Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Super Arj

Are we on telly vs Tranmere

Nah, its not on telly. Tranmere moved the game because all there fans would of gone to see liverpool if the game was played on the tuesday, so there wouldnt of been any home fans apart from the everton fans who go to watch when they aint playing.

Or....... Liverpool police would of been overwhelmed with chavs in shellsuits with perms running around yelling 'alrite, calm down, calm down!' if it was played on the tuesday

Nah, its not on telly. Tranmere moved the game because all there fans would of gone to see liverpool if the game was played on the tuesday, so there wouldnt of been any home fans apart from the everton fans who go to watch when they aint playing.

Or....... Liverpool police would of been overwhelmed with chavs in shellsuits with perms running around yelling 'alrite, calm down, calm down!' if it was played on the tuesday

So Tranmere don't actually have any of their own fans? :dunno:

I can tell you this for a fact that this isn't the reason why the game is being played on the Wednesday.

The reason why it's being played on a Wednesday is because Merseyside Police will be fully stretched trying to deal with the Liverpool vs Real Madrid game and feel they won't have enough resources to deal with our game on the same night.

Tranmere were at home on Saturday and Everton weren't playing.

But I didn't see much of an increase in the crowd..

That's exactly what I was thinking. I really can't see why Everton fans would want to watch Tranmere just because their team is playing away. C.J, where did you get this information from?

That's exactly what I was thinking. I really can't see why Everton fans would want to watch Tranmere just because their team is playing away. C.J, where did you get this information from?

It used to happen a fair bit when football tickets cost shrapnel. Nowadays when it'd oost you about 60 quid to do both, less so.

It's just the Police. Can't handle the two games. Liverpool and Madrid cos the numbers and stature, us and Tranmere because we might bring a few.

I've heard we're trying to get an extra allocation becau.... Oh wait. >_< We won't even sell out our initial allocation.

There is a grain of truth in what Ultra says, but it doesn't really happen now.

Back when tickets cost less and Tranmere routinely played on a Friday night a lot of Everton and Liverpool fans would go to Tranmere on a Friday night as a way of seeing an extra game, particularly if theor team wasn't playing at home on the Saturday. These days tickets cost a lot more and Tranmere have to play their games on a Saturday like everyone else.

Simon

Archived