Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Eminem - King Mathers

I'm hoping for another "Till I Collapse" and "The Way I Am", but I know I'm clutching at straws here.

King Mathers sounds a bit shit, but we shall see.

I absolutely love that track. If ever I had to put together a compilation of my favourite tracks (a la that other thread on this forum), that'd most certainly be in there. Brilliant stuff.

I have to say, I much prefer his older stuff. His newer stuff was really quite bad and I felt it was trying to appeal to a different audience, not the audience he had aimed his other stuff at. Hoping that his new album is more like that old stuff, and I have to say with his pal being killed and Dre's son dying (I'm sure I didn't dream that?), he certainly has enough motivation to pull out something resembling his old material. Well, I hope so anyway.

I have to say, I much prefer his older stuff. His newer stuff was really quite bad and I felt it was trying to appeal to a different audience, not the audience he had aimed his other stuff at. Hoping that his new album is more like that old stuff, and I have to say with his pal being killed and Dre's son dying (I'm sure I didn't dream that?), he certainly has enough motivation to pull out something resembling his old material. Well, I hope so anyway.

Unfortunately, I think he needs to find the balance between being angry but a bit reflective.

He's lost it a bit. I hope for a return to form, but won't be holding my breath.

Unfortunately, I think he needs to find the balance between being angry but a bit reflective.

He's lost it a bit. I hope for a return to form, but won't be holding my breath.

Much the same as I'm feeling, really. He certainly has the motivation there in terms of anger and being reflective because of needless personal tragedy and the fact that this will more than likely be his final album at the end of his career.

If reports are to be believed, then a lot of his new stuff is quite similar to his older stuff. It remains to be seen obviously, but reports and interviews by various people suggest that it's a promising project.

His much anticipated album is supposed to come out by the end of this year.

Em' is phenomenal. Another record sale for the bloke hopefully - If it's anything like Marshall Mathers LP, then it's gonna make history. On the other hand, it could be another ****ing Encore.

Whatever happens, nobody can take away what this man has done. He's a genius.

Im not the biggest rap/ ip hop fan, but EM is amazing, for example the lyrics in the way i am are amazing, thats all i have to say :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
Oh and this had 900 downloads in half an hour when it was put up on the net yesterday.

Thats crazy.

That man will get crazy downloads whatever he does.

Akon is the same on the RnB stage.

Akons no where near the RnB equivalent of Eminem.

Not even close.

Akon is relatively new, compared to Eminem who's been around for a decade or so in the mainstream.

Fast forward 10 years, and I believe Akon will be a respected figure in the RnB world.

Akon is relatively new, compared to Eminem who's been around for a decade or so in the mainstream.

Fast forward 10 years, and I believe Akon will be a respected figure in the RnB world.

Respected like R-Kelly?

Wont ever achieve that sort of status I dont think, too one dimensional.

I know you didnt compare him to R-Kelly, but thats the sort of level he'd need to achieve to be a similar equivalent of Eminem in the RnB genre.

If that makes sense.

:P

Kells is a genius in his field. You can't argue against his work, some of it are masterpieces.

Will not be as great as Kells, but he will go a long way. I agree though, he needs to change the direction his going with his lyrics and music. On the other hand, he's a bit unique in his style, he not a Usher or a any other RnB artist. :)

Archived