Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ultra

TEAM FOR SWINDON

hmmmm.

Actually if he did sit on the bench it would probably snap from his weight.

Sit him on the floor near the bench :thumbup:

Howard looked a little tired, didn't seem to be jumping or winning headers yesterday, bench him.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but you're abusing the privilege.

I genuinely hope that you don't really believe most of the drivel you come out with and are just saying it for a reaction?! :unsure:

hmmmm.

Actually if he did sit on the bench it would probably snap from his weight.

Sit him on the floor near the bench :thumbup:

Howard looked a little tired, didn't seem to be jumping or winning headers yesterday, bench him.

The Oldham game was the first I had seen since Xmas and I thought Howard looked trimmer than previously. I don't know his weight or anything but he didn't look in bad shape to me. Definitely need him in the side anyway.

The team, and the defence in particular, has been overloaded with young players in recent weeks.

Bringing in Powell restores the balance between youth and experience.

That "overloaded young defence" has conceded 9 goals in the last 14 games? How would bringing in Powell be a positive move? Or one that was likely to improve that record?

The Oldham game was the first I had seen since Xmas and I thought Howard looked trimmer than previously. I don't know his weight or anything but he didn't look in bad shape to me. Definitely need him in the side anyway.

Hes heavy believe me, hes laid on top of me naked :thumbup:

That "overloaded young defence" has conceded 9 goals in the last 14 games? How would bringing in Powell be a positive move? Or one that was likely to improve that record?

As we found last season, statistics don't always tell the full story about the quality of the defence.

The back four has lacked stability and leadership in recent games, particularly the closing minutes at Northampton and the second half against Oldham. Powell would provide both these qualities in abundance.

Martin

Cleverley Hobbs Morrison Mattock

Oakley King Berner Gradel

Howard Fryatt

Subs: GK, Gilbert, Dyer, Chambers & Hayles.

Yeah that team makes sense to me, no Gilbert and Dyer as i think they've been the week links lately. I would like to see Chambers or Hayles start on the left instead of Gradel tho.

As we found last season, statistics don't always tell the full story about the quality of the defence.

The back four has lacked stability and leadership in recent games, particularly the closing minutes at Northampton and the second half against Oldham. Powell would provide both these qualities in abundance.

Hate to be a c*** but Powell came on for the final few minutes against Northampton and we still had the jitters. Just like at Scunny too.

I know this wont happen but:

Martin

Morrison Brown Hobbs

Gradel Oakely King Dyer/Mattock

Cleverly

Howard Fryatt

We hardly concede any goals so i cant really see the defence changing except at left back but it would be interesting to see all 3 centre mids play together instead of wasting one of them out of position. Gradel brings a bit of flare so why not give him a run! anyone agree or is this a bit too far? haha

yes but we aren't exactly struggling in defence are we

I know this wont happen but:

Martin

Morrison Brown Hobbs

Gradel Oakely King Dyer/Mattock

Cleverly

Howard Fryatt

We hardly concede any goals so i cant really see the defence changing except at left back but it would be interesting to see all 3 centre mids play together instead of wasting one of them out of position. Gradel brings a bit of flare so why not give him a run! anyone agree or is this a bit too far? haha

that system would work better if you flipped Oakley and Cleverley as Oakley offers more going forward

He just ain't gonna do it.

He'll want our best side out Saturday and 44 points from our last 17 unbeaten league games (out of a possible 51) says our best team is the one he's been choosing, bar injuries.

Irrespective of current form people like Howard, Oakley, Dyer, King have been virtually ever present in that time. Gilbert's also been mostly there apart from injury so, when push comes to shove, the boss will stick with people who've delivered more points than we've collected for years in such a short time.

Pearson's no gambler. If he chooses his familiar team and has to change it few would reasonably complain.

But if he changes things dramatically and loses the game he'll be everything daft and guilty of over-reacting.

He'll stay safe. And anyone hoping to force their way into the side will have to do it gradually when the opportunity arises. Pity though. Porter, Gradel? Both should be more involved but they're not. And otherwise our squad seriously flatters to deceive.

There may be numbers but, of the 35 squad names listed in the Oldham programme I'd say at least 18 had no chance of playing.

Spot on. Thats been the situation for ages, would someone also please tell me where Aman Verma is, I would understand if we bought him on a permanent as one for the future but we got him on loan, which normally hints he will play games for us.

Spot on. Thats been the situation for ages, would someone also please tell me where Aman Verma is, I would understand if we bought him on a permanent as one for the future but we got him on loan, which normally hints he will play games for us.

no we signed him on a free transfer until the end of the season it was never a loan

WAH IS EVERYONE ONABOUT? WERE SHITE WIFOUT STEVIE HOWARD UP FRONT WIF MATTY

Hendo/ Martin

Gilbert

Morrison

Hobbs

Berner

Oakley

King

Cleverley

Dyer

Howard

Fryatt

Subs: Brown, Hendo/Martin, Gradel , Dickov and Mattock

I'd settle for NP naming the same eleven, if he'd promise to use his subs. Against Oldham the entire midfield and forward line seemed to run out of energy pretty much as soon as Mr Wide-ass went in goal. Exactly the moment when we needed speed and distribution up front to expose the man advantage. It wouldn't exactly have been throwing away our winning formula to make an early substitution to bring on a midfielder with some legs against a side with ten men, would it? If it's nil each after 82 minutes against Swindon tomorrow and we still haven't got Max Gradel or Bruno Berner on the field I'll be a little peeved. Anyone else?

We have one of the largest squads in the division. So let's make use of that depth and freshen up the side in key areas.

Gilbert and Dyer have looked jaded for a while. So it makes sense to give them a break in order to prepare them for key games which lie ahead in coming weeks.

This is the side I'd go for..:

Martin

Cleverley

Hobbs

Morrison

Powell

Oakley

Berner

King

Gradel

Howard

Fryatt

Subs: Logan/Pentney, Edworthy, Brown, Mattock, Chambers

i don't see why people like gradel. he always loses the ball

Hopefully Steve Howard will have a dead leg and won't be able to play. :thumbup:

Ive frankly had enough of the useless, slow, lazy, shit Derby bastard really.

you are either making a shit attempt at sarcasm or are just a clueless dumb ****

Powell's got enough problems doing his job as a left-back these days without taking on leadership responsibilities. remarkable as he is, he offers very little going forward now and Mattock has shown signs of improving that aspect of his game as we all know he can.

In central defence I've been as satisfied as was ever likely with Hobbs and Morrison. While they're never going to be pass masters, they've been always been dogged and sometimes dominating defenders with Hobbs quite outstanding at Northampton.

My major concern has been Gilbert, not that Pearson is likely to change him.

His close control seems lacking and he just doesn't seem quite the footballer he was for the first three months of his time here. I'm really wondering if Cleverley might represent an improvement although I'm still not writing him off as a central midfielder given a bit more time in the team.

Bottom line though is that our team as a whole needs to increase its tempo not slow it down with veterans.

I would prefer to see Cleverley play a midfield central role, would like to see him run at opposition defences.

I don't think that there are many defences in this division that could cope with someone surging forward as Mark Davis was able to show.

Think Dyer should be given a rest, he's not been doing anything of use the past few games.

Gilbert also does not seem to have impressed lately, could be time for him to have a break also.

Just hope that Howard and Fryatt are on the same wavelength today, unlike last Saturday!

This is a game we need to win today to maintain our points gap at the top.

I would prefer to see Cleverley play a midfield central role, would like to see him run at opposition defences.

I don't think that there are many defences in this division that could cope with someone surging forward as Mark Davis was able to show.

Think Dyer should be given a rest, he's not been doing anything of use the past few games.

Gilbert also does not seem to have impressed lately, could be time for him to have a break also.

Just hope that Howard and Fryatt are on the same wavelength today, unlike last Saturday!

This is a game we need to win today to maintain our points gap at the top.

but what says Cleverly is that player?, he seems more of a midfield spoiler from what I've seen so far, agree about Dywer and Gilbert though

Archived