Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

FA Cup Ticket Prices - Crystal Palace

Proportionally cheaper prices for the whole of the league season, that is the reward of having a season ticket surely. :dunno: The club couldn't survive without selling season tickets so I respect that a hell of a lot of people make the effort to buy it in the first place and go 23 times a season. But also the club would be in a very poor financial state if no other fans made the effort and I just don't understand why non-season ticket holders don't get the same prices in this type of game. Don't get me wrong, in the league it's obviously fairer than STH are proportionally cheaper but why in the cup.

Most cherished and important fans? Probably pumping the most money into the club?? :dunno:

Proportionally cheaper prices for the whole of the league season, that is the reward of having a season ticket surely. :dunno: The club couldn't survive without selling season tickets so I respect that a hell of a lot of people make the effort to buy it in the first place and go 23 times a season. But also the club would be in a very poor financial state if no other fans made the effort and I just don't understand why non-season ticket holders don't get the same prices in this type of game. Don't get me wrong, in the league it's obviously fairer than STH are proportionally cheaper but why in the cup.

To be fair, I don't have a ST like you, and would probably never consider having one again, but they do deserve discounts for home games.

I know its a similar situation but away games piss me off, the priorities should be based upon how many aways you've done not if your a member/STH.

Surely the people who go to every home game deserve some sort of reward?

Average price for a home game with an ST is £13. Without it's £23.

So if a Non ST holder goes to 13 home games (maybe likely especially if it's a lump sum of money or work issue stopping buying an ST). The will have given the club the same amount of money as an ST holder.

Yet they still have to pay more for Cup games, get lower priority for other tickets...

To me it seems weird as a business model, compared with most companies, to punish non regulars in favour of regulars (maybe makes loyalty sense, but not business).

Think I'm being odd, here are just some examples:

I subscribe to Empire magazine, every time I renew my subscription I get... bugger all... If any of you were to be a new subscriber today, you would get Far Cry 2 for your chosen format FREE.

Tesco DVD Rental - I use this service but every month I am given "upto £50 off" vouchers for it... for NEW users... not for me!

Sky TV - I pay full price for it all... new subscribers get it half-price for 3-6 months... Where's my long term user discount. There ain't one!

If you get my point, most business actively encourage non-users to buy their product with discounts and incentives... Whilst their users are left with the service as is (but if they don't like it they can stop). Why is football always different!?

I don't like the whole £5 extra for non-STHs either. You know the score at the start of every season when you buy a ST - it's for league games only and it works out a lot cheaper than if you went to buy tickets on a match-by-match basis. You get your rewards for stumping up the cash up front, and that's fair enough. But that doesn't entitle you to cheaper tickets in the cup, and I do think that the club (by trying to appease the STHs) are testing the patience of those of us who aren't STHs.

I don't like the whole £5 extra for non-STHs either. You know the score at the start of every season when you buy a ST - it's for league games only and it works out a lot cheaper than if you went to buy tickets on a match-by-match basis. You get your rewards for stumping up the cash up front, and that's fair enough. But that doesn't entitle you to cheaper tickets in the cup, and I do think that the club (by trying to appease the STHs) are testing the patience of those of us who aren't STHs.

Your moaning because we are saving £5.

Im a STH and i think we should be given free cup tickets like Birmingham's STH are.

I have shown loyalty to the club through all these years of shit, i think STHs should be given more benefit not less.

Why is football always different!?

Because traditionally it has not been a 'product'.

Some people may wish to view it that way but I'm betting the majority of people who hold ST's currently don't see it that way.

Not only that but clubs at our level are hardly making vast profits, consequently if you are going to give benefits it will be inefficient to do them as one offs to transient supporters whereas offering them to ST holders may encourage other people to see an ST as beneficial to them the following season.

It's pretty irrelevant to me now seeing as I'll not be renewing my ST next season. More than ever I've come round to the viewpoint, as you allude to, that football is now nothing more than a product. I don't think I'm alone.

I share the same opinion, I respect the club must keep the STH's on side but I just think they can do it in different ways, like improving the monthly benefits scheme or simply making them cheaper to start with. Like you say this price structure for the club is testing the patience of some non-STH's like ourselves.

Archived