Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Ideas For Next CD Swap

Mentioned a few before, think it'd be a good idea for future CD Swaps to maybe have certain stipulations and boundaries etc.

e.g.

- British stuff/certain country or region

- Music exclusively from a certain decade

- Female vocalists

- Singer songwriters

I don't know, just something to consider. Probably won't go down that well but any other ideas obviously welcome. :thumbup:

Mentioned a few before, think it'd be a good idea for future CD Swaps to maybe have certain stipulations and boundaries etc.

e.g.

- British stuff/certain country or region

- Music exclusively from a certain decade

- Female vocalists

- Singer songwriters

I don't know, just something to consider. Probably won't go down that well but any other ideas obviously welcome. :thumbup:

DANGEROUS TIGER'S 1960'S SUPER MIX!

I dunno about rules. I can see the reasons for, but then we may end up with a lot of similar sounding stuff.

Currently we can chuck anything in, and it's nice to hear a range of different genres and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't mess; you won't like him when he's angry - but I agree.

I say

a) each CD has a theme and STICK TO IT!

&

b) only 10 tracks (for ease of reviewing)

I think this edition of the CD Swap has maybe been the most succesful one review-wise and people keeping within the limits. Obviously still a few long mixes, but it's tolerable. I would prefer to set a time limit to the mix instead of songs (say 45-50 minutes).

Theme is a good idea too I suppose, as long as it doesn't restrict mixes to one genre.

I don't like themes or rules!!

Freedom is what makes things like this work

a good mix tape should be a a journey with a start, middle and end as long as the tracks link I don't see any problems but the start and end can be totally different imo

I don't like themes or rules!!

Freedom is what makes things like this work

a good mix tape should be a a journey with a start, middle and end as long as the tracks link I don't see any problems but the start and end can be totally different imo

I agree.

At the same time if people WANT to have a theme they can but I don't think it should be enforced.

I don't say themes and rules all the time - but it would be interesting to try it once... or are we going to make a rule about this? :P

Exactly my point. We've done a 'normal' one, just thought it might be interested to do another with some sort of theme etc.

Exactly my point. We've done a 'normal' one, just thought it might be interested to do another with some sort of theme etc.

How about a Theme per Month?

Seeing as July has just started, a theme could be decided for this month. Having it as one month give's each person a relatively long time to decide what tracks to put on their mix?

And then next month has a different theme?

if it doesn't work out, then that's fine.

By the way, themes don't have to be associated with the month. Can be anything really.

Archived