Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeeCovFox

Album of You.

I'm going to have a crack at this.

1. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

This song would be played by the school band at the end of each term. I get a nostalgic feel about being back at school when listening to this song.

2. Oasis - Wonderwall

The song that started my Oasis obsession. (Whats The Story) Morning Glory is still one of my favourite albums.

3. Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight

Hearing this song was the catalyst for me to start learning to play guitar.

4. Rage Against The Machine - Guerilla Radio

Going through a rebellious phase this would be most played on my mp3 player.

5. Radiohead - No Surprises

I raided my mates CD collection once, and 'borrowed' OK Computer. He still hasn't had the disc back to this day. It's hard to choose one song from it, but No Surprises is a song personal to me.

6. R.E.M - Nightswimming

I'm unsure as to how I first heard this song, but its such a great tune to lie back and chill out to.

7. Fountains of Wayne - Hackensack

For me this song is far better than Stacey's Mom.

8. David Gray - This Year's Love

One of my soppy choices. Simply a beautiful song.

9. Death Cab For Cutie - Crooked Teeth

This was a song that someone said to me 'What do you think of this'. Well it makes me feel good, its an uplifting tune.

10. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

The song that started my Pink Floyd addition off. They are without doubt my favourite band.

My effort in no particular order.

1: The Specials - Too Much Too Young.

I sing this to half of my friends :D & I just love the Specials. Who doesn't?

2: The Levellers - One Way.

Because "theres only one way of life & thats your own" great band.

3: Bob Marley - Iron Lion Zion.

I love me some Bob & this was the song I remember most vividly from my childhood, while I was lying next to a switched on hoover enjoying the relaxing vibrations like the peculiar child I was!

4: Prodigy - Poison.

My fave from the prodigy reminds me of way back as a nipper

5: REM - Bad Day.

I love REM or more used to & this was my favourite, until this came out it was Everybody Hurts.

6: Chuck Berry - You Never Can Tell.

I like a bit of the Berry it was a toss up between this & "No Particular Place To Go" this sneaks home because it was on the Pulp Fiction soundtrack which is one of my top three films!

7: The Smiths - Sweet And Tender Hooligan.

I could of picked any from twenty of my favourite Smiths tracks my favourite band by some distance & have got me through some tough times.

8:The Clash - White Riot

Just an amazing band that will never be matched again, it was a toss up between this & Bankrobber & this suits my manic nature better.

9:Johnny Cash - Walk The Line

I love a bit of Johnny Cash it was a tossup between this Ring Of Fire & Folsom Prison Blues. Ring of fire because I used to sing it to my best mates daughter to make her laugh & I never see him anymore!

10: Eurythmics - Thorn In My Side

This is a bit cheesy but I had a few eurythmics albums as a pre-teen they were one of my fave bands. :D

11: Siouxsie And The Banshees - Spellbound

Again another band I loved pre my teens & it was between this & Hong Kong Gardens & this was on an album called Absolution that I rinsed at primary school.

12: Nirvana - Lake Of Fire

The MTV Unplugged version of this still captivates me simply awesome.

13: Alanis Morrisette - Right Through You

A bit girly but I loved the Jagged Little Pill album ever since it came out, I still rinse it every now & again now.

14: The Jam - A Town Called Malice

The most obvious but thats simply because its the best love the jam love this song & the lyrics "stop dreamin' of the quiet life 'cos its a one we'll never no".

15: Adam & The Ants - Dog Eat Dog

Love the Ants in particular Adam if I could carry it off I would dress like him! lol

I'll probaly be feeling guilty at a load of songs & bands I missed out pretty soon because thats how I am (I actually don't want to press the add reply button because I know I've forgotten something lol) but thats my album off the top of my head!

Through The Wire - Kanye West - First and favourite Kanye song.

Wonderwall - Oasis - Uncle gave me this tape and I bummed this song, always sing it when im pissed with my mates aswell.

If Your Not The One - Daniel Bedingfield - Favourite love song.

Naive - The Kooks - When this came out a few summers ago it was our summer song and it was a class summer.

This Is The Girl - Kano and Craig David - Class. Favourite song.

I'll Be Missing You - P. Diddy and Faith Evans - Makes me think of things.

Strong - Robbie Williams - Robbie Williams when I was younger used to be my favourite singer and this was my favourite song he sung, doesnt get the recognision it deserves.

Goodbye My Lover - James Blunt - Class.

Raindrops - Stunt - First time I went town this was the song of the night.

Living For The Weekend - Hard-Fi - Says it all about me at the minute.

Mockingbird - Eminem - Best rap song ever.

She's Electric - Oasis - She's electric really.

1. Cool for cats - Squeeze

Was addicted to this song as a kid , mainly as it was the music to a advert for milk ! At V Fest last month Squeeze played this song , memories came flooding back .

2. Sonnet - The Verve

Always been a big Verve fan and remember singing this whenever it would be on the radio from the day it was released right to the present day , another song i saw live last month

3. Live Forever - Oasis

Sitting in maths with a mate of mine pretending to be the Gallagher brothers singing this classic , love it

4 . Wind of change - Scorpians

Beautiful song that was a favorite of mine since childhood

5. Walkaway - Cast

After losing on penalties to the Germans in euro 96 the BBC played this in the closing credits , i was absolutley inconsolable and hearing this great tune didnt help

6. Blinded by the sun - Seahorses

Not really any memories that take me back to this song but 1 that stands out for me in a decade that holds many , loved the Seahorses and love is the law was just pipped by this

7. This charming man - The Smiths

Fantastic song that came back in to the memory once me Robbo and the lads started doing the 80s room on a friday night in fan club , we head for the podium and have a bloody good sway along to this

8. I Dont know much but i know i love you - Aaron Neville and Linda Rondstadt

Street cred will go down the swanny with this story . A female at school loved this song and having listened to it a few times i decided to have a crack at singing it to her , she was well impressed and got me a snog at the top of the mud hill . job done :cool:

9. Dance with my father - Luther Vandross

Lyrics are brilliantly written in this , losing my Dad in 1990 was huge moment in my life and maybe you could say the experience is a big factor in the man i am now , not got a great deal of memories of my dad but this songs takes me back to the few i have.

10 . I Swear - All 4 one

April 2007 , we reached the cup final . Sitting in the dressing room before hand with a young side looking nervous me and our goalkeeper who were the veterens at 26 / 27 we decided to sing this as loud as we could , humour level was fantastic and we went on to win 2-0 !!

11. Drinking in L.A. - Bran Vann 3000

Tenerife 98 , every bloody night !!

12. The day we caught the Train - Ocean Colour Scene

At the time this came out i was seeing a girl in Walsall and as i had to visit her by train it always takes me back to the mid 90s

13 Tracks of my tears - Smokey Robinson

No other reason than that i love it and wanted it included !!

14 . Rocking all over the world - Status Quo

94, 96, 97 , 2000 , NEED I SAY MORE :thumbup:

These tracks are not generally my top 14 tracks of all time !!!! Just ones that generally stand out .

Hope you enjoy the read as much as ive enjoyed reading the others !!

10 . I Swear - All 4 one

April 2007 , we reached the cup final . Sitting in the dressing room before hand with a young side looking nervous me and our goalkeeper who were the veterens at 26 / 27 we decided to sing this as loud as we could , humour level was fantastic and we went on to win 2-0 !!

I just think of TPH and the karaoke. With backing "vocals" by Carl. :ph34r:

TPH - Album of Me

Gutter/Stars.

1. Celine Dion - Think Twice.

To this day I can't stand the actual song really, but it's just one which reminds me of school discos etc and other things which can't possibly have all been at the same time, but this song somehow reminds me of them all.

2. Bryan Adams - Everything I do (I do it for you)

Again, this was a big hit when I was young and reminds me of playing football at the park with my mates, falling out of trees, playing conkers and wanting to be Robin Hood.

3. Hefner - Hymn for the Things we didn't do.

The difference between 'things we didn't do' and 'things we haven't done yet' is the point here. It's a song which encapsulates a range of emotions and frustrations all packaged up with some fairly loose guitar playing and a voice which has many people asking 'this must be a joke?' - I could not only have written this at points, but could probably have a decent stab at playing and singing it. It's probably part of the way the song draws you in. Anyway, it's certainly one which resonates.

4. Bob Dylan - Standing in the Doorway.

Confusion and frustration once more... ' don't know if I saw you, If I'd kiss you or kill you... probably don't matter, anyhow'..

Musically and melodically it's not one of Dylan's more enterprising nor catchy songs, but that's not really what this is about.

5. Dire Straits - Romeo & Juliet

Because I've listened to this song a lot and I just really like it... and that's that. One of my most listened to tracks.

6. Forever Blowing Bubbles - the way the Hammers sing it.

Very strange choice I know, but my best friend is a Hammers fan and so is his entire family. His brother, who was a close friend of mine, died aged 27 a few years ago and this song just always always puts me in mind of him straight away. I can't listen to more than a few seconds of them starting up without welling up. He was a huge Hammers fan and a top bloke and he died far too young.

7. Leonard Cohen - Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye

Your eyes are soft with sorrow - hey, that's no way to say goodbye.

8. Matchbox 20 - Push

'I don't know if I've ever been good enough'... etc etc.

Bit teenage angst-y maybe. Still love this track now.

9. Shaggy - Boombastic

10. ZZTop- Sharp Dressed Man

11. BeastieBoys - Intergalactic (Soulwax mix).

I love going out with friends, boozing, wearing an awful shirt, throwing some shapes and all the rest of it.

Whilst I'm getting ready to go out, I'll be playing these three tracks.

12. Libertines - Oh, What Became of the Likely Lads.

This just resonates and applies in a couple of cases where people I was pretty tight with.. well, it's become a bit ridiculous really. I'm sure if we met for a beer, things could be back to normal within 10 minutes, too much water under the bridge though.....

13. RHCP - Under the Bridge

What a track. There was a period when RHCP were pretty much all I listened to - and this was probably my favourite track.

14. Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline/Love on the Rocks.

I'm including both as they are amazing and encapsulate the two extremes. Meeting, excitement, positivity - and the bitter end.

15. BoyzIIMen - End of the Road.

I just like it and I'm going to put it in. It's my list and my rules.

16. Meredith Brooks - Bitch.

Yeah. Right on, Mez.

17. Elton John - Your Song

18. Billy Ray Cyrus - Achey Breaky Heart

19. Meat Loaf - 2/3 Ain't Bad

Those three are included as I'm likely to be found doing them at karoake, thinking I'm far far better than I am.

Hmmm...

1. Time For Heroes- The Libertines

My favourite song from probably my favorite band.

2. Middle Of Nowhere- Hot Hot Heat

Remember hearing this song for the first time on the radio and loved it straight away.

3. Milk- Kings Of Leon

Great vocals, great tune.

4. Killamangiro- Babyshambles

This song was always playing in the 6th form center back in the day. Great memories.

5. Boston- Augustana

Piano and vocals are superb. Relaxing tune.

6. Speeding Cars- Imogen Heap

Me and a mate always sang this word for word while on drunken walks home during uni. Random...great memories.

7. Still Fighting It- Ben Folds

Fantastic and touching song.

8. Ok, Time For Plan B- Enter Shikari

Has to be a little something more aggressive on an ideal album. This song always gets me pumped.

9. Fair- Remy Zero

Gorgeous song. Garden State classic.

10. Shoot The Poets- The Cribs

My favourite band of the moment. Great song.

11. The Adventure- Angels And Airwaves.

Always lifts my mood.

12. Helicopter- Bloc Party

Good memories from 6th form days. Love it.

13. Don't Look Away- Joshua Radin

Soft and touching. Fantastic.

14. The Bucket- Kings Of Leon

Doubt there's anyone who doesn't like this song. Awesome.

:D

Archived