Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

What are you listening to?

19 hours ago, Soup said:

I've often thought about starting a Jazz thread but not sure how it'd go down. The Blues thread didn't hang about so I'll just post the odd gem in here instead. I'm loving this guy at the moment. So cool 

Do it!!! But, as long as I’m allowed to start a bossa nova thread 😆 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Soup said:

I've often thought about starting a Jazz thread but not sure how it'd go down. The Blues thread didn't hang about so I'll just post the odd gem in here instead. I'm loving this guy at the moment. So cool 

Not a massive jazz fan myself tbh although I certainly enjoy certain individuals.

If you like this, no doubt you'll also like Larry Coryell. 

Personally recommend Fairyland which I bought in the late 70s.

John Mclaughlin and the Mahavishnu orchestra  too was another particular favourite, especially his collaborations with Carlos Santana

• Like 1

On 04/09/2021 at 10:44, Hoopla10 said:

Same. I had an ex-girlfriend (around 2010 so like you discovered it late) who was mad into it and turned me on to it. We went to quite a few fun all-nighters. Really cool bunch of people that embraced anybody who came in with the right mindset. The greatest part is there's no age restriction, love the music, love dancing, it doesn't matter if you're 18 or 81 you'll have a brilliant time. Guess where there's a a coming Northern Soul night?

Untitled-1.jpg.ff94f7a6d6bc39751af2a376aced1051.jpg

These are a great night out!

Unfortunately it's Brighton away dead early on Sunday else I'd be all over this.

On 04/09/2021 at 10:44, Hoopla10 said:

Same. I had an ex-girlfriend (around 2010 so like you discovered it late) who was mad into it and turned me on to it. We went to quite a few fun all-nighters. Really cool bunch of people that embraced anybody who came in with the right mindset. The greatest part is there's no age restriction, love the music, love dancing, it doesn't matter if you're 18 or 81 you'll have a brilliant time. Guess where there's a a coming Northern Soul night?

Untitled-1.jpg.ff94f7a6d6bc39751af2a376aced1051.jpg

Stomper

• Like 2

2 hours ago, woollett the bullet said:

Not a massive jazz fan myself tbh although I certainly enjoy certain individuals.

If you like this, no doubt you'll also like Larry Coryell. 

Personally recommend Fairyland which I bought in the late 70s.

John Mclaughlin and the Mahavishnu orchestra  too was another particular favourite, especially his collaborations with Carlos Santana

Thanks I'll check these out. 

Wide eyed was fantastic Saturday…. Lots to enjoy rounded off with Beak, who were brilliant 

Ended up dancing like a nut at the after party with my kids…. Which either makes me a total legend or deeply tragic (I’m going to go with the latter!)

• Like 1