Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
welck12

Worst Live Band

Well seen as most of the festival line ups and summer tours seem to be getting annouced around now, i was wondering who is the worst band that everyone has seen live.

Mine has to be the Chilli Peppers. I've seen them live about 6 times now; at festivals and both supporting/headling in all different types of venus and gotta say as much as i love them they sucked everytime. The first time it was a festival with them not headlining so i put it down to that. But the next couple they were headliners and they still sounded piss poor. Not what you;d expect from such a great band.

Any others?

Well seen as most of the festival line ups and summer tours seem to be getting annouced around now, i was wondering who is the worst band that everyone has seen live.

Mine has to be the Chilli Peppers. I've seen them live about 6 times now; at festivals and both supporting/headling in all different types of venus and gotta say as much as i love them they sucked everytime. The first time it was a festival with them not headlining so i put it down to that. But the next couple they were headliners and they still sounded piss poor. Not what you;d expect from such a great band.

Any others?

Miss Pooja, live in concert, her voice was excellant but the band were pathetic!

I agree, Chilis, much as I love em, were supremely disappointing.

Counting Crows, one of my favourite bands, were musically very good it's just that the singer goes too far away from the recorded material too often. Don't get me wrong, I like to hear variations on the album material when I hear a band live but the vocals were too far away from the original songs consistently to make it really enjoyable.

The Bravery at Projekt Revolution last year MK.

Hadn't heard any of their songs before so checked them out on YouTube about a month before. Seemed alright.

But when they came on, they were crap. Vocals were shit and just couldn't find a good thing about them. Glad they were on early.

Weird one this. Do I count the many bands I've seen at pubs and other small venues? Do I count the electronica band who played at the Abbey Park Festival one year and couldn't get their computer working? Indeed, lots of bands/singers at the Abbey Park Festival, whose names I can't remember because they were not worth the effort!

But on a larger scale, Bryan Adams. These are the facts:

• I was not a huge fan of Mr Adams
  • But a girl I fancied and lots of my friends were going
  • It was at the NEC, in the seated area :rolleyes:
  • I was seated at the other end from her
  • We stood in our seats and I tried to bop around a little to make the best of it, but soon got told not to by people in front and behind! :angry:
  • He sang "Everything I Do."

Looking back I suppose that musically he was accomplished and he interacted with the audience fine (though a very long way away from us. I HATE large venues!) The moral is NEVER go to a gig just cos someone you fancy (but haven't really made a move on) is going.

Further to Roots Manuva I would also like to add:

1. Manu Chao - played the same song for 2 hours.

2. James Morrison - well, err, it was James Morrison.

Wow that does surprise me. Evertime i've been the set has been amazing. I know i'm slightly biased being a huge fan, but everyone to there own. Where was that played at?

Tricky - just gets stoned and makes noises whilst pulling on his bong. You cant make out any of the tracks. Truely poor.

The Beautiful People - saw them years ago they just mimed to the album. They didn't even put the tracks in a different order. The worst 'gig' ever.

Wow that does surprise me. Evertime i've been the set has been amazing. I know i'm slightly biased being a huge fan, but everyone to there own. Where was that played at?

It was at Exit Festival last year. The atmosphere was incredible, the setting was amazing, it had been an unbelievable festival and this was one of the climax acts. It was the busiest the main stage had been, everyone (including me) was well up for it.

No doubt that most people loved it but I got bored pretty quickly. Each song seemed to just descend into the same guitar riff, the same bongo beat, the same shouting. An hour was more than enough, the second hour was just painful.

For someone who's renowned for their festival performances I was left feeling massively underwhelmed.

I saw The Stone Roses many years ago at De Montfort Hall. It was the arse end of their career but it was still pretty disappointing, to the extent that I enjoyed The Complete Stone Roses more at the Charlotte a couple of years later.

I was bullied into going to see Kasabian at Rock City not that long ago and that was bloody awful, but the very worst was the Paddingtons at the Charlotte - I don't think there was anything remotely enjoyable on any level

When I saw him at Reading Festival about 6 years ago it was ace. He's down Fabric a week tomorrow

I saw him play with Mr Scruff during my A-Levels, must have been about '99. A dream combination you would think. But his unique style and tone just seemed to get lost when he was rapping. I love Brand New Second Hand (and Run Come Save me, although not quite as much) but he just didn't really sound anything like that when I saw him. Maybe the acoustics were partly to blame.

Then I saw him again a few years ago when he was a surprise guest at a Jurassic 5 gig in Kentish Town. Again, a dream combo on paper. But then he decided to have a go at freestyling. Big mistake. Freestyling with Chali 2na and the rest of J5 is a challenge for the best rappers but Manuva was just rubbish. Didn't have anything to say and just trailed off, looking very sheepish.

Yeah he does Fabric quite a bit. Chemical Brothers playing tomorrow night. Not going but looks a quality night.

I saw him play with Mr Scruff during my A-Levels, must have been about '99. A dream combination you would think. But his unique style and tone just seemed to get lost when he was rapping. I love Brand New Second Hand (and Run Come Save me, although not quite as much) but he just didn't really sound anything like that when I saw him. Maybe the acoustics were partly to blame.

Then I saw him again a few years ago when he was a surprise guest at a Jurassic 5 gig in Kentish Town. Again, a dream combo on paper. But then he decided to have a go at freestyling. Big mistake. Freestyling with Chali 2na and the rest of J5 is a challenge for the best rappers but Manuva was just rubbish. Didn't have anything to say and just trailed off, looking very sheepish.

Yeah he does Fabric quite a bit. Chemical Brothers playing tomorrow night. Not going but looks a quality night.

I wish Jurassic 5 would reform. I only saw them twice :cry:

I'd go for the RHCPs at Reading too. It's weird that such a huge band with so many fans can be so pathetically bad live. Watched it for about half hour but I couldn't take any more so I went to see The View in another tent and they were much better.

Archived