Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What floats my boat.....

Running in a rain storm. Liberating.

I was meant to do that yesterday but left my shoes outside from a run the day before and they were soaked :cry: I had visions of messing up my feet in the first five minutes and now being able to run for DAYS. Need to train for the Paris Marathon, I haven't run for far too long.

heaven in a tub

It really is delightful.

Need to train for the Paris Marathon, I haven't run for far too long.

Marathon? Paris? Wow. I take it your not doing Windsor then? I'm a bit nervous about Windsor, have developed "runner's knee" and am going trekking in Morocco a week after the half. Will keep training but may end up pulling out if my knee keeps playing up.

I was meant to do that yesterday but left my shoes outside from a run the day before and they were soaked :cry: I had visions of messing up my feet in the first five minutes and now being able to run for DAYS. Need to train for the Paris Marathon, I haven't run for far too long.

Marathon? Paris? Wow. I take it your not doing Windsor then? I'm a bit nervous about Windsor, have developed "runner's knee" and am going trekking in Morocco a week after the half. Will keep training but may end up pulling out if my knee keeps playing up.

I was going to ask what was going on!! When is this marathon? Good luck!

It's the Paris marathon on April 11th next year! My housemate is doing the Berlin marathon in September and she ambushed me when I was a little tipsy and I agreed to do the Paris one. I'm starting training now so I don't leave it too late. I'm doing this followed by this, haha. I missed Windsor, it got full!

It's the Paris marathon on April 11th next year! My housemate is doing the Berlin marathon in September and she ambushed me when I was a little tipsy and I agreed to do the Paris one. I'm starting training now so I don't leave it too late. I'm doing this followed by this, haha. I missed Windsor, it got full!

Whoops! On all counts.

This half marathon is recommended as part of the prep for those doing London. Don't know if it's something that is of interest to you, but as Paris and London are usually a week apart, I thought I would throw it in. If you are looking for a 20 miler, and are back in the Midlands, the Ashby 20 is used by a lot of locals as part of their marathon training.

Whoops! On all counts.

This half marathon is recommended as part of the prep for those doing London. Don't know if it's something that is of interest to you, but as Paris and London are usually a week apart, I thought I would throw it in. If you are looking for a 20 miler, and are back in the Midlands, the Ashby 20 is used by a lot of locals as part of their marathon training.

On that day I've got a 22-23m run scheduled in! I'm going to look for some stuff around though, maybe some half marathons when I've got a 14 mile run scheduled in or something.

On that day I've got a 22-23m run scheduled in! I'm going to look for some stuff around though, maybe some half marathons when I've got a 14 mile run scheduled in or something.

Runners World and Fetch Everyone both have good websites for looking for races and all that jive. Fetch Everyone is even better, because you can log all your training runs, and you can set it up to tell you when you need to buy new shoes and the like.

The very first time you run 20 miles will be soul destroying, especially if you do it on your own. And if Sir Fynwy reads this, I don't care if you managed 15 miles, I still class it as on my own.

Runners World and Fetch Everyone both have good websites for looking for races and all that jive. Fetch Everyone is even better, because you can log all your training runs, and you can set it up to tell you when you need to buy new shoes and the like.

The very first time you run 20 miles will be soul destroying, especially if you do it on your own. And if Sir Fynwy reads this, I don't care if you managed 15 miles, I still class it as on my own.

Hopefully my housemate will be doing it with me! I had a look on Runners World. Seen a couple of 10k races I can do when I have a 6 mile run scheduled in on a Sunday. Clapham Common's the first on the 6th September.

Hopefully my housemate will be doing it with me! I had a look on Runners World. Seen a couple of 10k races I can do when I have a 6 mile run scheduled in on a Sunday. Clapham Common's the first on the 6th September.

Nice and flat - I like it!!

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering if this should actually be in the guilty confessions thread as it's a bit... well, strange. >_<

My new laptop case is one of those rubber/neoprene jobbies and I'm, erm, addicted to the smell of it. :blush: Seriously, me going round sniffing the thing is becoming borderline obsessive.

It's all a bit alarming. :ph34r:

inadvertently emailling two company directors, re. my poor internet connection (they do work for the relevent company) and getting it sorted in the faction of the time than if i'd have by going the conventional route.

You are a total hero for doing that. Plus the £10 top up each for our 'inconvience' was top drawer.

I'm wondering if this should actually be in the guilty confessions thread as it's a bit... well, strange. >_<

My new laptop case is one of those rubber/neoprene jobbies and I'm, erm, addicted to the smell of it. :blush: Seriously, me going round sniffing the thing is becoming borderline obsessive.

It's all a bit alarming. :ph34r:

:laugh: :smile::o

Absolutely bonkers!!