Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

DnB only Thread

:cry:

My favourite ever club.

Have you been to "The Den" as it's now called?

I never made it to the end, I meant to go in between moving to London last November and it closing a couple of months later. I've been to the Den. It was a gay night (not sure if it always is) and was an amusing evening.

Really?

I've always had good vibes in that place. The rudeboys usually huddle at the back on the raised stage but their usually to stoned to cause trouble as that's the smoking up point. To be fair I've not been since the smoking ban so could be different. I remember we use to just skin up on the staircase, bouncers couldn't give two shits. :D

To be fair I haven't been to a dnb night there for ages. Think I overdid it couple of years back, the pushing and attitude started to do my head in. May be different now though. It IS a wicked club though which is why I'm going on the 1st but that's a minimal techno night so will be a different kettle of fish.

:cry:

My favourite ever club.

Have you been to "The Den" as it's now called?

Nope, didn't realise it was still a nightclub. Thought they were going to turn it into offices.

I just loved the fact you could watch the dj's doing their thing in the booth.

Gutted I never reached a Marky and friends night.

I never made it to the end, I meant to go in between moving to London last November and it closing a couple of months later. I've been to the Den. It was a gay night (not sure if it always is) and was an amusing evening.

Popstarz, that was the night I ended up at. Every Friday night apparently.

To be fair I haven't been to a dnb night there for ages. Think I overdid it couple of years back, the pushing and attitude started to do my head in. May be different now though. It IS a wicked club though which is why I'm going on the 1st but that's a minimal techno night so will be a different kettle of fish.

Actually one gripe I had in Fabric was always being mistaken for an ecstasy dealer. Especially in the toilets, people would constantly come up to me asking for little ones. Does my nut in.

Come to think of it didn't they have uni sex toilets in Fabric? Was bizarre to say the least.

Really?

I've always had good vibes in that place. The rudeboys usually huddle at the back on the raised stage but their usually to stoned to cause trouble as that's the smoking up point. To be fair I've not been since the smoking ban so could be different. I remember we use to just skin up on the staircase, bouncers couldn't give two shits. :D

I've not been to any rave since the ban. I can't imagine a rave where you can't smell green!

I used to go ravin usually twice a week through the mid-90's. Used to see the same folks from around the country wherever we went.

Best set I remember for the pure buzz was Mickey Finn one night in May 1995 I think. GQ and him were perfection that night, oh man what a rush :D It was in Skeggy at PleasureDome but not in the Zoo, was in the jungle room inside Fantasy Island somewhere. I preferred the smaller regular club night's but this big 'un was a good 'un. Combination of DJ/MC and some fine 'dollars' I think made it an unforgettable hour. One of the few sets that sticks out in my mind

Kenny Ken and Swan-E used to be special back then on many occasions.

Tune

This 'cking classic reminds me of long time ago being up Breedon-on-the-Hill on top of the quarry all night with the boot up havin a party trippin.

:D

Classics

Both are classics and I own r-type on vinyl but personally prefer the remixes. I couldn't find my favourite version but the Johnny L remix of shadow boxing is quality.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Both are classics and I own r-type on vinyl but personally prefer the remixes. I couldn't find my favourite version but the Johnny L remix of shadow boxing is quality.

Aye it was a tough choice deciding which to put up cos there's some quality remixes.

'The Burial' you put up is a great tune, not heard that for ages. The 'ooh ooh oo oo oooh' is magic, just played it twice!

I genuinely don't listen to Pendulum anymore.

Don't let these hipster music snobs put you off, lad. If you enjoy Pendulum then listen to Pendulum. :thumbup: I mean the rock you listen to is mainstream, popular shit and nobody's stopping you listen to that! lol

I personally find them pretty entertaining from time to time (though James doesn't like most of my music as it has something called "guitars" in most of it =P.)

Edited by Finnegan

• 2 weeks later...

You heading down Hospitality at matter on Friday 8th January? Thinking of popping along with the missus.

Is Matter any good?

Going on the 29th next month.

Yes, the club itself is wicked. Beautiful sound system, big well laid out main room and decent second room although you have to go through about 5 security checkpoints before you actually get in. The crowd/atmosphere should be decent, it was when I went, but will depend on the music obviously...

Had a superb night. Didn't make it into the second room. Enjoyed the bridge thing over the floor/stage. The missus got her bra searched!