Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Forgotten bands

Very rarely played in the Fan Club on a Friday night, but it used to make my evening if they played it.

Never realised how cheesy the video was though.... :ph34r:

This is a piece of near genius. No video, sadly, but personally I think that would detract from its magnificence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5dK9FNPgA4

Noel Gallagher's favourite song ever, apparently

Sorry but thats complete garbage, unless its a comedy record?

Just a terrible imitation of the kinks and the small faces.

That was the genius of Herman's Hermits - they ripped off the Small Faces by having a number one with that before Marriott and co had even released a record. If that's not visionary, I don't know what is.

I bloody hate the Small Faces.

Lisa, that Animotion video is marvellous. I'd completely forgotten about that record

Another Gallagher favourite. The dancing milk bottles gave Noel the idea for 'Some Might Say', and the shots of live footage near the end were the inspiration for 'Familiar To Millions'. Keen eyed viewers may spot a young Gem Archer dancing in the night club scenes.

Another Gallagher favourite. The dancing milk bottles gave Noel the idea for 'Some Might Say', and the shots of live footage near the end were the inspiration for 'Familiar To Millions'. Keen eyed viewers may spot a young Gem Archer dancing in the night club scenes.

Random Story Alert - My sister was a red coat at Butlins about 11 years ago; she says Black Lace are a pair of dirty old men, who cannot keep their hands to themselves.

That was the genius of Herman's Hermits - they ripped off the Small Faces by having a number one with that before Marriott and co had even released a record. If that's not visionary, I don't know what is.

I bloody hate the Small Faces.

Lisa, that Animotion video is marvellous. I'd completely forgotten about that record

You hate the SF but like Herman Hermits, thats classic. :crylaugh:

Random Story Alert - My sister was a red coat at Butlins about 11 years ago; she says Black Lace are a pair of dirty old men, who cannot keep their hands to themselves.

Well, there's only half the risk now. I think one of them died when the Smokey tour bus crashed. I think I'm thinking of the right people, anyway.

You hate the SF but like Herman Hermits, thats classic. :crylaugh:

It is, isn't it? Did I mention that I can't stand Paul Weller as well?

You can all stop now, I've got the winner.

I never really got into them (not that I tried that hard), but I quite like that.

You don't hear this much:

Very rarely played in the Fan Club on a Friday night, but it used to make my evening if they played it.

Never realised how cheesy the video was though.... :ph34r:

Not ever so rare , i only know it because Fan club have played when ive been there

Another 80s classic. Crap video though.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Another 80s classic. Crap video though.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Hardly forgotten though!!!

When I was younger and angry at mummy and daddy I listened to:-

compulsion

senser

When I had calmed down I went all lovey dovey:-

The Sundays

Mazzy star (for all you grunge chicks out there)

And when I wanted to party is there anything better than eurotrash:-

Twenty4seven

How silly I was!

There, I feel I have successfully retrieved some truly forgotten music there.

Should bring back some memories though.

I've owned all these songs at one time or another - I'm not proud!

*Except Patsy's little ditty - I'm not THAT shameless!

I owned (or at least taped off the radio or my brother's singles) all of them, apart from the last two - I always hated that Dream Academy(?) one. I bought a Strawberry Switchblade compilation recently so I could put that track on my much maligned and rarely eagerly anticipated Christmas compilation

There, I feel I have successfully retrieved some truly forgotten music there.

Should bring back some memories though.

I've owned all these songs at one time or another - I'm not proud!

*Except Patsy's little ditty - I'm not THAT shameless!

What is this 'One hit wonders thread'??

But seriously the 80's really were a terrible time for music but the thing is it pretty much walks over the must of the 00's.

All the nick kershaw, howard jones stuff was awful. But the more I see/listen to it, I'd rather see artists like them who were out and out pop than some so called indie bands like the pigeon detectives singing about the same things but because they have a guitar then they are considered cooler...Bollocks, give me alphabeat anyday.

Archived