Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Music that puts a lump in your throat

Sinead O'Connor........... Nothing Compares to You.

Was massive in the year I was expecting my Son....... a particularly difficult time of my life (not because I was pregnant I hasten to add!)

Mixed emotions when I hear it, brings back some very painful memories but I love the song and it also reminds me of one of the best things that ever happened to me too. Prince is a genius IMO.

Also Shine - Aswad........... was played on the radio immediately after my Daughter was born and (as corny as it is) will always make me think of her.

Sinead O'Connor........... Nothing Compares to You.

Was massive in the year I was expecting my Son....... a particularly difficult time of my life (not because I was pregnant I hasten to add!)

Mixed emotions when I hear it, brings back some very painful memories but I love the song and it also reminds me of one of the best things that ever happened to me too. Prince is a genius IMO.

Also Shine - Aswad........... was played on the radio immediately after my Daughter was born and (as corny as it is) will always make me think of her.

I can appreciate that, although Gay Bar by Electric 6 was playing when mine was born haha.

There's one song in particular that gets me every time I hear it, it was played at my Gran's funeral.

:cry:

I can appreciate that, although Gay Bar by Electric 6 was playing when mine was born haha.

There's one song in particular that gets me every time I hear it, it was played at my Gran's funeral.

:cry:

:crylaugh:

Listened to that the other day. It is 80s cheese.

Some New Model Army maybe.

You didn't used to sit in the The Globe of a Sunday evening talking about NMA and NOTHING BUT NMA during the late 80s?

If so me and my mates were the guys on the other table taking the mick! :whistle:

Something I Can Never Have by NIN is probably the song most likely to for me, though there are several that can in the right circumstances.

You didn't used to sit in the The Globe of a Sunday evening talking about NMA and NOTHING BUT NMA during the late 80s?

If so me and my mates were the guys on the other table taking the mick! :whistle:

Something I Can Never Have by NIN is probably the song most likely to for me, though there are several that can in the right circumstances.

A great song I really would like to see Trent Reznor do an album in a totally new direction I think the bloke has an absolute monster of an album in him away from the industrial thing piano, acoustic guitar etc as he seems to be doing his own thing now I can probably see it happening sometime.

speaking of his songs Johnny Cash doing Hurt is just such a good cover and with the video which is just sublime, it's kind of like a song from the bottom of his heart knowing the end is just around the corner a masterful performance and a brilliant video is just an amazingly emotional 4minutes of music, total genius

A great song I really would like to see Trent Reznor do an album in a totally new direction I think the bloke has an absolute monster of an album in him away from the industrial thing piano, acoustic guitar etc as he seems to be doing his own thing now I can probably see it happening sometime.

speaking of his songs Johnny Cash doing Hurt is just such a good cover and with the video which is just sublime, it's kind of like a song from the bottom of his heart knowing the end is just around the corner a masterful performance and a brilliant video is just an amazingly emotional 4minutes of music, total genius

Prefer the original but that cover is top quality.

Love for Reznor to do something a bit different. It'd still be great. :thumbup:

Right Where It Belongs is another NIN track that I'd band in with the ones mentioned.

Archived