Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Will Someone Explain To Me

Ahhh but whats plymuff got to do with us?

We're top, we won't slide down to your level, so its a good season

Bristol City manager Gary Johnson:

"It was an unbelievable point to get - it was not deserved. We are honest enough to say that.

"But we are still top of the league and every round of games that passes and we are still top then it is ours to lose, and it is still ours to lose.

"This could be a very valuable point come the end of the season."

At least your managers honest, eh?!

This coming from the person immature enough to constantly slate our manager because he played for B Rovers? I think its you who needs to sort yourself out.

And bitter? Why? You aint done nothing yet. You cant even beat us ffs. The Plymouth fans were the same on here. They dissappeared as they started to slip down the table aswel.....

Dont worry, im only on here for one night only :P , Since when did you care about Hollowhead? 3 months ago?. We KNOW what hes like and were here to help you out and give you the warnings :crylaugh: .

One day you will say to yourself "he was right" :giggle: .

Anyway, ive had enough now, you take care of yourself and watch out for those stressfull times ahead rev, im a bit worried for you because im not sure if you will be able to handle it, stress does funny things to people :rolleyes: .

Adios, thanks for the good fishing REV :giggle::giggle:

it's tossers like you that spoil the good feeling most neutrals had towards your side, spouting all this bollocks and giving it the big I am, remember you have been extremely lucky with injuries and such this season, yet when you inevitably slide down, probably after your manager moves on next season people like you will fook off and the decent 1's will be left to get the abuse that you deserve.

you somehow got a point today now piss off and move on with your season

Lucky with injuries? or isit because when people get injured in our squad we have good backup. Ie Mccombe for carey.

Umm... Yah okay people like me... you mean me like the fan who goes to every game i can no matter in the league who against etc who has been there for most of my life to see us rise up from bottom of the league and see us fail so many years yet still be here and always will for the rest of my life?

We got a point to fine defense and wastefulness of your strikers

Dont worry, im only on here for one night only :P , Since when did you care about Hollowhead? 3 months ago?. We KNOW what hes like and were here to help you out and give you the warnings :crylaugh: .

One day you will say to yourself "he was right" :giggle: .

Anyway, ive had enough now, you take care of yourself and watch out for those stressfull times ahead rev, im a bit worried for you because im not sure if you will be able to handle it, stress does funny things to people :rolleyes: .

Adios, thanks for the good fishing REV :giggle::giggle:

Seriously, do you know him? You know as much as i do about him. Just because he played for your rivals that makes him a bad manager?

Thanks for the warning lol lol lol

Didn't listen to the game today, sounded as though we (BCFC) were very fortunate to get a point. You've played us when you've been in good form and us in mediocre and taken advantage (or not, today), when at other times we've ground out victories, although we usually at least match our opposition over the 90 minutes so far this season. Still, all the points add up, and if we beat Watford on Tuesday night we'll have at least a 3 point gap at the top of the league.

Congratulations for getting 4 points off us and all the best for the rest of the season.

Went to the game today......should have won if it wasn't for our inept strikers.just a question to the Bristol guys.How is the City/rovers thing made up?Is it one side of the city's rovers and the other side city?Just curiouse(sp)Anyway good luck in the prem!

I have to agree with most of you... Bristol City aren't as good as their league table position suggests...

Like Derby last year, they are just managing to keep themselves up there based on some pretty solid defending and counter attacking goals but that just simply won't work in the Premiership as Derby have shown. You have to have pace and quality in the Premiership and, with no disrespect, Bristol just don't have any.

Today, we ripped them to pieces but didn't take our chances and therefore only got a draw... imagine that performance from them against the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal... 6, 7 nil anyone?

IF Bristol City go up, then it'll be a quick one off and they'll be challenging Derby for being the worst Premiership team ever in terms of quality, points, goal difference... everything.

Good luck to you, but don't expect this crazy run of promotions and league performances to keep going.

I have to agree with most of you... Bristol City aren't as good as their league table position suggests...

Today, we ripped them to pieces but didn't take our chances and therefore only got a draw...

For precisely the reasons you state that we were not able to put them to the sword are the reasons that they are justifiably where they are.

Good on them - and may they take one on the top four spots in the Premiership. A decent team with decent fans (they fed me Guinness on the train into Leicester) - I like Bristol City, and for as long as they occupy an automatic spot they piss off one of the teams that believe it was their birth-right at the beginning of the season.

For precisely the reasons you state that we were not able to put them to the sword are the reasons that they are justifiably where they are.

Good on them - and may they take one on the top four spots in the Premiership. A decent team with decent fans (they fed me Guinness on the train into Leicester) - I like Bristol City, and for as long as they occupy an automatic spot they piss off one of the teams that believe it was their birth-right at the beginning of the season.

How is that? We are a side that is lacking in confidence and poor up front... we didn't score but lets face it, we were the better side and is wasn't down to their quality in defense that stopped us winning, it was our finishing. On more than one occasion it was just the complete incompetence of our strikers to score easy chances that cost us. We threw away the 2 points rather than them earning the draw off us.

How then you can say that because WE were not clinical enough up front shows how they deserve to be up at the top of the table is beyond me... imagine they get to the Premiership next season, they will get ripped to pieces by the teams who CAN score week in week out and it will only highlight how they are simply not good enough and, to be fair, have been slightly fortunate this season...

I'm not trying to say that they haven't deserved to be up there NEAR the top, but on that performance, they aren't JUSTIFIABLY the best team in this division... quite some way off that to be honest.

I'm not sure where some of our fans have popped in from to write some of the stuff they have, unbelievably arrogant in my opinion.

Firstly I didn't enjoy today one bit, apart from 2 breaks where we hit the frames of the goal, we wern't actually poor we were technically outplayed by a team that were miles better on the day but failed to take advantage of the situation. That is why your in the position you are. It's not your a poor side it's just it didn't drop right for you. If you have ten games like this its 20pts dropped and sometimes one of those teams will nick it at the other end. Those 20 or so pts is the difference between playoffs and struggling in this league.

I'm loving being a Bristol City supporter this season, its been amazing that we're still there. There have been some scrappy games but some good ones as well. we've seemed to rais eour game for the bigger ocassions and on games where the league tells you that you should win we have been found wanting.

Pride, Passion and Belief is why we are top. The lads play football for the team and their manager who has the utmost respect from every angle of the club. It's not luck we're top it's hard work. Our work rate is good and our players never give in. We may not have premier elect players but there is alot of confidence in the club and we like to play football on the ground and use two pacey wingers to try and hit teams on the break. We have been unable to do that against Leicester twice and personally it's because you know how we can't play. we don't handle the long ball game and credit to your team for doing so, at the end of the day the best way to win a game is to play to your oppositins weakness'.

In spite of some arrogant comments by our fans I don't think we're as bad as some of your fans have made out. At times we have looked good. we tore Charlton apart in the 2nd half last week and have produced some strong impressive performances at home.

I'm not gonna say we will survive if we go up. But I don't think we will do a Derby. Johnson will know players he wants and our chairman will support him in what he believes. Loads of our fans were saying they wanted Cole back or Lita back or even Robbie Fowler earlier on this year. I personally wouldn't. Byfield and Adebola are not your standard premier bound players but they work hard, do their job, run back and defend, and have got goals that have got us where we are.

After 37 games its not luck but the media making it look like the longest honeymoon ever has helped us as its allowed us to concentrate on our own game without pressure. Everyone goes out that Bristol City are so bad and are beatable, this creates no pressure on us and then if we're winning in fact it turns pressure on our opposition.

I don't think Leicester have looked bad at all the twice I have seen them but I would say the same about QPR, Southampton and Blackpool. Yet however these teams don't seem to be firing. I'm not qualified to have a reason why but it shows there is a small line to being a good team that gets results and a team that has potential but just can't get it together.

I'm also not a Holloway slater or a Rovers hater. In my opinion it doesn't matter who you play for and this negative fan base section does no one no favours, you only increase hunger to beat teams you regard as "rivals". So what Holloway was a Rovers manager. I've always found it funny how he has responded to our mindless fans who want to taunt and to be honest he has done well with small clubs and got them over performing. Now he is at a club with potential it will be interesting to see if he can achieve.

As for the Rovers section, they don't worry me. Pretty soon they will be 2 leagues below us (hopefull) and they could do us a huge favour by beating West Brazil today. If they do it could be humiliating for them and end their promotion confidence. I wish Rovers and Plymouth well, and I add Yeovil, Swindon, Forest Green, Cheltenham and Exeter into that. I want us to beat them when they play us and I want to be better than them, but seeing these clubs well is good for where you come from. I'm proud to be from Bristol and proud to be following a team that is doing well. The last few years has been amazing for the West Country and it would be fantastic to be in the prem.

I'm not afraid to say we were the worse team today but we are still 3pts clear at the top and its still very much in our hands, if you can play bad and get a point then to be honest it needs to be said its a point gained not 2 pts dropped.Even if we fail to win and only draw or lose, unless other teams get their points then we are still in the same position we started in but with 1 less game to play.

I really hope we can do it, I don't think we would go up in the playoffs so automatic is what really matters to us. Our next 2 games against Watford and Plymouth are huge. If we can just get 4 or 6pts from them then I will start to believe that we can win this league. There isn't much between teams at the top and teams at the bottom, I don't think this means its a poor league however. I just think its a competitive one. Look at teams coming down from the Championship to League 1, they're hardly running away with the leagues and yet in the Prem those who go up arent exactly miles below any of the other teams (bar Derby). If we go up, I think we will perform with credit and hold our head up high and be proud of where we come from and what we have achieved in recent times. So what if we did do a Derby, we would still have 30 - 40m to invest into producing a team that could compete in the future.

Wishing you well, a pleased City fan who is more than happy to admit we were very very very lucky it wasn't a rugby score of 12 - 2 yesterday.

I'm not sure where some of our fans have popped in from to write some of the stuff they have, unbelievably arrogant in my opinion.

Firstly I didn't enjoy today one bit, apart from 2 breaks where we hit the frames of the goal, we wern't actually poor we were technically outplayed by a team that were miles better on the day but failed to take advantage of the situation. That is why your in the position you are. It's not your a poor side it's just it didn't drop right for you. If you have ten games like this its 20pts dropped and sometimes one of those teams will nick it at the other end. Those 20 or so pts is the difference between playoffs and struggling in this league.

I'm loving being a Bristol City supporter this season, its been amazing that we're still there. There have been some scrappy games but some good ones as well. we've seemed to rais eour game for the bigger ocassions and on games where the league tells you that you should win we have been found wanting.

Pride, Passion and Belief is why we are top. The lads play football for the team and their manager who has the utmost respect from every angle of the club. It's not luck we're top it's hard work. Our work rate is good and our players never give in. We may not have premier elect players but there is alot of confidence in the club and we like to play football on the ground and use two pacey wingers to try and hit teams on the break. We have been unable to do that against Leicester twice and personally it's because you know how we can't play. we don't handle the long ball game and credit to your team for doing so, at the end of the day the best way to win a game is to play to your oppositins weakness'.

In spite of some arrogant comments by our fans I don't think we're as bad as some of your fans have made out. At times we have looked good. we tore Charlton apart in the 2nd half last week and have produced some strong impressive performances at home.

I'm not gonna say we will survive if we go up. But I don't think we will do a Derby. Johnson will know players he wants and our chairman will support him in what he believes. Loads of our fans were saying they wanted Cole back or Lita back or even Robbie Fowler earlier on this year. I personally wouldn't. Byfield and Adebola are not your standard premier bound players but they work hard, do their job, run back and defend, and have got goals that have got us where we are.

After 37 games its not luck but the media making it look like the longest honeymoon ever has helped us as its allowed us to concentrate on our own game without pressure. Everyone goes out that Bristol City are so bad and are beatable, this creates no pressure on us and then if we're winning in fact it turns pressure on our opposition.

I don't think Leicester have looked bad at all the twice I have seen them but I would say the same about QPR, Southampton and Blackpool. Yet however these teams don't seem to be firing. I'm not qualified to have a reason why but it shows there is a small line to being a good team that gets results and a team that has potential but just can't get it together.

I'm also not a Holloway slater or a Rovers hater. In my opinion it doesn't matter who you play for and this negative fan base section does no one no favours, you only increase hunger to beat teams you regard as "rivals". So what Holloway was a Rovers manager. I've always found it funny how he has responded to our mindless fans who want to taunt and to be honest he has done well with small clubs and got them over performing. Now he is at a club with potential it will be interesting to see if he can achieve.

As for the Rovers section, they don't worry me. Pretty soon they will be 2 leagues below us (hopefull) and they could do us a huge favour by beating West Brazil today. If they do it could be humiliating for them and end their promotion confidence. I wish Rovers and Plymouth well, and I add Yeovil, Swindon, Forest Green, Cheltenham and Exeter into that. I want us to beat them when they play us and I want to be better than them, but seeing these clubs well is good for where you come from. I'm proud to be from Bristol and proud to be following a team that is doing well. The last few years has been amazing for the West Country and it would be fantastic to be in the prem.

I'm not afraid to say we were the worse team today but we are still 3pts clear at the top and its still very much in our hands, if you can play bad and get a point then to be honest it needs to be said its a point gained not 2 pts dropped.Even if we fail to win and only draw or lose, unless other teams get their points then we are still in the same position we started in but with 1 less game to play.

I really hope we can do it, I don't think we would go up in the playoffs so automatic is what really matters to us. Our next 2 games against Watford and Plymouth are huge. If we can just get 4 or 6pts from them then I will start to believe that we can win this league. There isn't much between teams at the top and teams at the bottom, I don't think this means its a poor league however. I just think its a competitive one. Look at teams coming down from the Championship to League 1, they're hardly running away with the leagues and yet in the Prem those who go up arent exactly miles below any of the other teams (bar Derby). If we go up, I think we will perform with credit and hold our head up high and be proud of where we come from and what we have achieved in recent times. So what if we did do a Derby, we would still have 30 - 40m to invest into producing a team that could compete in the future.

Wishing you well, a pleased City fan who is more than happy to admit we were very very very lucky it wasn't a rugby score of 12 - 2 yesterday.

are you related to thracian :P;)

How Bristol City are top? (Be pedantic if you want :rolleyes: )

From the 2 games that I've seen us play against them this season, they've been nothing short of average.

Doesnt matter if they are average or not i suppose,they are top whether we like it or not,I guess its just been their season so far,lack of injuries,scoring late goals,nicking winners against the run of play? I dunno?,not paid much attention in how there games have gone?,maybe a bristol city fan will let us know?

My guess is their a hard working side,with a good manager,who has the players playing the correct way,and constantly grind out results...and IMO thats what this league is all about,and is something we have not taken notice of at LC

I wish we were in there position thats for sure

Didn't listen to the game today, sounded as though we (BCFC) were very fortunate to get a point. You've played us when you've been in good form and us in mediocre and taken advantage (or not, today), when at other times we've ground out victories, although we usually at least match our opposition over the 90 minutes so far this season. Still, all the points add up, and if we beat Watford on Tuesday night we'll have at least a 3 point gap at the top of the league.

Congratulations for getting 4 points off us and all the best for the rest of the season.

Referee was shite... but they do a hard job don't they Ronald? >_< Oh and when SFM is back up I'll back you up that Basso is actually a top keeper. ;)

Half the forking Bristol fans were Liverpool fans.. Would they have that much at an away game if they was 15/16th?

How do you work that out?

Like Derby last year, they are just managing to keep themselves up there based on some pretty solid defending and counter attacking goals but that just simply won't work in the Premiership as Derby have shown. You have to have pace and quality in the Premiership and, with no disrespect, Bristol just don't have any.

Today, we ripped them to pieces but didn't take our chances and therefore only got a draw... imagine that performance from them against the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal... 6, 7 nil anyone?

IF Bristol City go up, then it'll be a quick one off and they'll be challenging Derby for being the worst Premiership team ever in terms of quality, points, goal difference... everything.

Good luck to you, but don't expect this crazy run of promotions and league performances to keep going.

You act as though you're revealing a revelation. We were poor yesterday and we accept that. Anyone with 2 consecutive promotions under their belt will struggle, especially if it results in a Premiership season. Going from bottom of league one just over 2 years ago to the Premiership, where we finish bottom/19th? Poor us.

lol bless him, theres always one :D:giggle:

Ohhh just saw your sig', i will chuck a few quid in 2 weeks for the cause,

Respect for running it and great cause

Thank you very much!

You act as though you're revealing a revelation. We were poor yesterday and we accept that. Anyone with 2 consecutive promotions under their belt will struggle, especially if it results in a Premiership season. Going from bottom of league one just over 2 years ago to the Premiership, where we finish bottom/19th? Poor us.

Yes, that maybe so, but I'm talking about how on earth THAT Bristol City team is top of THIS division as they simply aren't good enough and it just makes me think that they've been very lucky this season and that will run out next year when they meet FAR superior teams that will totally rip them to shreds.

Yes, that maybe so, but I'm talking about how on earth THAT Bristol City team is top of THIS division as they simply aren't good enough and it just makes me think that they've been very lucky this season and that will run out next year when they meet FAR superior teams that will totally rip them to shreds.

You make your own luck, you defend strongly, play resolutely and you never give up. When we go 1-0 up we very rarely concede, so we've won 13 games this season by the odd goal. Luck? No. Tactical ability on behalf of Johnson, a strong mentality, and being careful. When you consider this is exactly how last season went then it's definitely not luck. No team in this division is perfect, Gary Johnson gets the best out of his players and knows how to win games. Winning games gets you to the top of the league, so we deserve to be here. Next season we will get ripped to shreds, but so what.

You make your own luck, you defend strongly, play resolutely and you never give up. When we go 1-0 up we very rarely concede, so we've won 13 games this season by the odd goal. Luck? No. Tactical ability on behalf of Johnson, a strong mentality, and being careful. When you consider this is exactly how last season went then it's definitely not luck. No team in this division is perfect, Gary Johnson gets the best out of his players and knows how to win games. Winning games gets you to the top of the league, so we deserve to be here. Next season we will get ripped to shreds, but so what.

Yeah... you deserve to be there cause you've got more points that anyone else... but looking at the teams that everyone has in this division, you oughtn't be there at all on paper!

Then again... when does that ever make a difference in this league!

Yeah... you deserve to be there cause you've got more points that anyone else... but looking at the teams that everyone has in this division, you oughtn't be there at all on paper!

Then again... when does that ever make a difference in this league!

They said that about us when we were in the Prem with MON. They said we'd go straight back down. They said all sorts, to be fair. Who are we to say who should and shouldn't be top of this division after we stuck two fingers up at the establishment.

Archived