Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
welck12

Worst Live Band

We're they really that bad, or just not your taste.. there not mine, but the boys can play...

They were that bad. Although to be fair to them alot of it was to do with the mix being used. So much treble and so much rhythm guitar.

All you could hear was Rhythm guitar excessively treblified and the kick drum with the double bass pedal being used.

Vocals were dreadful, nothing at all like they aimed for, lots of bum notes were hit. 

Worst of all the lead singer Matt Heafy acted like a complete **** throughout with his bashing of certain people in the audience and then his constant comments of 'you're not metal if you don't mosh to this' when playing as support to Slayer. Pete Townsend'd his guitar at the end though, that was rather amusing, especially when the bits he gave out to the audience lobbed them back at him. :giggle:

Had to stand through MCR at Download a couple of years ago.

What sort of stupid fucking band encourages the girls in the crowd to keep their tops ON!?

HAHAHAHAHA :crylaugh: Yeah i don't know nothing about music. Are you a 12 year old emo now ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHA :crylaugh: Yeah i don't know nothing about music. Are you a 12 year old emo now ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Huh? What?

At what point did I say I liked MCR? One of the major drawbacks of music festivals is having to sit/stand through bands you utterly deplore to get a good spot for ones you love.

I've seen far worse than the fifteen minutes of the end of an MCR set. I've been dragged to see Coheed and Cambria, Puddle of Mudd, Newfound Glory, Blink 182, Dashboard Confessional, Good Charlotte, The fucking Darkness, The Libertines were especially painful.

Trust me, the list goes on. I've probably seen more live bands than you own albums - so you can be sure I've seen a fair amount of acts I didn't personally like.

mercifully i have forgotten most of the worst but a few i'll never forget are....

1. the band who supported us on our first ever gig, so bad thet the girl singer actually asked her mate to come up and take over the drumming half way through

2. purely for feeling embarassed for them, Gene, totally out of their depth in a half empty Royal Albert Hall

3. but for pure, musical rubbishness and whiny dreadfull pain, it has to be 'Manic Street preachers' at Radio 1's 'one big sunday, in cardiff - obviously one doesn't mention it at the time. although on the same bill - ash, the shirehorses :giggle: , republica and robbie williams were immense

They were that bad. Although to be fair to them alot of it was to do with the mix being used. So much treble and so much rhythm guitar.

All you could hear was Rhythm guitar excessively treblified and the kick drum with the double bass pedal being used.

Vocals were dreadful, nothing at all like they aimed for, lots of bum notes were hit.

Worst of all the lead singer Matt Heafy acted like a complete **** throughout with his bashing of certain people in the audience and then his constant comments of 'you're not metal if you don't mosh to this' when playing as support to Slayer. Pete Townsend'd his guitar at the end though, that was rather amusing, especially when the bits he gave out to the audience lobbed them back at him.

Ah i see, arrogant and misled.. very much like machine head, when they supported metallica, i took the fact of them having shit support sound away, and still all i heard all night was double kick pedal, nothing else, bass was just a grrr rather than an instrument, and from what i gathered i couldn't hear riff... Sword were better, just.

mercifully i have forgotten most of the worst but a few i'll never forget are....

1. the band who supported us on our first ever gig, so bad thet the girl singer actually asked her mate to come up and take over the drumming half way through

2. purely for feeling embarassed for them, Gene, totally out of their depth in a half empty Royal Albert Hall

3. but for pure, musical rubbishness and whiny dreadfull pain, it has to be 'Manic Street preachers' at Radio 1's 'one big sunday, in cardiff - obviously one doesn't mention it at the time. although on the same bill - ash, the shirehorses :giggle: , republica and robbie williams were immense

I saw the manics back in 92 and thought they were fab. As they became more and more successful I think they have got progressively worse.

Although if you liked robbie williams and ash then the Manics probably aren't for you. :thumbup:

Is this thread about bands people dislike who they happen to have seen live or musically poor performances?

I saw the manics back in 92 and thought they were fab. As they became more and more successful I think they have got progressively worse.

Although if you liked robbie williams and ash then the Manics probably aren't for you. :thumbup:

Is this thread about bands people dislike who they happen to have seen live or musically poor performances?

i don't like the manics, but they just were awful - the guy couldn't sing and the drummer was very poor, it was like someone taking classes - naturally, i guess you tend to notice the bad things when you're bored...

but, equally, i liked gene a lot and that time, they just made a really bad decision, not so much that they played awful but, given the venue they were totally lost.

I'd have to say some awful support band, which a google has told me were called Dignity Dies First. The venue had set things up with ridiculous amounts of drums and treble and not much else which didn't help but it seemed like they each picked one other member of the band to be in time with. Add to the fact that I don't really like growly metal in the first place and it was pretty dismal. Everything after them was good though, which probably just highlighted how bad it was even more.

i don't like the manics, but they just were awful - the guy couldn't sing and the drummer was very poor, it was like someone taking classes - naturally, i guess you tend to notice the bad things when you're bored...

but, equally, i liked gene a lot and that time, they just made a really bad decision, not so much that they played awful but, given the venue they were totally lost.

I never thought James Dean Bradfield had a great voice but my sister actually saw them about 7-8 years ago and said he had the best voice she'd ever hear. Takes all sorts I guess.

So if we are talking about musically the worst I would (although it pains me) to say Bob Dylan around 98 in newcastle, I couldn't tell what on earth he was saying. I was a big fan and left very dissapointed. Still to see the man sing those incredible songs even though he seem to mumble his way through them was still great, but most of the concerts I've been to are bands I love so maybe I listen through biased ears :giggle: but they've all been great.

Ah i see, arrogant and misled.. very much like machine head, when they supported metallica, i took the fact of them having shit support sound away, and still all i heard all night was double kick pedal, nothing else, bass was just a grrr rather than an instrument, and from what i gathered i couldn't hear riff... Sword were better, just.

The difference being Machinehead are actually better than metallica. Trivium are just toss.

The difference being Machinehead are actually better than metallica. Trivium are just toss.

Not form the droll they turned out beforehand.. it was god awful. Sword were miles better than machine head... like light years.

Machinehead where awful supprting Metallica in Nottingham,my mate seen them at NEC the other week and said there were just as bad.

Machine Head get let down by their live sound, although I wouldn't go as far to say they are better than Metallica they are most certainly better than Trivium.

On the flip side one of the best Live bands I've ever seen is Nevermore, bloody brilliant stuff

Archived