We've spent proper money twice in our recent history, the first time it sent us down, the second time its looking ever more likely.

It depends on how you're manager spends the dosh, GJ will only spend big money on players he is certain will add to the dressing room mentality, and who can be motivated.

He can spend 750k on players like Carle, then he can spend as little as 5k for players like Mccombe who are both quality players,

They are top because despite their lack of "stars" they obviously have a good manager who has managed to motivate them, organise them and galvanise them into a winning side. They have also shown a consistency sadly lacking from our overpaid prima donnas who look very likely to be taking us in the opposite direction. This on top of the fact that the standard in this league is much of a muchness and the fact that that any team on its day can beat another is why they are up there at the top.

Today we were better but we still coudn't win could we!

Personally I hope they do go up for I'm all in favour of so-called small/unfashionable clubs sticking two fingers up to the supposed big clubs and their stars as it reminds me of our now fast receding past. Seems to me our players/management could learn a few lessons from theirs.

Archived