Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

Jordan Stewart

Why oh Why di he play today or Micky not take him off?

The lads shite, can't do anything right. He just looks so disinterested and he gives no effort. Can't run, can't tackle, can't pass can' do bloody anything. Wilcox aint much better, our left side is the down side of the team. The sooner we have Tiatto and Morris back the better.

Concidering we have a few older players, they ran more than him. Zimmer frame for Jordan stewart.

He wasnt even that bad. If he was so bad, how about you tell me some of the things he did wrong? He didnt do anything wrong, he played left back for 75 minutes, so what did you expect to him do? Cant run? On a few occasions he got back quickly and defended well from what i saw. Wilcox aint much better? Stewart > Wilcox i'm afraid. I aint saying he played good, far from it, but it wasnt a bad performance.

Gotta agree with Petrescu, Stewart is not that bad. Wilcox offered him no help in defence or going forward (when he hogged what little he saw of the ball). See how he performs with Makin or Tiatto before calling for his head.

Guest Daniel

Teeno by saying what you did your agreeing with me that Micky Adams aint got a clue, because if he had he wouldnt play such a shit player for that long...

;)

Teeno by saying what you did your agreeing with me that Micky Adams aint got a clue, because if he had he wouldnt play such a shit player for that long...

;)

I wasn't happy with Micky today.

Blake should of came on earlier, I'm not saying he would of changed the game but he would of took the work load of Connolly alowing him to play more.

Petrescu you can see no wrong in the young. Stewart was by far the worst player today. A lot of the time Wilcox was covering him and Stewart would be drifting off, he must of thought he was a center back. He missed kick the ball about 4 times. Did take anyone on and just did nothing.

He was playing left back, left backs should concentrate more on defending and Stewart did no wrong in his defensive play. Wilcox was shocking, every balls a long ball with him. I can see wrong in the young, i critise Stewart sometimes but he's had far far worse games than today, people just pick on him now.

He was playing left back, left backs should concentrate more on defending and Stewart did no wrong in his defensive play. Wilcox was shocking, every balls a long ball with him. I can see wrong in the young, i critise Stewart sometimes but he's had far far worse games than today, people just pick on him now.

Aww bless him, we're picking on him,

Poor Jordan. HE has had far worse game yes, but last season the only good game he had was Man City away.

I think the crowd get on Jordon Stewart to much. I'm not saying that he's amazing or anything but he really does try and do his best just like all the other 10 (well 9). I think he'll be alright this year, but only if Micky playes him in a more attacking mood. I feel that he is better attacking not defending. I think he didn't do that bad y'day. I didn't see Sherringham or Rebrov so the kid must of done something right....

I would say stewart did as much as scowcroft, scowcroft didm't take anybody on, scowcroft didn't put it any killer crosses that led to a goal. He had a lot of headers but didn't direct them and most went to the oppostition or out of play.

in my opinion Jordan was shocking yesterday, and scowcroft played really well. after watching the dvd of last time we were in div 1, i think scowcroft is a vital part of our team this year. he is not a premiership player, and last year and through the summer i have criticised him heavily, but i think he will be one of our most important players this year.

I thought Stewart did ok yesterday! When he was playing left wing he ran at defenders and gave the crowd a buzz, he also looked up for it.

When he moved to left back he looked dodgy at times but made no real bad mistakes.

Better than Wilcox.

Looking at all our signings IMO Wilcox is the weakest,never rated him 10 years ago.He can only be playing left back because Tiatto is suspended or Until Makin can switch to the left when Canero is 100% fit.Stewart always seems a confidence player to me and seems a better player away from home,he is still worth a place in the squad,unlike Wilcox.

The only good thing Stewart did was take on those 2 players in the first half, but then he got fragged by Dailly and did nothing all game. I don't think I've ever seen a consistent 90 minute performance from him, he can cross well (for ferdinand against Newcastle last season) but yesterday his crosses were mostly low ending up behind all our attackers. Its like he can't aim and its fluke when it comes off. He's crap at running aswell its like watching 'it's a knockout' waiting for him to fall over.

in my opinion Jordan was shocking yesterday, and scowcroft played really well. after watching the dvd of last time we were in div 1, i think scowcroft is a vital part of our team this year. he is not a premiership player, and last year and through the summer i have criticised him heavily, but i think he will be one of our most important players this year.

Agreed,

Stewart has NO composure. He is a fine example of a v good athlete pretending to be a footballer.

Distribution wise he offers nothing, Stewart PANICS when he's got the ball in our half - as he lacks good basic technical skills, he's sh-tting himself about losing it and being a liability (which he is). Personally I don't think he can cut it - he's been given enough chances and it's clear Jordan is living on borrowed time.

Take Scowcroft, he kept the ball very well, which is critical when we have 10 men. I can count at least 7-8 times when he had 4 West Ham players around him and he kept his cool. As for Stewart he'll never be able to do that - some of the younger members of the forum get blinded because Stewart has the occasional lucky run forward and they forget how costly it is to have someone who has no positional play and technical ability playing in our side.

End of B)

Why? He's did nothing wrong defensively, what are you basing it on, last seasons performances? Cause yesterday he put in a decent left back performance, not amazing, but far from shit. Wilcox on the other hand.. why not a thread about him?

Agreed,

Stewart has NO composure. He is a fine example of a v good athlete pretending to be a footballer.

Distribution wise he offers nothing, Stewart PANICS when he's got the ball in our half - as he lacks good basic technical skills, he's sh-tting himself about losing it and being a liability (which he is). Personally I don't think he can cut it - he's been given enough chances and it's clear Jordan is living on borrowed time.

Take Scowcroft, he kept the ball very well, which is critical when we have 10 men. I can count at least 7-8 times when he had 4 West Ham players around him and he kept his cool. As for Stewart he'll never be able to do that - some of the younger members of the forum get blinded because Stewart has the occasional lucky run forward and they forget how costly it is to have someone who has no positional play and technical ability playing in our side.

End of B)

Above,

I'm very worried that he's going to give away a lot of crosses.

Rebrov was shocking yesterday, if Stewart was up aginast a decent winger there could be problems. I would like to nip it in the bud.

Stewart as a winger I can accept. Wilcox is also Poo I agree.

Lets hope Taitto and Morris can liven the left up when they are available.

Stewart is a good player, however he has not sorted that out in his own mind. What is worse is that MA continues to play him without helping the mental side of Stewart's game. Net result is that Stewart underperforms, MA does nothing about it and we get on Stewart's back. He is a wing-back in a 4-4-2 system, much like Impey. <_<

Crikey Steven, not having a go at Adams AGAIN are we?

Has Stewart improved since MA has been at City? If the answer is no, then what are the coaching staff doing to change that?

I am still miffed I was not on your list. <_< :rolleyes: :lol: ;)

Crikey Steven, not having a go at Adams AGAIN are we?

Has Stewart improved since MA has been at City? If the answer is no, then what are the coaching staff doing to change that?

I am still miffed I was not on your list. <_< :rolleyes: :lol: ;)

I am an all but then i knew he didnt know me too well when he called me Rotherham instead of Rov Rum.

petrescu take your blue tinted spectacles off for a second. everyone wants to see young players come through and make the grade but sometimes we have to accept when a player isnt good enough.

stewart has had bags of potential for 3 seasons now and he has not delivered. in our promotion season he showed sporadic signs of ability but could not consistently perform. too often he trips over the ball when dribbling, too often he gives the ball away, too often he does not deliver.

sorry jordan but your not good enough.

Whats wrong with some people on here? They prefer Wilcox to Stewart. Stewart has so mcuh potential but he aint filling it because you slag him off. He needs confidence we have seen what he can do 2 years ago and when he first burst onto the scene.

how long do you give a player to reach their potential? he has had three years now and not delivered to a consistent standard. potential means nothing when you've got players in the team who've been there and done it.

you say about stewart bursting onto the scene but i think your overhyping, the impact he made was very minimal.

saying that stewart has not fulfilled his potential due to a lack of support is complete rubbish. if the guy was good enough he would be performing to a consistent level.

i love leicester and want to see young leicester lads coming through and making the grade but sometimes you have to accept that a played isnt up to it.

may i also add that if jordan is selected for city i will support him as much as possible because i want my team to do well but its not going to change my opinion about the guy.

Archived