Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

What are you listening to?

snap, crackle n' pop!

So pleased I've got hold of a copy of this. It was reissued on vinyl back in August while i was on my hols. I was gutted I'd missed out, then it turned up at rrp at an online purveyor of vinyl that I regularly frequent. Couldn't believe my luck as speculators were asking silly money for second-hand or resell copies. Just goes to show, keep checkin' those racks. 

I was late to party, but The Caretaker has been pushin' out this kinda' stuff for a few years now. If you like what you hear, check out his recent 'Everywhere at the end of time' series. For me the first three albums are the go-to. After that the sound degenerates and, to my ears, it just becomes noise and begins to feel like someone is scraping the inside of me skull out. His work is described as modern ambient / classical / electronic but it also descends into dark ambient / drone / metal. It is all just labels though, music is music is music. Just listen to what you like ....

This particular one more chilled, it's for late at night when it's all getting a bit woozy. Crack open the Absinthe and turn down the lights. Repackaged n' lightly mixed, after partying hard and through a hazy waft of opium smoke, this is the music yer' grannie chilled to.

:)

Edited by swanlee
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Soup said:

6 music is not without it's faults but when they drop a tune like this before 8am you can't go wrong. 

6 music was excellent until they changed the schedule, just dont get on with mary anne hobbs and tend not to turn it back on from there until Gid Coe show.

10 minutes ago, masterg59 said:

6 music was excellent until they changed the schedule, just dont get on with mary anne hobbs and tend not to turn it back on from there until Gid Coe show.

Yeah agree with you there. She can play some good stuff but her voice does my head in. 

12 hours ago, Soup said:

RIP Ginger Baker. I've got the above album - Fela and the band laying down some funky grooves.

If you get the chance check out the film Beware of Mr Baker. It details why & how Ginger turned up in Africa and playing with Fela.

You also get a real insight into his drumming, his music and his personality. Turns out Ginger was a crazy mother! At one point he even assaults the film maker.

Brilliant viewing! Brilliant drummer! Brilliant musicianship!

Edited by swanlee
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, swanlee said:

RIP Ginger Baker. I've got the above album - Fela and the band laying down some funky grooves.

If you get the chance check out the film Beware of Mr Baker. It details why & how Ginger turned up in Africa and playing with Fela.

You also get a real insight into his drumming, his music and his personality. Turns out Ginger was a crazy mother! At one point he even assaults the film maker.

Brilliant viewing! Brilliant drummer! Brilliant musicianship!

Will definitely check out the film. Sounds really interesting. He did sound like a proper character to say the least