AjcW Posted 2 September 2009 Posted 2 September 2009 Monday 14th Sept - Kasabian From Serge's house in Leicester Tuesday 15 Sept - JLS from Aston and Marvin's flat in London Wednesday 16 Sept - Biffy Clyro from the Biff's house in Ayrshire Thursday 17 Sept - Dizzee Rascal from Dizzee's studio in London Friday 18 Sept - Jay-Z from Jo Whiley's house! Thats going to be one hell of a week of radio. I think its Jo's last week aswell, might be wrong.
StanSP Posted 2 September 2009 Posted 2 September 2009 Monday 14th Sept - KasabianFrom Serge's house in Leicester Tuesday 15 Sept - JLS from Aston and Marvin's flat in London Wednesday 16 Sept - Biffy Clyro from the Biff's house in Ayrshire Thursday 17 Sept - Dizzee Rascal from Dizzee's studio in London Friday 18 Sept - Jay-Z from Jo Whiley's house! Thats going to be one hell of a week of radio. I think its Jo's last week aswell, might be wrong. Well there's huge shake-up planned for Radio 1 in September. Fearne Cotton's taking over Whiley's slot and Live Lounge duties. So yeah you might be right that she's leaving. And Greg James is taking over Edith Bowman's slot.
Joe. Posted 2 September 2009 Posted 2 September 2009 If it is her last week, what a way to end it all. As an aside, I think it's criminal they're replacing her with a woman who's ten times more annoying than her (which is fairly difficult). I actually think Edith Bowman's alright as well.
StanSP Posted 2 September 2009 Posted 2 September 2009 If it is her last week, what a way to end it all. As an aside, I think it's criminal they're replacing her with a woman who's ten times more annoying than her (which is fairly difficult). I actually think Edith Bowman's alright as well. This.
AjcW Posted 2 September 2009 Author Posted 2 September 2009 If it is her last week, what a way to end it all. As an aside, I think it's criminal they're replacing her with a woman who's ten times more annoying than her (which is fairly difficult). I actually think Edith Bowman's alright as well. I agree... to be fair Jo bores me sometimes and I would of liked to see them bring someone like Nihal or vernon to weekdays instead of Ferne cotton(who lets face it will be away half of the time). I think greg replacing edith is a smart move though.
Matt Posted 2 September 2009 Posted 2 September 2009 Get Edith Bowman off Radio 1, Please. Jo is alright, sad to see her going really, Fearne Cotton used to be alright bu abit annoying now, Chris Moyles is funny then goes annoying, then funny again, Scott Mills is about the only consistantly decent one on Radio 1, but as I said in the start of this post Edith Bowman needs to go, Give her and her film-wankathon their P45's.
Miquel The Work Geordie Posted 2 September 2009 Posted 2 September 2009 Jo Whiley is annoying. Cotton is more annoying. Bowman is alright. But Colin Murray was/is the KING.
Miquel The Work Geordie Posted 2 September 2009 Posted 2 September 2009 I think we'll all miss the Jo Whiley hi-hat.
Fosse Boy Posted 2 September 2009 Posted 2 September 2009 Can't stand Jo Whiley, especially Changing Tracks. I might actually write in to that with some horseshit story about how I was really depressed and see if I can get some obscure thirty minute prog song on the air as a result.
Joe. Posted 2 September 2009 Posted 2 September 2009 Can't stand Jo Whiley, especially Changing Tracks. I might actually write in to that with some horseshit story about how I was really depressed and see if I can get some obscure thirty minute prog song on the air as a result. They make me piss. I heard one the other day about a gay lad who found his boyfriend having sex with his dad.
Miquel The Work Geordie Posted 2 September 2009 Posted 2 September 2009 When I was three, I fancied myself as a regular James Bond, when one day, I climbed a tree. I subsequently fell out, and grazed my knee. It wasn't bleeding or anything, but it really hurt. I can now never look at a tree in the same way again. Please play Alice Deejay for me.
Samilktray Posted 2 September 2009 Posted 2 September 2009 Its Coldplay and Jay-Z, takes the shine off of things for me... not that I'd have the Radio on, let alone Radio 1.
StanSP Posted 2 September 2009 Posted 2 September 2009 The days that I'm most likely to listen to are Thursday and Friday.
AjcW Posted 2 September 2009 Author Posted 2 September 2009 Its Coldplay and Jay-Z, takes the shine off of things for me... not that I'd have the Radio on, let alone Radio 1. Its actually Jay Z on his own. With recorded tracks from coldplay months ago So you can put that shine back on.
Libertine Posted 2 September 2009 Posted 2 September 2009 But Colin Murray was/is the KING. Damn right. Great show that was. Grimshaw's a decent replacement though. Zane is on/off also.
Fosse Boy Posted 2 September 2009 Posted 2 September 2009 They make me piss. I heard one the other day about a gay lad who found his boyfriend having sex with his dad. I literally loled reading that!
AjcW Posted 18 September 2009 Author Posted 18 September 2009 Jay Z is on in around 15 minutes. Coldplay gig highlights at the moment, sounds pretty good. Loved their Billy Jean cover.
StanSP Posted 18 September 2009 Posted 18 September 2009 Future Live Lounges: * 21 Sep - Veronicas * 23 Sep - Newton Faulkner * 24 Sep - Shakira * 25 Sep - Keri Hilson * 29 Sep - Paloma Faith
Matt Posted 18 September 2009 Posted 18 September 2009 Sad to see Jo go from the weekdays, Think Fearne Cotton will get abit annoying, I didn't realise, Was Edith set to leave at the time when this thread was created? I'm sooooo glad! Thank-Fuk, Is she moving to weekends too or is totally off Radio 1 now? Live Lounge tour was good from what I heard, Kasabian lived up to expectations and were brilliant, Didn't listen to JLS as I hate manufactured pop, Didn't listen to Biffy Clyro as I just missed it, Dizzee was brilliant yesterday - I've got to see him live sometime, Coldplay gig sounded great (No so keen on their new stuff, love their old stuff, but it all sounded great), Jay Z not overly keen on him but it did sound good.
SystonFox Posted 19 September 2009 Posted 19 September 2009 that Coldplay gig from Hampden park was awesome, loved the whole set. glad Wiley is leaving, thinks she invented everything good about music nowadays. glad Edith is leaving too and how all she goes on about is dogshite films with her rent boy mate. Greg James will be decent but would prefer him to have Wileys slot as i dont listen in afternoons and Cotton will just get on my tits.
Matt Posted 21 September 2009 Posted 21 September 2009 Fearne Cotton wasn't too bad actually I thought she'd be worse, She probably will get annoying with time though Greg James, Good, Much, much, much better than that annoying bitch who used to have the slot.
lou Posted 21 September 2009 Posted 21 September 2009 Fearne Cotton wasn't too bad actually I thought she'd be worse, She probably will get annoying with time though Greg James, Good, Much, much, much better than that annoying bitch who used to have the slot. A dose of E-Coli is better than Edith to be fair but from what I heard he was pretty good
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.