Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Pokémon Ruby

How so?

Turn based battles, you play the role of a Pokémon trainer, Level grinding, lots of Text!

What else is there?

I dunno, mh, I always figured games needed a sense of character development to be proper RPGs. I mean games like Deus Ex, typically an FPS, has oft' been considered an RPG because of the nature of it's progression.

Games like Baldurs Gate, of course, Final Fantasy, et cetera; they're what I'd classify as true RPGs? But then people consider Zelda an RPG and to me I've always just seen that as a sort of adventure / puzzler? :dunno:

I dunno, mh, I always figured games needed a sense of character development to be proper RPGs. I mean games like Deus Ex, typically an FPS, has oft' been considered an RPG because of the nature of it's progression.

Games like Baldurs Gate, of course, Final Fantasy, et cetera; they're what I'd classify as true RPGs? But then people consider Zelda an RPG and to me I've always just seen that as a sort of adventure / puzzler? :dunno:

Zelda is and Adventure/Action RPG.

But Pokémon is character developmnent (but your montsers are the ones that develop). A 'proper'RPG in any sense of the word!

Archived