Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Parking for Home games?

Coming up from Bristol with the missus after work tomorrow - leaving around 4 to 4:30 ish after we've managed to dump the kids off, soooo - any ideas on where I might be able to find a space would be welcome.

Whats the situation with Morrisons at the moment - I know they don't like you parking there, but do they do anything about it?

Coming up from Bristol with the missus after work tomorrow - leaving around 4 to 4:30 ish after we've managed to dump the kids off, soooo - any ideas on where I might be able to find a space would be welcome.

Whats the situation with Morrisons at the moment - I know they don't like you parking there, but do they do anything about it?

If you make it with about 20 minutes to spare you can always park on one of the roads off Victoria Park Road. Fez and I go for St Mary's Road, there's always space.

I used to park in a compound, costs £5 though, its off Burnmoor Street - If you drive right next to the stadium there are signs pointing to this car park everywhere.

I now park on Aylestone Road but you have to be quite early to get a spot down there - this obviously is free.

I used to park in a compound, costs £5 though, its off Burnmoor Street - If you drive right next to the stadium there are signs pointing to this car park everywhere.

I now park on Aylestone Road but you have to be quite early to get a spot down there - this obviously is free.

That sounds a good bet, as I won't be early enough to be chosey about paying to park. One issue - Road names will mean nothing to me, a non-local!

Would the place you're on about be one down the side of where Filbert Street used to be. (From the roundabout across the river, you go straight on rather than right to the Walkers?)

Last time I went to park next to Welford Road it was pay and display - have they changed that to pay on exit now?

Try the cinema. Just say to the guys on the gate your going to watch a film and hide your colours!

That could just work! I'm going with my missus, and women don't like football do they! (Sorry Lisa, and other females, I'm using an age old sexual sterotype.)

That sounds a good bet, as I won't be early enough to be chosey about paying to park. One issue - Road names will mean nothing to me, a non-local!

Would the place you're on about be one down the side of where Filbert Street used to be. (From the roundabout across the river, you go straight on rather than right to the Walkers?)

Burnmoor Street is here

I usually park down those small narrow shit streets with stained mattresses and burn out sofas everywhere, near that meat shop that looks like it sells nothing but dog carcasses .

Tudor? :whistle:

I usually park down those small narrow shit streets with stained mattresses and burn out sofas everywhere, near that meat shop that looks like it sells nothing but dog carcasses .

Now I know where your talking about! What use are street names these days anyway!

• 3 months later...

Parking gets harder courtesy of the council.

Sidestreets off Narborough Road remain an option but I bet the residents love how more traffic has been pushed in their direction by the residents-only parking now fully established close to the ground.

Adding to the irony, those "residents" parking spaces are two thirds empty on Saturday match days and many of the opportunist car park providers have taken advantage of inconvenienced fans by adding another £1 (or a massive 25%) to their charges, again pushing motorists the more distant sidestreets.

Archived