Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

CD Swap 5

Thanks for the review, shame the whole mix swap died a death! It is intended to be played as a playlist, and its more of a wintry night mix it kind of doesn't work now it's summer! Jon Brion is from Eternal Sunshine, and the Memoryhouse song is basically a remix of another Jon Brion song from the same film.

Thanks for the review, shame the whole mix swap died a death! It is intended to be played as a playlist, and its more of a wintry night mix it kind of doesn't work now it's summer! Jon Brion is from Eternal Sunshine, and the Memoryhouse song is basically a remix of another Jon Brion song from the same film.

I didn't know but Spotify told me. Like i said its kind of the wrong mood for me to enjoy it properly. Liked it though. Especially Red House Painters and The Radio Dept.

I really hope we can do an official summer 2010 CD Swap.

Looking back at my effort from last summer, I'm embarrassed. I think on the most part I put too much emphasis on finding songs that would be new to you guys, and forgot about the importance of putting together a mix that was bearable, with some form of flow to it.

Something I'm starting in the hope there will be a re-occurrence of last year's fantastic swap is intended to be better thought out and a general improvement on the tragedy that was my attempt last year.

No Scandinavian rock or Darren Styles. I promise :P

I'm thinking that as it is summer there would be more interest (like last summer) because of the summer holidays?

Spotify Link

I'm not gonna make a big deal or owt but have a peek at this playlist i made. If you're desperate for some mp3 action i can hook you up. Let me know what y'all think.

Rock It - Sub Focus

Fist Of God - MSTRKRFT (Be thankful it wasn't the Justin Bieber Vs Heartbreaker mash up!)

Brow Beaten - Silver Columns

The Phoenix Alive (The Ocrans Edit) - Monarchy

Divisive - We Have Band

Belong - Washed Out

Swim - Surfer Blood

The Shrew Would Have Cushioned The Blow - Joy Orbison

Schoolin' - Everything Everything

Rules Don't Stop - We Are Scientists

Fancy Footwork - Chromeo

Old Isleworth - The Ruskins

Bomb - Band Of Skulls

• 1 month later...

Spotify Link

I'm not gonna make a big deal or owt but have a peek at this playlist i made. If you're desperate for some mp3 action i can hook you up. Let me know what y'all think.

Rock It - Sub Focus

Fist Of God - MSTRKRFT (Be thankful it wasn't the Justin Bieber Vs Heartbreaker mash up!)

Brow Beaten - Silver Columns

The Phoenix Alive (The Ocrans Edit) - Monarchy

Divisive - We Have Band

Belong - Washed Out

Swim - Surfer Blood

The Shrew Would Have Cushioned The Blow - Joy Orbison

Schoolin' - Everything Everything

Rules Don't Stop - We Are Scientists

Fancy Footwork - Chromeo

Old Isleworth - The Ruskins

Bomb - Band Of Skulls

Glad this went down well as always :P

We should do this again (again) with the usual faces (and more if possible). As the last two times have fallen flat on their arses though, it probably won't happen...

I think I would be up for this again, even if nobody else is bothered Joe we could at least swap one between us!! :thumbup:

Yeah I'll do one. More to hear what other people are listening to as am going through a bit of a lull at the minute.

found any Indian Hip Hop or Drum & Bass or anything really abstract yet if so stick it on!!

As for my mix I can probably go at short notice have a few I have done recently, you can choose Guitars or Electronic the choice is yours people!!

p.s NO Darren Styles NSLL!! :thumbup:

found any Indian Hip Hop or Drum & Bass or anything really abstract yet if so stick it on!!

As for my mix I can probably go at short notice have a few I have done recently, you can choose Guitars or Electronic the choice is yours people!!

p.s NO Darren Styles NSLL!! :thumbup:

If you search for "dnb mumbai" in Google you get links to hospitals and a business information company - that just about sums up the scene out here. There's a few bits and bobs although hip hop nights invariably mean playing Return of the Mack (fair play, it's Leicester at least) and that Hindi remix of the Knight Rider theme (they go mental when that drops). Found a bit of techno and progressive house but I plan to keep digging around (Bukem played out here a few weeks ago - there's clearly potential!!).

So yeah, in summary, mine will be full of Hindi love songs.

I'll do this, as long as someone tells me what it actually is.

you put a mix together of stuff you think people might like, put it in a zip file, upload it and people download and review it

:

Occasionally... :P

to true!! although I do try to review everyone personally

Sounds alright to me, I'll do this providing whoever runs this shibang has no problem with it / tears my taste in music to shreds.

That is one thing I can't guarantee I'm afraid, we are a pretty open minded bunch by all accounts and the way I see it is that if someone can take one or two songs off a mix that they love then it's been a successful mix

Archived