Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Music that puts a lump in your throat

That is one of mine too, but this version that somebody made for lads that lost their lives from my old Army regiment.

This must be especially sad for you .

It is an excellent version ,and it's the first time i've heard a female voice singing it and somehow it's given it evem more poignancy.

Who is the singer , is it a soldier's wife ?

Was the shooting on the hillside real or exercise ? ( sorry if this sounds dumb)

This must be especially sad for you .

It is an excellent version ,and it's the first time i've heard a female voice singing it and somehow it's given it evem more poignancy.

Who is the singer , is it a soldier's wife ?

Was the shooting on the hillside real or exercise ? ( sorry if this sounds dumb)

I couldn't tell you who the singer is unfortunately, but I do agree it gives it more poignancy.

The hillside section attack looks like a live firing exercise to me.

Probably been mentioned before but Dvorak's 'New World Symphony' (AKA the Hovis music) reminds me of being a little kid and the death of my grandparents. It's probably the only song that has this effect on me but it's so evocative I can't listen to it!

Archived