Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

CD Swap 5

Or you could actually pay for the music and not wait :doh:

I already know the 10 songs I want, just a case of downloading again.

I tried paying once...bought a whole lot of songs on Itunes and couldn't work out how to use them in WMP because they had data rights protection. I'd rather just use torrents if I'm honest.

I already know the 10 songs I want, just a case of downloading again.

I tried paying once...bought a whole lot of songs on Itunes and couldn't work out how to use them in WMP because they had data rights protection. I'd rather just use torrents if I'm honest.

I'm only joshing with you mate. At the end of the day you can do what you like.

I just like being a smug bastard and take pride that I'm one of the only few people left who believe in supporting and not stealing from the artist. :)

Yet I refuse to go to the cinema and pay those absurd prices when I could just download the film for free :ph34r::sweating:

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's uploading... 26 mins though, so here's the tracklisting to whet the appetite.

1. The Littlest Birds - The Be Good Tanyas

2. All True Trendies - Aberfeldy

3. How it Ends - Devotchka

4. Extra Ordinary Thing - Aqualung

5. Nightwatchman - American Music Club

6. Becky - Be Your Own Pet

7. Half Asleep - School of Seven Bells

8. Spook - Galaxie 500

9. With Wolves - J. Tillman

10. Collecting Stones - Cranes

11. The Libertine - Patrick Wolf (In tribute to our very own! :thumbup: )

12. Miles Apart - A R Kane

13. In The House; In A Heartbeat - John Murphy

And that's it... fairly mellow this one.

Ooops, didn't realise it was my turn, was waiting for Nussul. Fortunately I already have the list, just need to post it... should take 5-10 mins.

Be right back! :thumbup:

About 2 people have done reviews for Smuts, think we should wait till more people do his, myself included.

About 2 people have done reviews for Smuts, think we should wait till more people do his, myself included.

I've just spent 30 mins uploading this and it expires in 7 days! <_<

Beeeeeatch, I'll review Smuts... but considering I've reviewed every single CD in the last 2 runs (mutter, mutter, grumble...)

I didn't post it as I haven't reviewed Smuts yet... which seems to have upset peoples.

I'll do a review of Smuts asap, using Spotify.

Speaking of Spotify am I right in thinking you need an invitation to get the free version of this? in which case anyone want to send me one?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok screw it we might as well start afresh given the abundance of interest for the previous effort....

I'm in. Definitely want to hear both your mixes.

(Not necessarily the order)

1. Joe

2. Mark

3. Shen

• 2 months later...

I made a mix for this but nothing seems to have happen, I've uploaded it for anyone interested, bit different to previous mixes.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DZ8WAQ10

1. Near The Parenthesis - Good Evening

2. The Radio Dept. - Domestic Scene

3. Memoryhouse - Lately (Deuxième)

4. Max Richter - Infra 1

5. sayCeT - Easy

6. Jon Brion - Row

7. Eluvium - Making Up Minds

8. Boy Is Fiction - Until Morning Comes

9. The Tumbled Sea - Walking

10. William Fitzsimmons - When you were young

11. Red House Painters - Trailways

12. July Skies - Cloudless Climes and Starry Skies

13. Near The Parenthesis - Good Night

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry there hasnt been much interest in this Mark! I'll have a butchers and will have a go and bang one on spotify later.

1. Near The Parenthesis - Good Evening

2. The Radio Dept. - Domestic Scene - Fan of this. Would very probably listen to it again. May even make its way into my 'new music' spotify playlist. Two thumbs up. Thought the album was called 'Clunging To The Scene' which would have garnered it big bonus points. But its not.

3. Memoryhouse - Lately (Deuxième) - Me likey

4. Max Richter - Infra 1

5. sayCeT - Easy - Really nice voice which makes me want to see her naked. I can't say that its my bag of hobnobs but it was a good listen, Don't feel i've wasted the last 4 minutes.

6. Jon Brion - Row (Eternal Sunshine?)

7. Eluvium - Making Up Minds

8. Boy Is Fiction - Until Morning Comes - Reminds me of 'Such Great Heights' but without words.

9. The Tumbled Sea - Walking

10. William Fitzsimmons - When you were young

11. Red House Painters - Trailways - I like RHP and have for a while. Usually put them on to revise to or when im supposed to be concentrating or doing something else. Hadn't heard this before i don;t think.

12. July Skies - Cloudless Climes and Starry Skies

13. Near The Parenthesis - Good Night

I can see this was supposed to be played as a playlist and not individually judged which is why i stopped that half way through unless i had something to say about it. Was half decent on the whole but not all of it was really my bag. It'd be good for a bath if i was a woman and liked candles and shit but its after midnight and i've had a few bevvies. Being the indie slag that i am all this nice ballet music just made me feel really common and dirty and in need of guitars and a catchy chorus. I'm clearly not the target audience for most of this. Thanks though, i already feel more sophisticated for having listened to it, you big posh twat! :P

Archived