Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Torrents Problem

I don't understand why I can only get about 50 seeds (on a good day) when there are a few hundred or even more.

It's still quick enough for an album obviously, but when I'm getting a discography or some episodes of something, I'd prefer it to be quicker. :huh:

Its the tracker your connected to but there is a setting in utorrent where you can increase the number of connections it makes.

When I was borrowing my neighbours internet I was getting great download speed using uTorrent. Since getting our own set up with Talk Talk it's complete balls. Recently it's not even downloading even though it says it has connected to loads of seeds/peers. The connection to the internet is fine though and noticed in the Speed Guide menu in uTorrent that sometimes you need to forward your port or something... any ideas if that works/how to do it?

This site takes you through it depending on your router and firewall portfoward.com

Its quite simple. Open a port in utorrent and tell your router it is open.

I don't understand why I can only get about 50 seeds (on a good day) when there are a few hundred or even more.

It's still quick enough for an album obviously, but when I'm getting a discography or some episodes of something, I'd prefer it to be quicker. :huh:

Does it depend on how many of the seeds have got their torrent on 'start'? I'm seeding a few things but only have about 5 of em on 'start' at a time.

I get some speeds of 400kbs and some of 0.8kbs for films. Varies I think depending on the upload speed of who you gettin them off. I can sometimes get a film in 40 minutes and another film in 15 hours. Not sure if I know what I on about though :D

You can set a maximum, 50 may well be default. Dig around in preferences.

You can set a maximum, 50 may well be default. Dig around in preferences.

:o

I just checked mine and, you're correct, the maximum is 50. I just set it to 99999999

What is bad about having loads or something?

Your not a member of ScT then. The best tracker.

ADSL24 provide a very good service with no throttling.

Unfortunately not, Im quite happy with RevTT though i get a film in 5mins and a 360 game in 2hrs, its all i need tbh. (Are you a member?, i could sort you out if you like?)

Unfortunately not, Im quite happy with RevTT though i get a film in 5mins and a 360 game in 2hrs, its all i need tbh. (Are you a member?, i could sort you out if you like?)

Thanks for the offer but I am OK with what I have. Similar speeds to ScT.

Archived